Wow, someone is not going to be happy.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by iceclimber, Feb 22, 2009.

1. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

check this auction out. Unless I am sorely mistaken, this is a KO, but look at the current bidding price.

Look at mix-master's grill. No chrome. I mean, at least the seller said it was a remake, but still not quite honest imho.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Looks like KO stickers too. The faction logos look iffy.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this go in the eBay forum?

4. lastsonofzod

lastsonofzod Kneel before Zod!

Ebay:
    Yeah....thats a bootleg. Even the auction says it is...after a fasion. It lists it as a 'remake'. Someone should report this guy.

5. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Even with the vague admission of a 'remake' the guy still also lists it as being made by Hasbro in 1985 for Generation 1 in his Item Info which definitely suggests it's an offical TF product. Which of course it isn't. Some of the other TF things he has listed look iffy too. Like the Defensor with the red Hotspot in it also listed as a 'remake' (unless there ever was a red Hotspot) and the Menasor with Technobot parts.

6. iceclimber

yeah, I would love to contact the high bidder, but I don't know how. I can't believe this is going to sell for that much. The seller probably paid no more than $18 dollars for it. Oh well. Such a sad thing to witness though.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Don't the KO's still have the old trademark stamps?

By stating it's a "remake" but stating the manufacturor stamp is "1985 Hasbro/Takara", he might actually get around it and sucker some poor sap.

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    All four of his combiners are the really cheap Chinese KO's, they're all very poor quality. Saying remake isn't nearly clear enough, a lot of folk won't equate that to KO. As such, reported.

Hot Spot was renamed 'Fire Chief' and coloured mainly red as part of Guard City.

Guard City - Transformers Wiki

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Reported.

10. kaizer3000

kaizer3000 I..AM...A MACHINE!!

wow....its now 1hr and 22 mins left for the auction and already he suckered over 25 bids....
    what a bunch of noobs...dont they know a cheap KO version when they see one?? I can get that devastator clone (exact version as u see in the auction) in my country for less than 5 USD!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

11. iceclimber

I talked with this person selling this and they are not trying to pull one over on anyone. So, they just got fortunate in selling a knock-0ff for some big dough. It would seem there are people out there even willing to fork over the big bucks for knock-offs. (runs to big lots go grab some quick changers).

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I disagree, it is not implicitly stated that they are KO's. The listings are misleading, especially for anyone that doesn't spend as much time on a board as most of us.

Fortunate, willing?

Perhaps if the buyers were aware of what they were getting, but for those prices, I doubt they do.

Unless the seller has changed the listings, or has contacted the bidders, I still call shenanigans.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't believe him. I think he's lying to try and cover his ass. he lists the with the correct year for the ORIGINAL, and uses the word "remake" once and then never again.
    If he was anywhere even approaching honest he would have mentioned what they are in the auction title, and not simply sat back and scammed people who didn't know better.
    Not to mention the amount of other KOs he also sold for big bucks. To be blunt, he's just swindled people out of hundreds and he knows it.

14. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Those are last year's bootlegs. These aren't even those (the lookalikes), these are dollar-store style KOs. Which puts a little more responsibility on the bidders for recognizing the obvious differences. But makes the non-officialness/no trademarks, not IDed as Hasbro/Takara product totally clear.

15. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    were is the link?

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Maybe the sale got killed and the OP took off the link because it didn't lead to it anymore.
    Ah. I knew I was wise to not completely say there wasn't one. :p