wreckers finale part 1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tigatron2002, Dec 14, 2011.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, here's the thing, I recently joined the tr club partly so that I could finish the wreckers storyline started by 3h but I have t been able to find much out about the finale part 1. does it contain sentinel Maximus' creation? I noticed there was a bit of a disconnect between issue 3 and the txt story. also is there any way to get it other than buying the magazine issue it was in? I think #16? like does funpub have it on their site anywhere? same with the other magazine comics, anywhere to get those on fun pubs site? also I notice a lot of people critize this storyline for making hm nothing more than a quint plot, but within the story itself prunus claims responsibility for the visions that both primal prime and Optimus primal had so it really validates hm even more if you think about it. anyway thank you to any one who can give me any info on the finale part 1

2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So nobody has any info on this story? Guess I'll just have to buy the magazine issue then

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way to get the four comic pages is from the magazine, yeah, but you can dowload the PDF script of the full unpublished ssue at the AllSpark here. The first four pages of this script were the only ones turned into comic form, and were published as "Finale, Part 1". But "Finale, Part 2" takes place AFTER this whole script, and takes it events into account as having happened (yes, to answer your question, it does feature the creation of Sentinel Maximus).

On the Quint plot thing - Primus's involvement was retroactively added in by the writers of Finale, Part 2, who were NOT the same writers as the rest of the storyline. As originally written, the whole Wreckers story DID insultingly present Beast Machines as a Quintesson trick (one of many offhanded dismissals of various corners of TFdom the writers didn't like), but it was saved from that fate at the last minute by the writers of Part 2.

4. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea I knew it wasn't the same writing team and I'm glad that they retconned it, finale part 2 I thought was a pretty good conclusion to the storyline and was glad to see that BM actually did serve a purpose and wasn't some elaborate plot to take over cybertron, granted the quints thought it was, I liked that twist