Wrecker Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    It's probably just me, but PRIME Bulkhead appears too soft to be a member of the Wreckers. Though he has been portrayed as a hard case (taking on Hardshell, slaying Starscream's clone) on the whole he's too much a gentle giant to be a real member of the black ops squad that form the Wreckers.

I'd like to see a bit more of Bulkhead's past: how he became a Wrecker, whether he disagreed with them on their tactics, etc. A couple of episodes with Wheeljack shed some light on their faction, but not enough to explain their story other than they're getting killed off too quickly. I hope to see more of this in the future.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It's not just you, I fully agree.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Wreckers take who they need. G1 Perceptor is a Wrecker.

4. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

IDW Perceptor, who is based off the G1 character.

5. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Kinda thought the same. He does show he can be pretty badass like when how he crushes guys an what-not. Personality wise he's really soft but the way he fights he can pass on my mind as one but he still probably softened up hanging with prime, wheeljack seems like he loves a good fight an looked like he had fun beating that vehicon to death with it's own arm lol

6. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Like he said in the five-parter episodes: he has a lot of force and applies it when necessary. So when he's on the field, he is tough. Off the field, he's the Iron Giant.

7. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

No one remembers when he told Miko to "look away" then disembowled a Vehicon?

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Who turned into a lethal, stone cold killer around that point.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Yes.

The Wreckers in Prime have to be the biggest case of "namedrop because something really popular with that name happened" in all of Prime. They're nothing like past Wreckers or even really seem like a fit for the name. Aside from the fact that neither Bulkhead nor Wheeljack seem like Wreckers material, most of the more interesting guys are dead, so it doesn't even matter.

Man the Prime Wreckers suck.

10. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Eh, the Prime Wreckers are just less hardcore. Maybe the ones who died (Rotorstorm, etc) were total badasses but they're not around anymore.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Exactly. They're not around anymore.

12. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^^how can you even jump to these conclusions about the Prime wreckers, when we've only seen Wheeljack and Bulkhead, and never seen a flashback or anything of the wreckers working as a team? How can you conclude Bulk and Wheel arent wrecker's material, when you dont know how is wrecker's material in the show (other than your own opinion of what wreckers material is?)

We've had a few namedrops and comments, that's about it.

Wheeljack wrecked Starscream's brigade of vehicons pretty good, and bulkhead has done enough killing in this show (saved Optimus from Megs, took down knockout and breakdown, saved Breakdown from Mech, survived being onboard the Nemesis alone then grounded the ship) to merit some badass points.

Why does him being nice to Miko disqualify him from being a competent wrecker?

He doesnt have to be an asshole in order to be a badass. And squeeling like a girl cause he's scared of being eaten alive by scraplets doesn't make him a wuss - it makes him scared of being eaten alive by something he cant defend himself from. Im pretty sure everyone here would be more thana little scared if you were in the same building as a bunch of zombies or rapid wolverines or something else that wanted to eat you alive. i know i would be scared as shit.

13. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    UM, going by that logic, Pyro and Rotorstorm are more badass than Kup, Springer, and Impactor cause they died in LSOtW?

does not make sense.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I agree with Woundsave; I've never understood why people look down upon Bulkhead for squealing all girlishly, considering the context in which he's screaming.

He's screaming because a swarm of horriyfing monsters that rip through your skin and eat you from the inside-out are coming for him and it just went dark.

Darkness equals death, so TV Tropes tell me.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Because Prime, by and large, is a letdown. It has given me no reason to believe that the Prime Wreckers will be an exception, and based off the two Wreckers we have, (and that pretty much everyone else is dead and will not be appearing in this already empty and lifeless world) it has given me every reason to say they are not to par with other Wreckers. Hell, the simple fact that Bulkhead left the Wreckers and is still serving in the war effort means they're not as hardcore as the IDW Wreckers where you're part of them for life until to meet one of the three D's. (Dementia, dishonourable discharge, or death) And really, when you take away the hardcore aspect, what are the Wreckers? Nothing, really. Not in the broader context. Add to that Wheeljack is a generic badass loner and Bulkhead is just plain old generic and all the evidence tells me the Wreckers in Prime suck.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This.

I also don't understand why some people label Bulkhead as a namedrop either. I can understand with Wheeljack but I don't see it with Bulk. If anything he still has the same traits that made us love him in Animated in the first place which is that he's gentle with creatures weaker then him. His friendship with Miko is a throwback to his friendship with Sari in Animated and that's a nice touch. Also that Bulkhead in both shows are the strongest Autobots in their team only in Prime he uses it in a more careful manner which can be pretty destructive to the Decepticons. He proves this many times on the show. He knows when to be destructive when he needs to be and doesn't go overboard often. If that's not a sign of a Wrecker I don't know what is.

And him being afraid of Scraplets is perfectly understandable because those little things did show that they're scary for a reason. I mean look what they did to that Insecticon during the Orion Pax arc! It's like saying that DOTM Wheeljack/Que's a coward for mearly being afraid to die which is also understandable.

I do wish that we can see more of his backstory but hopefully we will soon espcially since his little adventure in Toxicity had got him into his critical condition.

Maybe they're going for a more different direction for the Wreckers, Or maybe that their Leader had something to do with the team splitting up in the first place leading to Wheeljack not trusting big leader type guys like Optimus and being a loner later on. The thing is we don't know who the Wreckers really are yet and for all we know there could be a lot more of them still alive then the ones we've heard on screen! Like Ultra Magnus for instance or Perceptor even!

We really can't say that they aren't hardcore when there could be a reason that we don't know why did they split up in the first place yet. Maybe Wheeljack's not telling the whole truth we don't know!

From the looks of it you do seem to trying to make out your thoughts and opinions as being statements of fact. It's understandable that you're not happy about how the Wreckers being protrayed in Prime but can't you label them as being opinions? Because not everyone thinks that way for them in Prime. I'm not trying to accuse you and I'm sorry of it appears that way but that's what it's looking like.

17. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I'm holding on to a vague hope that the name dropped "dead" Wreckers were more of a sly heads up and they're all gonna show up with Ultra Magnus, the leader of the Wreckers, at some point in the future.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    But that begs the question of why call them Wreckers? Now we can't have a more traditional group of Wreckers in the future without retcons or changing how the Wreckers are now, which begs the question of why they weren't simply done that way to begin with.

I wouldn't get so bent out of shape over Prime if I didn't know Hasbro would try to keep all this stuff in-canon with future series'.

Well, I'm not. I don't see how you could think I am or that anyone would believe that.

I shouldn't have to. Of course it's my opinion, I'm saying it, aren't I? "IMO" has to be one of the most uneeded phrases to have ever existed. That's like typing "BTW, this post was written by Split Lip on this date" after every message. What's the point?

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BH is a softy when he needs to be.

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Doesn't help that it kind of cheapens the Wreckers too. Part of their charm was that they were formed by characters that weren't big names to give them a chance in the spotlight. Kup and Perceptor kind of broke that mold, but they were honorary members at best. Prime shoving random people in there...Eh.