Wrath of the Titans

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Red Goblin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  2. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Trailer was badass. Can't wait for this.

3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It looks good action wise, but I'm concerned about the story. I thought that one of the first one's flaws was that it lacked proper character development. I will still see this because I love Greek mythology. I even wrote a story about Greek mythology about a year ago with some themes that weren't fully explored in Clash of the Titans 2010.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First was awful and man that lead is terrible. Didn't know the greeks were actually AUSSIES MATE.

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks like more of the same. Don't see anything that would lead me to believe it could improve on the awful first film. At least Worthington grew his hair out a bit.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

after coming form the first one. im a bit hesitant to get excited on this one.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this is going to be good. I don't have any massive gripes with the first one like some. This and Hunger Games are the only March films of interest to me.

Sam Worthington was vocal about his displeasure with some things in the first and I did see an interview where he said, and I paraphrase, "I feel really good about Wrath. The things I was unhappy with in the first were corrected for this film."

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    It's managed to grab my attention.

9. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Worth a rental I guess, just like the first one.

10. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks better than the first, wonder how it will compare to Immortals. Lots of Titan hijinks lately

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

The first was an average flick, mostly worth due Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson as Hades and Zeus [respectively], both brillant actors that are always fun to watch [the only movie where Fiennes is truly bad at his acting is Harry Potter].

But this trailer alone trumps the first movie entirely, so I'll definitely watch it.

12. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the original 1981 film A LOT.

I also enjoyed the remake. Only problem is the STUPID 3D!!!! I was planning to see it with my friends for my birthday (though that was before COTT came out), but I canceled the gathering because of the news. When I saw it in a matinee showing, I knew I made the right decision. Everything else, like the action and acting were fine. I still think the Scorpion Fight could have been better though.

As for this film, I got extremely excited when I saw the trailer. Just hope the 3D is much better, as I heard it was being converted since Liebesman wanted to shoot it on film to give it the look of Gladiator. Conversions have improved since COTT, so I can give this one a chance. Plus it's gonna be in IMAX 3D too, so I'll check it out opening weekend for my birthday this year.

This film is priority #3, with Dark Knight Rises being #2 and Avengers being #1.

13. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    THERE IS HOPE FOR THE 3D!!!

Okay, I know viewing 3D in Cross-Eyed or with the color glasses aren't the best way to view 3D compared to RealD and IMAX 3D, but I watched this with Red/Cyan Glasses and I'll give it a chance.

Wrath of the Titans 3D (Official Trailer in 3D) - RUSSIAN - YouTube

To watch in 3D, you either need to view as Cross-Eyed mode or have colored 3D glasses.
    Just note that it's russian

14. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Potential spoilers heading your way:

I watched just about every trailer and TV spot on Youtube I could find, and did some observations. Then, I got a few ideas on what could happen, so I separated them in separate categories:

(Since these are potential spoilers, they're covered unless you scroll the mouse over them.)

Characters/Gods:
    - Perseus's son will defiantly stay behind at home. If he goes with Perseus, it's most likely that he'll live.
    - Poseidon dies? There's a picture from the set of WOTT that shows him lying on a bed, looking tired and old, while Perseus appears to be talking him while others are around the two.
    - Kronos is the only Titan. All of the other monsters are most likely under his command, or under the command of Hades.

Plot:
    - Order of Monsters/Enemies Perseus battles: Chimera, Cyclops, Minotaur, Ares, Kronos and Makhai.
    - Kronos might back-stab Hades and Ares. Kronos could do this by becoming too destructive, as Hades has no choice but to team up with Zeus and Perseus.
    - Just like in COTT, everyone dies in Perseus's group of warriors except for him and 1-2 other people.

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Just saw it in theatres. Honestly, I don't have much to say. I wont defend it. The Greek Mythology nut in me loved seeing a movie with Greek gods in it. The Greek historian in me hated it. So I'd rate it a solid 6/10 for at least being something new. I'll definitly buy it. But I don't have much else to say.

Once again Liam Neeson and Ralph were incredible. The actor playing Poseidon is a cool actor also I don't know his name though. Action scenes were pretty good. I believe that's the first time Cronos has ever been in a movie.

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Watching these trailers just brings into sharp relief how awful the Percy Jackson film was...

17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The TV spot that showcased the labyrinth made me yearn for a better and more faithful-to-the-books Percy Jackson movie and it made me realize how much I want to see the other books adapted to the big screen.

18. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Everytime I think of the Hunger Games and how much better an adaption it is, or see this which has so many elements of the mythology that show up in PJ, I cringe... they just had to water it down, didn't they... urgh. I swear, if I get to be a director and I end up being rich, I'm going to pay out the ass to get the rights to make an adaption for PJ the way it should be done.

Ahem. Let's not derail the thread further... this movie looks good. I might rent it when it comes around.

19. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    To me, Percy Jackson was a childish insult to Greek Mythology. Why? Well..
    - Hermes's son played Call Of Duty (or some kind of dumb first-person shooter)
    - Why did the Stygian Witches work as Taxi Drivers?
    - 2 Demigods and a Satyr getting high off flowers or something
    - The Satyr dancing (with fake-looking CGI legs)
    - They just had to put the pearls in the most obvious places.
    - Hades was cocky and stupid

That's my major problem with the film: it's childish.

Back on topic, I am set to attend a 5:00 PM showing of Wrath of the Titans in IMAX 3D today. COTT and the original COTT were much better then Percy Jackson, as hopefully WOTT is good.

20. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

There is kind of another cool scene with the original little owl from Clash of the titans in this one. I always like when they think to include that guy. I thought it was so cool as a kid, but I now realise how ridiculous of a concept it was.

Edit- After reading some reviews, it kind of got me thinking. Why is it that we DEMAND that every movie be a blockbuster hit? What ever happened to the days when a movie was just a movie. Now I don't mean this as a defense of Wrath of the Titans, but are we becoming too demanding as a society when it comes to movies? I feel like if a movie doesn't SMASH the box office on its first night then it's considered a complete flop. It's almost kind of a shame really, couldn't that possibly hinder creativity?