Wreckage

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jametron, Jan 29, 2008.

1. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Got a couple unrelated things to throw out here concerning the deluxe Wreckage figure...

1) I understand that Wreckage was originally supposed to be in the film, but eventually dropped, right? Isn't it kinda odd that his head/face is more "normal"? By that I mean he doesn't look "alien" or "bug like" like the other Decepticons, but more of a "human like" G1 type face. Hell, his face is more normal than any of the Autobots! Just an observation.

2) I think he's actually one of the cooler figures in terms of poseability, articulation and just plain look. What i want to do is repaint him though, possibly making him soneone else altogether. I've done this before. I repainted RID Scourge to look like G1 Prime recently and Classics Megatron to look like G1 Megs (even removing the "wings")... I'd post pics, but I understand that neither of those are fantastically awesome compared to some of the kit-bashing and redeco's that most on these boards have done and/or seen... it was merely done for my own enjoyment...

Anyway, I would love some suggestions as to possible repaint schemes for Wreckage, even with the possibility of him becoming someone else if need be... Decepticon OR Autobot.

2. Grimfist

Grimfist Carpe Noctem

When I see the face of Wreckage,I get a flashback of Mortal Kombat character Baraka:) 
    As for repaints,I think he has been redone in most available camo schemes,so adding a single coloured and cool theme would be the trick IMO.
    I was thinking black/boltgun metal fusion,resculpt the head and try to make a the Fallen custom...well,just a suggestion there.

3. jametron

News Credits:
    Right on thanks... And yeah, actually I didn't wanna do a camo scheme of any sort myself... besides I'm no repaint master (only done 2 so far) and never done any resculpting either, so I'll just be repainting.
    But yeah I figure a nice solid color (or 2 or 3) will look nice and compliment my lack of talent better!

Oh, and I totally see the Baraka comparison lol

Thanks for the imput Grimfist

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    If you ask me, Wreckage is the perfect example of how the bugfaces can work. Alien, yet not overly so and still fearsome looking. I mean, he has just a mouthplate with an insectoid lower jaw, and yet it works well.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually really like his look already. The only thing I think I would do is a wash to bring out all the detail in the white plastic.

6. jametron

News Credits:
    I agree completely about the face.

What does that require?

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

The only eyesore when the original color scheme is in question, are the red arms and legs. Loose that color, paint the arms and legs in boltgun, black and grey with splashes of gold and silver to accentuate the details and such, and you have a winner, because that winter camo he has from the box is pure awesome.

EDIT: and wash for the details in the white plastic is also a great idea.

It requires using a watered down color that is darker than the base color. Since it is watered down, gravity will have an a effect on it, so it will cloth up in recesses and detailing on the plastic, and since it's darker than base color it will bring out the details more and give an impression of shadows in the recesses.

8. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

post some pics of him

9. jametron

News Credits:
    Nice, thanks...

I'm starting to have an itch I guess because now I'm wondering what I can do with Swindle as well. I'm ALSO thinking that with some green and yellow-ish/orange-ish paint Longarm would make a pretty nice "movie accurate" Hoist.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wreckage should be in Urban grey camo.

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

guys... this is the allsparks right?

so he will be painted with tons of bright blue! :lol