wow @obama spiderman

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by deceptifocus, Jan 14, 2009.

1. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    so i walk into the store today and i get one for the hecks of it. cost me $2.99 i believe... and i see theyre going for almost 50x that much on ebay??!?! wow someone overpaid hah, im looking now and theyre ALL almost $100

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

More people thinking their copies will put their kids through college. This is X-Men #1, Death of Superman, and Death of Cap all over again. Six months from now those issues will be selling for $10 a pop.

If I were you I'd sell my copy while the getting is good.

3. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I was looking for a copy at the local comic shop but no luck. :(  I wanted to put it next to my Spider-Man Colbert variant cover issue at work.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yep. Probably only 5 bucks. Well they needed to do something to increase the falling Spidey sales. I can't believe this sold better than the death of Batman. (That'll probably hit the news tomorrow)

5. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    wait now batman is dead? its all obamas fault!!!! hah

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    He's killed in Final Crisis 6 after shooting Darkseid with the same bullet used to kill orion. Superman comes down from the sky kicking all kinds of ass then it ends with superman holding up Batman skeletal corpse.

Try to engage brain before busting out spoilers - TT

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
  7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    /\ Thanks for the spoiler warning.

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had all kinds of people who've never come into my shop before expecting me to have the issue for them to buy and then walking away pissed at me when I told them I didn't get any of them.

Like I needed the grief. One woman in paticular went nuts on me and outright accused me of being one of the "Pricks" online who are selling the $2.99 comic for $100.00 rather than selling it to her for the cover price. To which I told her I'm not one of those guys, that if I had them, I wouldn't sell them for $100.00 online... I'd sell them for $80.00 and moved them out faster than the guys she thought were Pricks. :D 

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

You sir are a dick. :D 

I remember when Superman 75 came out and it was all over the news. people were scooping up copies for the hell of it. Not comic readers like ourselves. But because the news said it was coming, there it was. Well what they forget to mention is that it's a VARIANT and thus only 1:whatever number get printed. I really really think the news needs to say this as well as the people at Marvel who tell the press the story. (I'm looking at you Joey Queersada)