wow is this guy a rip off

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Ghost Prime, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Transformers Universe AUTOBOT RATCHET MOC NIP MOSC - eBay (item 320366871474 end time May-31-09 17:50:28 PDT)

it all looks ok but then scroll down to see shipping costs.....Overseas: $17.99

Sorry but i know for a FACT these figures carded DONT cost $18 to send overseas! the most it costs is $8 and i know this as most of my Henkei/Classics have all costs that much to send carded

how can arseholes like this get away with doing things like that? doesnt he think people will be pissed and leave him NEG feedback once they get the item and on the shipping section it will just say $8?

i asked the guy and he said 'its paying for my time' .....right so you went down to your local wallmart, picked up a $10 figure and am selling it for $17 and you then SECERTLY try and charge overseas buyers TWICE as much as what it does cost?

seriously i cant stand ebay anymore! cant we form and unite and make a better version of ebay WITHOUT the bullshiters/scalpers

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Extortionate shipping has been a problem with ebay since day 1, you've only just noticed it now?? If you have a problem with someone's shipping charges then man up, stop whining, and don't buy it.

3. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

so it DOESNT sicken you then that you get people like this on ebay? you think its fair to charge people more for P+P then actually it is? sorry but everytime i have sent something i always try and get the postage right beause i know people will be pissed if i say 'thats 100 for P+P and they get the item to find it only cost 12' its a wonder how this arsehole hasnt got loads of neg feedback if this is how he scams people

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    No, it doesn't sicken me - the best way to end this to deny people like that business. I just go elsewhere to get what I want and they don't get my hard-earned £££.

5. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Yeah it can be a pain, but it it less sever now then it was for a while, where offsetting the BIN price in shipping charge was commonplace.

The Junkion is very handy, it would be nice to see it:

1) expanded into different sections by toy line
    2) able to search by country of item (not everyone puts it into the title)
    3) able to search by shipping - domestic only or international

I just find at now it's hard to search (search is not very effective), and threads slip down the pages very quickly. I realise the board software is probably too limited to do that though, so it might be better to have some form of revised thread title system maybe.
    Also I'm not sure if there are any search operators (" + / etc) to help refine searches?

6. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Some cheese to go with your whine?

In fairness, while I don't know the postal prices of the USPS, it wouldn't shock me if it cost $13-14 to ship over here, then you've got the cost of the box and packaging mats etc.. Total costs of say $17. Not that bad.

I used to ship a lot to the states, and it cost me just shy of £10 to send Alternators standard airmail. International shipping is pricey.

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's the price of good shipping over seas. Just so you know, shipping that figure within the U.S. would cost about $8.

8. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Shipping prices today just suck. Straight up. I have to pay $8 just to have it sent from the next Providence over to me. Honestly, that is about on par with what the shipping would cost. As long as the guy is shipping it properly, you also need to get something to ship it in, and any Ebay seller worth spit should be getting the packages insured as part of the shipping (beware the jerks that charge extra for that).

Ebay isn't what it used to be though. I've actually found that the sales thread on here is pretty slick. Only drawback is it isn't very searchable. You kind of have to just scroll through it and hope for the best. Again though you run the risk of finding a jerk, but most people tend to be upfront and on the button with their stuff.

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

listen guys i KNOW it only costs $8 to send an item via airmail to the UK because HALF of my classics/Henkei comes from the US and all have had $8 for the postage and thats with them carded! loose usually costs around 6-7 as it seems the card doesnt add that much weight to the package.

i just find it insulting this guy can DARE to charge $17 TWICE!
    1 for the item which is only $10 IN STORE and
    2 for the P+P to be 17 for overseas buyers is just taking the piss!

im glad i purchased mine off someone on the boards rather than this arsehole who is ripping people off

10. Yamaotto

Yamaotto Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think this guys' shipping is reasonalble.

Becuase paypal paymnet requires trackable shiping method which means you have to use express. And It does cost that much.
    8 USD can ship this item with regular package but it doesn't have track infomation. If buyer is a jerk, seller can loose all the money.

Also I find he charges 6 in USA and 12 to Canada, which is also about right price.

11. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I would agree that it's close to being reasonable. Though I'm pretty sure it's just for First Class postage since the seller says anything over $50 must be sent Priority with Insurance. The fact that they don't specifically say what the default shipping is leads me to believe it's First Class.

And with a flat shipping price for Overseas it's probably a tad over actual cost but still within reason.

12. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Pretty much agree with this. If his charges are insanely high, no one will buy it and he is out the listing fees. It is not like he is hiding his charges.

13. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Yeah that price is not terrible - maybe a buck or two overpriced. It shows up as $12 shipping to Canada, which is very reasonable for an item shipped from the US.

I've seen much worse.

I'll usually ask for a shipping quote if its not available, and if its too much I'll pass. Don't worry about it too much - another one will come along that's more in line with what you want to pay. You just got to be patient - I mean you've waited 20 years for a properly scaled Ratchet with an actual head, what's a few more weeks. Just keep looking.

On the other hand, I really hate US sellers that won't ship to Canada/International - I just don't understand why you would limit your marketplace like that? I'll ship anywhere and everywhere and try to drum up as much interest in my auction as possible. I think on average the "US-only" sellers are really boning themselves - I've seen so many of these auctions end up fetching far less than auctions of the same item in which international shipping is offered.

That's something I'd like to see changed in ebay - sellers have to make the item available to the world marketplace (otherwise put your item up on Craigslist).

14. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    You know... as opposed to all the Americans here who use the USPS and are telling you this guy is right and you're wrong?

Sigh.

15. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

i have orderd 4 things OFF people here ALONE in the past WEEK - ALL carded Classics and all sent by USPS the postage has been $8/9

so how exactly am i wrong?

DUH!

16. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually had to cut back on shipping overseas cause of the price hike coming next week. I have charged @ $17 to ship overseas. I know he can send it for $8 via airmail, but (like me) he might get screwed by someone if he sends it regular airmail and it becomes un-insurable. Then all they have to say is they never got it and they get their funds back. It's higher sure, but safer for both sides.
    Now, if he is (for a fact) sending packages first-class then that's a different story...

17. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Why don't you actually see for yourself how much USPS charges?

I put my Ratchet in a box with some packing and came up with a package weighing 1 lb, 9 oz.

Postage Price Calculator

$15.25?!?!?! Those USPS bastards sure are a bunch of dishonest, shill-bidding, scalping, no-feedback-leaving, excessive-shipping-charging scammers! And don't even get me started on that low-life scum of a seller...rabble, rabble, rabble!

Seriously though, do your own research before accusing people of crap like this.

18. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol 

And where are you getting $10 for Ratchet anyway? He came out after the Walmart sale went away and has been 12.88 or somethin for quite a long time.
    Even if this guy managed to get if you less WTF? He's not selling on ebay just for the fun of it. He's trying to make money. You don't like it, buy from someone else.

19. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you don't like the terms, find another with favorable terms. That simple.

20. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    sounds like he is sending it priority international, so I'm not surprised of the shipping. I'd rather get my stuff priority with a tracking number than to get my package 3 weeks down the road with no tracking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.