Would you want Animated Black aracnnia redeemed?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, May 21, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Had season 4 been created, would you like a story arc where BA would eventually redeemd herself or should she stayed a villain for the rest of the show?

2. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

hmm,if she redeems herself,there might be two things i thought up:
    -she re-formats into a newer- less gothy,more transmetally look
    -she some how splits her self in her organic and original form,which i should explain abit more

if not,dont know really,she be a predacon then? i dont know.

i do know is that it might be interesting to see a mini-arc involving her.

3. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No she should stay the way she is, why go back now? Sentinel has completely written her off and with him in charge things don't look up for going back home. Personally I think she would have been " redeemed through love" and that is almost never done in a way that respects both characters. I hate that type of trope and she was totally heading for that if the show had gone on.

4. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I do. But there's one thing that doesn't sit well with me. In her first episode she threw Sari OFF A ROOF. She tried to kill a defenseless child.

IMO, that was a little overboard for a kid's show. Regardless, she hasn't done anything to redeem herself since then, so she's got a long way to come back.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    No. She should be and stay as a villain.

Honestly, I would've been fine had we never seen BA and Waspy again. Not that I don't like their characters, but we got a nice sendoff for them and their respective storyarcs and the show had moved on to tell a much richer and larger story. Had the series continued, I would've had them not show up again at all in season 4, then in S5 or S6 had them show up as the big reveal for that seasons big bad.

6. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

to answer the question...no she should stay the way she is...BA has always been better as the evil Bot...when she tries to be good..it just isn't so good...and

THANK GOD ANIMATED IS OVER...move on folks...it had it's time...just like BW, BM, Cybertron, ETC.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    She lost her edge in BW when she went good. I'm glad it never happened in Animated, and I wouldn't have liked to see that path retreaded.

Instead, I would have much rather seen Animated Waspinator redeemed. He really got a bum deal.

8. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Stop hatin'.

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like Blackarachnia to undergo some character growth, but not necessarily in the redemption department. I might have her come to accept her technorganic body instead of always trying to purge it. Her view of Autobots is still poor though, and I'd keep it that way. Optimus had more than a couple opportunities to try and get through to her, but she never budged. If she must be hooked up, I'd find her a Decepticon to get together with. Maybe Slipstream. :) 

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

No way, man. Animated was unfairly cut short and had a lot of life left in it, IMO (but then again, so did Beast Wars >_> why must the good die young?!)

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think both series went out on top of their game, especially with characters like Blackarachnia, Swindle and Lockdown. We had enough time with then for them to really shine in a guest villain capacity, without character arc tropes like "the villainess redemption" taking place. Even Sentinel Prime was a villain, to an extent.

12. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'd agree on Beast Wars, but there wasn't really much left you could do with the characters in that environment. Meanwhile, there's Constructicons, Starscream clones, Swindle, Lockdown, Dinobots, Team Charr, and plenty else unaccounted for in Animated. As far as an ending with a good sense of closure, it left a lot unanswered. I can only hope that, should IDW or whoever decide to do a 6-issue sequel comic series a few years from now ('cause that's all we'd be able to get) it's written by Marty and not someone like Simon Furman or, god help us, Shane McCarthy.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the big things about Animated BA is that she's built around psychological baggage which is often self-defeating, much like the average Batman villain. :) 

1. She hates her techno-organic form, despite the handful of advantages it gives her (there's also catches and limitations too, so it's a double-edged thingy), and her only apparent goal is to remove the organic elements.

2. She blames the Autobots (and Optimus and Sentinel specifically) for her condition, and refuses to trust them, preferring to attack or use them for her goal.

Based on the events of the series, she was only with the Decepticons because she was useful enough to tolerate, and they allowed her access to resources she needed to work toward her goal. She went on her own and never bothered to reconnect with any 'cons after abandoning ship in the pilot episode. She'd probably be better off if she could just accept her state and move on from there. That's probably not too easy though, given the organic-phobia of the general Cybertron populace. There would be constant reminders she was 'not normal', unless she only stayed with 'nice people' like Optimus' crew, or the planet of Cybertron took a tolerance course as a whole. :)  Her main roadblock is her distrust of Optimus and the Autobots, because they would be willing to help out as much as they could - if only BA would stop siccing the Dinobots on them, which would increase her chances of being cured greatly. Then again, if she WAS cured, then what? She probably can't just rejoin the Autobot populace as Elita-1 again, between her emotional/psychological baggage, and the fact that authorities would probably want to punish her for all she did as Blackarachnia. This kind of stuff likely goes beyond the bounds of kids' cartoon fare, but it would be interesting to explore.

In hypothetical future TF:A stories, I think there would have to be a meeting between Blackarachnia and post-upgrade Sari. Both are opposite sides of the techno-organic coin, one a Cybertronian who hates the organic nature thrust upon her, the other a (seemingly) all-organic being who discovered her new Cybertronian nature (and definitely likes it). There's some conflicts of opinion to be had there. That, and Sari's "technological empathy" power might hold the key to curing BA (or since she's not totally mechanical, it might not)

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually kinda felt bad for her in Animated. So yeah, I wouldn't have minded a happy ending to her little story.

15. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I kind of like characters that aren't "good" or "bad". It makes them interesting and always a bit of a wild card. And so I think if I like anything about the Blackarachnia character, that'd be it--that you never quite knew what she was going to do, just because she was playing on her own side. And so I don't think I'd necessarily want to see her redeemed--but I wouldn't exactly want to see her lost always and forever, either.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If they were going to give her a "happy ending", they should have done it at the very end of the show. As much as it would have been nice to see her get some closure to her story arc, I think it wouldn't have been worthwhile unless they really made her have to come to terms with not only her present form, but her actions up to that point. If she was to be redeemed, I would have wanted to see her really work for it (even to the point of a bittersweet ending), and I wouldn't have wanted to see her "redeemed" form around that much afterwards.

17. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    One of the most frustrating unresoved plots of TFA is BA's story. She definitelty needed some kind of resolution before the series ended.

The thing with BA is: she was such an emotionally complex character that it's hard to guess what might have eventually become of her. I'm sure they had intended some kind of eventual fate for her. A character like hers couldn't afford to remain stuck in the same dilemna without change at some point.

I do feel that she would eventaully have made some kind of peace with Optimus, maybe even forgiving him for what happened in the past. But it is unlikely that she would have ever returned to being the same Elita-1 she once was.

Perhaps there would have come a time when BA was forced to make a choice between the Decepticons and the Autobots where she ended up betraying the Decepticons to save the Autobots.

Something else i've wondered as well is whether Sari might have somehow presented a solution to curing BA later, since she too was techno-organic.

18. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Blackarachnia's character development was pretty much covered during Beast Wars/Beast Machines. I don't mind her fate in Animated being left unanswered. Her life goes on; we just aren't there to eavesdrop on it.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I would have kept her as a villain. I don't think she would ever be able to redeem herself and go back to the way she was before she mutated into a part-organic, part-robotic organism.

20. LadyK

LadyK likes to lurk...

Well, I don't think I'd like to see her have a permanent "redemption". However, to see her acting as a double-agent of sorts might've been cool. There were tons of possibilities for her, if Animated had gone on. I'd have probably liked seeing pretty much anything done with her, as I like Animated Blackarachnia anyway. I may end up changing my mind about her when I've fully caught up on BW, though. *Shrugs*