Wreckers & Darkmount

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Mighty.Maximal, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

So they mention the idea of "Teams" does this imply the Lighting Strike Coalition, Predacons, Mayhem Attack Squad, Constructicons, Ultracons etc.. would turn up too ?

Also who are the Wreckers... Wheeljack certainly wasn't usually one and neither was Bulkhead *partly as he didn't exist*.

But do they Include Rack& Ruin, Impactor, Blaster, Springer ?

Or do they basicially shoe horn anyone from the Autobot Elite Guard into the team.

I like the idea of their being a seperate Elite Guard team too lead by Ultra Magnus with a lot of MTMTE characters in it.

Looking back Blaster used to hang around with the Wave 2 Mini-bots & Wave 2 Autobot Cars as much as Springer.

There's Characters like Broadside and Sandstorm even Wreck Gar to consider too.

Heck it's only a lot more recently that Kup, Hot Rod & Blurr would be seen as part of Springers team and that is more because of some comics and the 80's movie I'm guessing. you could just as easily lump those 3 in with the other 3 Targetmasters or make them part of Fortress Maximus's crew.

I like the idea of each heavy hitter having their own team... even with the Decepticons it could work just as well with Shockwave and Straxus and Sixshot and others too.

The only characters I personally would think of immediately as Wreckers would be Roadbuster & Whirl & Springer. everyone else seems more debatable and naturally there's issues with using 2 of them unless majorly redesigned.

So do you want the "Wreckers" to be MTMTE leftovers like Wheeljack or Windchager, or Warpath or more obscure Autobots or even 'Cassette' characters like Steeljaw and Ramhorn ?

One might argue for example that it would be surpless to requirements to have Ironhide be a Wrecker and it would be better if he was from another team as he'd be quite similar to Bulkhead or Kup in someways.

And the other issue is if they thought at the Battle of Darkmount were they fighting Straxus and did he survive ?

2. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

No idea, I'll let the writers decide.

3. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it wasn't implied that Wheeljack was the leader, so there's always a chance that the team could be lead by Springer.

The thing is, even though Springer is well known in the fandom, he hasn't been seen since G1 in any TV show, homages aside. It makes me think that if they did expand on the Wreckers, we may see a totally different line up.

In saying this, I never expected to see Skyquake on TV, and I just did. I'd not be suprised to see the Wreckers consisting of Springer, Kup, Wheeljack and maybe one or two others. Perhaps Roadbuster and Whirl as they're two of the most well known Wreckers.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Well given that the Wreckers probably gained new members over time, I get the feeling that if they actually show up it will be with the proper team

5. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon Clods.

Well, as of Exodus (which we at least know the creators have read, since they cited it in an interview), Ultra Magnus was the leader of the Wreckers, not Impactor or Springer. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't be there, but his status as leader, alongside the fact that Bulkhead and Wheeljack are/were members, makes me think that we'll be seeing a rather different line-up from what we're used to.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    (To me) It doesn't really imply anything. That's one thing I like about this series so far, is that even though it references past series (scraplets, Wreckers), you really aren't able to predict where it's going, and that's a good thing. For the first time in a while, the series isn't predictable, so I'm excited to see if any of those teams/things you mentioned will show up

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was just a reference. No Straxus, no original Wreckers, just a silly little nod.

8. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone posted on Wikipedia under the Wreckers name, that Prime's Wreckers consist of Ultra Magnus, Springer, Wheeljack, and Bulkhead, but no source was given

Wreckers (Transformers)

9. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    would like to see Roadbuster included, the way he's written in comics that he loves war and is an excellent killer, could provide a good moral dilemna and have bulkhead being friends with Wheeljack and maybe tension with Roadbuster. I'd like to see Ironhide lead the wreckers and have two mounted canons like movie verse but a G1 design. He'd certainly work as being older and being a leader directing orders.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope Springer shows up in TF Prime

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As long as we get Roadbuster and a obscure LSOTW charecter in the Wreckers army, i don't care who else is in.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Hate to think the Bot Bulkhead saw eaten alive by Scraplets was a Wrecker. Assuming these guys have a high casualty rate.

13. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    I think he was combining the TF Prime universe with the WFC/Exodus continuity, which is correct to do, even if the inconsistencies will give you a headache.