Would you want Starscream to die in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Jan 3, 2009.

?

Would you like SS to die in ROTF?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2009.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. No, he can die later

30 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. He shouldnt die in any future movies

28 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I say no. And not just because he's my favourite TF.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Only if he comes back bigger and badder than before. :) 

3. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I'd prefer to see no-one die.

A dead character can't receive any character development, nor, can they be used again (with the exception of Optimus Prime :lol ). I'd far rather see all the robots survive, and come back for movie number 3. I'd like to know more about them as characters, why do they fight, how do they view their lives, why do believe in their ideals?

If a character is killed off, there is no chance to get into their mindset. That's why I believe the less robot deaths the better, for both sides.

This isn't to say that no death would occur in a war, just simply that the movie can only afford to have a dictated amount of Transformers. Killing a character off would be counter-productive. There are plenty of ways to write a character out of a script without killing them as well, therefore preserving them for use in a future story.

4. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Do I smell a Ghost wanting a body?

5. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    Starscream can die in movie 3. To the hands of Megatron.

6. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I think everyone would want that. Either that or he gets himself killed by one of his plans

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd like the movies to somehow incorporate the immortal nature of the G1 and TFA incarnations in some way.

8. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    At the same time, if no characters are killed off, then the audience feels like their invincible and are in no real danger during a battle. Killing off an important character that the audience has some emotional attachment to builds tension and makes them realize that even the hero's can die, not just the bad guys. Although I personally don't feel Jazz was the right character to go in the first film, it was the right move to show the audience, particularly the non-fans, that these characters are vulnerable.

As for having a dictated amount of Transformers, Bay can pretty well make up any character he likes, as we saw in the first film. He's only limited to his writers and designers imaginations.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd like to see him die at the hands of Megatron. Maybe towards the begining of the third movie, or at the very end of RotF. Either way I want Starscream's ghost to haunt Megs during most of TF3. Maybe causing him to go crazy, paint himself purple and orange, and start to call himself Galvatron either at the end of TF3, or sometime in a potential fourth movie.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Like neevnav says, deaths make a war more real and highlight the fact that these alien robots are not invincible. They, like humans, can be hurt and can die. I'm not opposed to Transformers being 'killed off' as such if done properly, with meaning and for valid reasons, only to unnecessary and pointless deaths. I voted for SS being killed later, but if it was done right in ROTF, i wouldn't be fussed either. If SS, after betraying Megatron or another one of his fellows, ironically is betrayed and killed by another of his comrades later, that could be used to demonstrate how even amongst the Decepticons there is deceipt, treachery and disloyalty.

11. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Ahh... I can see it now.

Megatron curls himself up and rocks backwards and forwards.
    Megatron: It's all in your head, it's all in your head, it's all in your head, it's all in your head.
    Starscream's Ghost appears
    SS's Ghost: Boo!
    Megs: AHHHHHHHH!!! I've gone mad! And I now have the strong urge to paint myself purple and orange. And maybe even change my name....

Yeah, I lost ideas towards the end.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to say no because Hollywood killing off bad guys has been to death.

Either it comes across as lazy writing because they didn't know how to end the film or it's like the comic book trick of attempting to increase sells by killing someone important off. Oh hey look at us we're all cool and edgy because we are killing someone popular. Been there, done that, have the tee-shirt, and now bored to tears with the big no meaning but profits deaths.

When death is over done like the first movie it has no impact anymore. That's sort of why Dinobot's death in Beast Wars was such a big deal because it's something that wasn't common giving a big impact on the viewer. If they killed off Starscream it would just lack any punch because they have already killed off Jazz, Megatron, Bonecrusher, Blackout, Frenzy, and whatever the tank is called this week.

These days I'm more impressed with Batman stopping the Joker in The Dark Knight without killing the Joker than I am with what new boring death Hollywood will roll out next. Maybe I just burnout quicker than other people but it's hard to impress me with a movie death any more.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    It would be a tad unrealistic though if all these warrior alien robots are bitterly embroiled in a long-spanning, planet-travelling war, but there are no casualties in the end. You really think it's acceptable for a bot to get shot, fall to the ground, then soon after sit back up and say "Hey, look! I took a shot in the chest but I'm still totally fine! Wow, i sure can take punishment!" It'd be like the cartoons where no-one ever dies despite being shot at several times, explainable by either the opposition's lousy aim or the target(s) just being natural Olympic-level sprinters that can avoid any gunfire.

14. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Only if he dies theatrically like in the 1986 movie.

15. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    That, but he gets his head ripped off by Megs.

16. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

there is something to be said about killing a well known and well loved character.

ive cried like a little bitch about character deaths before but if done right then they make the story and the character more loved or remembered.

17. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with you Ravenx17 It would be nice to see Starscream die in the third movie and his ghost would haunt Megatron until he changes into Galvatron

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I'm not sure, if he died he should stay dead though. The ghost idea sounds silly for the movieverse.

19. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He can die later. I hope he's shown to be a real bastard in ROTF.

20. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Yeah,lets see some good ole Starscream backstabbing and what not.