Would You Want Universe Ultra Motormaster?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shark Jumper, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I highly doubt they would make this since Hasbro/Takara are probably getting ready to produce movie figures...

But would you want a Universe Ultra Motormaster since 2 gestalt leaders have their own Ultra toy? Does Hasbro still own the rights to the name?

I think he is big enough to be an Ultra since he'd be bigger with the trailer part included. Not sure if he'd be to scale with a Classics Prime in robot mode though...

Also what clever sounds, gimmicks, and accessories would he have?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They'd have to name him something different, as they haven't been able to use the name Motormaster for a while now. Personally I'd rather him get a Voyager class toy (cheaper and smaller). We are getting an Ultra class Scourge, though that's all we know about it, the name and size class. It could very well be a Motormaster homage, though I personally hope it's a RID Scourge homage. On a side note, I'm thinking about skipping Onslaught. Especially if we do indeed get a Combaticons 5-pack, like the Superion set. That would then make the largest TF figure I plan on buying in the next year or so Voyager class.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i would love a new motor master.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No. Any toy that was intended to be or use the name Motormaster in recent years has ended up being called Menasor instead (Titanium Rodimus repaint, unreleased Universe 1 Thunderclash repaint, Classics Legend repaint of Cybertron Optimus).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Motormaster is already in the works for the 25th anniversary line. Adding both Menasor and Hot Zone to the line would be a nice nod to the Stunticons and Protectobots, though it'd just be more complaints about the lack of proper combiner teams all over again.

5. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

yes, yes, and more yes. I think if they had a way to separate the cab from the trailer he might still make the same scale with alt. mode Optimus. I've envisioned this ever since the first pics of Onslaught arrived. He could have the air horn sound at the very least. Give him a big sword and you're all set. I think asking for a 3rd base mode might be asking a little much, but who knows.

I'm working on putting one together myself. At first glance I thought the original transformation could be re-used, just updated with more articulation. After a quick measurement, I was aware that MM would need a really tall torso and really short legs to get that flip-up torso part to work properly and have a decent sized trailer. Pics in the Radicons coming soon!

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'm meh on Motormaster. On the one hand it'd be good to have a Stunticon leader to go with Onslaught, on the other we've already had 3 truckformers in classics/universe (same mold but whatever) so I don't consider him necessery.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Since I don't really buy on names, I'll have to say "Let me see it before I commit". They can release all the Motormasters (Menasors) they want, but if they look like shit, I won't buy them.

8. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

YES! I'd love to see an update of him in classics! He's my favorite gestal leader, and he need some love!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'd like a big truck robot.

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the Gesalt leaders should be Ultras. Even Razorclaw (Who'd be awesome)

11. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I want a Motormaster for everything. I want all the Stunticons for everything. They're the most kick ass gestalt team ever!

12. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:

A classic universe Predaking made out of all Ultras ..... :drool: 

13. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Yeah, I would love to see Motormaster.

Also would love to see an ultra Razorclaw (but if they ever did him non-legend size, he'd be a Leobreaker repaint).

14. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's unlikely but it would be amazing. If they spread them over five waves then that'd be fine.

15. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Oh I know its but a pipedream .... just wanted to throw out a lil fanboy dream-gasim lol.

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Motormaster? That would be awesome.

17. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I kinda hope they use the name "Stunticon Leader" or just plain "Stunticon" as Motormaster's name - that would keep his identity the same. I like to work packaging names into my storylines and come up with reasons for the change - so Menasor in Classics and Titanium is the mind of the five Stunticons combined form rehoused in a body that isn't able to seperate into the individual components.

I find that to be more interesting than just saying that he's actually Motormaster, not Menasor.

19. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

YES!

20. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

I'm all for an Ultra sized Motormaster. Heck, if they can't use the name, just name him Motormouth :D