Would You Watch a Beast Wars Live Action Movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Anti-Venom, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

You sir, are fucking brilliant!:bay  Maybe add some classic characters or even out the stats and it’d be the perfect premise. The Axalon is a scientific reasearch spacecraft traveling to an unknown planet which is claimed to be rich with energy. The crew arrive and scan alternate forms to protect themselves from the radiation. The levels are incredibly high and primal believes it shall be very resourceful. However, magmatron thinks they should use the power for more controlling needs and begins a mutiny. As they’re about to leave they seperate the axalon is separated and the “predacons” dump the maximals into space. They’re able to take control and land in a heavily guarded cavern south of the planet. They regroup and with the help of silverbolt (who left the predacons in secret) go ready to stop the predacons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fuck. Yes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Yes...and the love story aspect could be between two TFs...Silver bolt and Blackarachnia...instead of two sniveling brat teenagers. As long as Blackarachnia isn't a spider...

• Like Like x 1
  4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I give every TF fiction a shot. EVERY TF fiction. This would be no different. Though as dissatisfied as I was with the original BW, it would have to really WOW me, which would probably make it suck for the people who already like BW.

Given the bots in BW had individual teeth, functioning lips, and possibly even nostrils, I'd say the live action would be actors wearing what would amount to cosplay costumes, and then CG'ed for the transformations and alt modes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

No, I wouldn't.

I was nearly bored to death with original BW, doubtful if I wouldn't be bored by the new one too.

6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would, as long as it's not by Bay. At least it wouldn't be a soul-crushingly boring as G1.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

So, basically what the did for some of the raptors or whatever in Jurassic World (never saw it, heard it wasn't that good).

Honestly? I feel like it would just feel too much like that CG Jungle Book Disney made a while back, only they turned into robots.

8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've watched everything else Transformers on the big screen so far, so it's a given.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    It would be a hard sell for me. It would be awesome seeing modern CGI representations of those characters but the Beast era is already so damn well done I shudder to think of how badly Hollywood would inevitably fuck it up. G1 was already bad enough but Bay and company managed to make it even worse.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Do I want one? Meh. Would I watch one anyway? Yeah.

12. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

Watch? Yes. Want? Hell no. Beast Wars holds a very special place in my heart, for reasons I'm not going into. Suffice it to say, I'm unimpressed with ANY fiction that has tried to bring the series back in some form. It never manages to capture the spirit of the show something always feels a little off/missing. To me, the original Beast Wars show is perfect (yes, I know objectively speaking it's not but I have too much bias to acknowledge them). It would be like the BW guys appearing in IDW. They would have their names but nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I agree. I'd want it to be a new cast/story or heavy reboot so I'm not constantly drawing comparisons. Though unless the movie itself was just plain bad, they couldn't possibly make new versions of the characters more boring than the IDW versions.

So, nothing at all like Jungle Book?

Because whenever you're comparing two things, and one of those things has "they're also robots that transform" and the other doesn't, the similarities far outweigh the differences. You might as well say the Guardians of the Galaxy movies are like Jungle Book because they mo-cap and actor as an animal. Or Planet of the Apes. Or any movie with non-humans in mocap. That's the same rationale Bay used for not making Bee a VW in TF1 because he'd be too much like Herbie the love bug.

14. Autobot Burnout

If we're talking actual adherence to Beast Wars, then the only time they'd be actually in robot mode is in their ships - the whole point of animal modes was to protect themselves from exposure to the Energon-overloaded atmosphere of prehistoric Earth. Which means the only time the Maximals and Predacons would largely interact would be as talking animals.

Maybe I'm biased because the Transformers films have done a marvelous job at turning me off from the idea of any live action adaptions of cartoons made in the current decade being even remotely decent.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Are you forgetting, y'know, the fights? They spent plenty of time in 'bot mode. Also, they can transform whenever they want to. It's not like it doesn't take a half second to switch. You also imply that they wouldn't spend a significant time in their ships, since they only left to collect Energon/investigate weird shit/battle. The first two almost always leading to the third.

I'm sure that, yes, if you cut out ll the time spent fighting, interacting with alien artifacts, talking on the ship, or just transforming for whatever reason they need to because they can still spend plenty of time in 'bot mode without harm, you'd get something akin to the Jungle Book in the most superficial, simplistic sense. Ignoring, y'know, the subject matter around them. Except one of the Maximals is a Velociraptor and the Preds are all Dinosaurs and gigantic insects/arachnids, neither of which featured heavily in Jungle Book that I noticed.

So again I say, the correlation here is about as strong as one between Planet of the Apes and Jungle Book. They feature talking CGI animals. Beyond that the comparisons halt dead.

All of this assuming the "must spend as little time in robot mode as possible" excuse is as restrictive in a movie's setting as the TV show. (and it wasn't even restrictive in the show, which featured far more downtime than a movie would) Or even present. Again, I say make the cast and story all new, but if they did reboot the show, maximum their time would be spent 50/50 between forms.

16. Autobot Burnout

I get what you're saying. I'll be honest in that I probably should rewatch Beast Wars sometime, it's been a while.

17. Fivepeepeeman

Fivepeepeeman Who the hell do you think I am?!

Watch it? I’d watch the shit out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

If by live action you mean relatively realistic to hyper realistic CGI like the final fantasy series, maybe.

Compositing CGI into principal shots and making it look right is also quite possible- the world of warcraft movie is a pretty good example- so is Avatar. Using trained animals to motion capture natural movement in pounces and some of the baseline movement- Heck yes! But does that constitute live action?

19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  20. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Anything that can relate to Transformers I would watch.