Wouldnt Hasbro Lose money??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cranckasional, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok ok This is not a "omg leadfoot two pack whining thread (no offense I agree with ya)"
    But I was thinking;
    1. Wouldnt Hasbro Lose money with the whole Target exclusive leadfoot?? I mean ok its just 1 character in the movie but arent they narrowing the sales of that 1 figure?? and at a double price because you can only get it on the two pack???
    I am guessing we we will have a no target logo released like the HA (which dont matter, I JUST WANT A RED LEADFOOT figure).

2. Roadbuster not being weaponized. Ok ok think, many little kids saw a Green "alien" car. wouldnt they skip on Roadbusters original mode because they are looking for an "alien" green car for 10 dollars?? (like topspin, my girl was like: thats NOT a car until she saw the wheels and I explained the nascar thing).

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure Target is paying enough $$ so Hasbro isn't loosing money. Also, they are mass releasing it outside of the US without the Target logo. I could also see them releasing the repaint as mass retail as long as it doesn't have the Target logo.

3. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Exclusives are a pretty regular thing. I don't pretend to know the economics behind it (each deal may well be a unique snowflake of terms and conditions), but it must be profitable, they keep doing it. I get more put out by Wal-Mart exclusives because there are no Wal-Marts in New York City.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Well, you never know. We could get a DLX Leadfoot in a single pack.

5. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    Because I cant seem to get around the whole mold being exclusive in US. Maybe the Target version will be a "Premium" Leadfoot, and the others will be the regular paint lacking Leadfoot?? I still think it would had worked better if they had an exclusive all weaponized Deluxe Wreckers 3 pack (with a HAsteeljaw) THIS would had appealed better to the public, heck even Nascar Fans.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Aren't Leadfoots alt mode weapons located where the Target logo is?

Throw Target an exclusive on non-weaponized versions with the logo in the U.S.

Release them non-logo abroad.

Then released Weaponized versions to mass retail, no logos, in the U.S..

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    We've already seen re-paints of Roadbuster and Topspin, with at least one other Topspin repaint confirmed (Twin Twist)

There is no chance that the Deluxe Leadfoot mould will be used once in a Target exclusive and that's it. Don't worry, Hasbro won't lose money on the mould, and you won't struggle to find it, cos I think that's what you're really worried about ;) 

8. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    ummm no take a look man

Subliminally yes thats what I am worried about.

Attached Files:

9. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Thought so. I wouldn't worry about it. Early indications are that the Wreckers are hugely popular characters, their moulds will get re-used as much as Hasbro thinks they're able.

Now as to whether we'll get a weaponised deluxe Roadbuster? It's anyones guess at this stage, but I suspect in the initial waves they want at least one clean version and one weaponised version through the size classes before doing alternate versions. But honestly your guess is as good as anybodys whether it will actually happen or not. (personally I hope so)

10. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No,in the movie you can see the logo either way