would you think it would be cool if ...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iwasherenotyou, Nov 28, 2008.

1. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    would you think it would be cool if blaster was in the movie? i think it would be awsome.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think it would be even cooler if the movie contained Transformer characterization and character development.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think it would be even cooler if there were no potty jokes and some better lines.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Agreed.

I was never much of a Blaster fan though. Jazz was way cooler.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's the movie-verse though so if they did have Blaster all he would get is a line or two and then get killed. He'd end up as the Jazz of the movie or something lame like that.

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Blaster inferior.
    Soundwave superior.

7. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

It would be amazing if him and Soundwave had a minion fight.

8. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

ive always hated the idea of blaster for the mere fact that he was an obvoius rip off of soundwave. I know htere are a lot of repaints in transformers but soundwave became really popular and hasbro decided to make an autobot version with minions and everything to cash in on that which sucks.

Too me all it did was take away some of the uniqueness and coolness of soundwave. Before blaster it was all, oh soundwave is real cool, hes a spy and has little robot minions that eject out of his chest, he can even make energon cubes too! but after blaster came along its like oh cool another robot who does the same exact thing as soundwave, i guess soundwave isnt as unique as we thought and he's not so "special" anymore. I feel the same way about all the seeker clones too

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Hasbro did not create him per sa, get right with some history.

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Maybe, aslong as he's not too much like Jazz.
    Yes it would, and more screen time and not so much quick movements in the fights where you can hardly see whats going on.
    Yes it would.
    Good nod to the 80's movie.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They didn't rip-off Soundwave, they just used ANOTHER Takara toy.

12. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which would fly straight over the heads of 99.9% of people going to see RotF - there's no point in them trying to squeeze more nods to TFTM in, IMO.

13. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

I dont really know the toy history, but you guys know what i mean. Hasbro might have just used another takara toy but hasbro is the ones who characterized the guy...

there was a minion fight in the 80s movie? i dont remember that, are you guys talking about the attack on autobot city? which ones did blaster release?

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they couldn't bring a bigger toy that uses cassettes as well and ignore it just to give Soundwave the exclusive rights to that ability.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Blaster is one of the few characters from G1 that I pretend didn't exist. He was like the retarded offspring of Soundwave & Jazz with all the rhyming gheyness of Wheelie. The ketchup & mustard color scheme didn't do him any favors either. They should have just named him Epic Fail and been done with it.

16. samtheman

I never said anything about the 80's movie, all I did was say it would be awesome if that happened.

17. samtheman

Preceptor is in this chair like thing communicating to Cybertron and Moon Base 1 and then Soundwave comes in and breaks the glass and starts beating the crap out of him. I don't remember which minions they each used but it was really tight.

18. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I agree, I think the nods are getting a little repetitive as well, I much prefer Orci and bays creative minds over nods to be honest

19. newguy

newguy i

What if Groove, Headstrong, Hoist, Hook, Hotspot, Hound, Huffer, Inferno, Rat Trap, Jetfire, Kickback, Laserbeak, Long Haul, Menasor, Metroplex, Mirage, Mixmaster, Motormaster, Octane, Omega Supreme, Onslaught, Outback, Perceptor, Pipes, Powerglide, Predaking, Prowl, Ramhorn, Thundercraker, Skywarp, and Ramjet were all in TFROTF. Wouldn't that be cool. Do you guys want me to list anymore TFs or do you get my point?

20. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Thats what I'm saying.

Would I like to eventually see Blaster in the movie? Yes, but there are many other characters that I would like to see first. Like Prowl, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, and most importantly for me Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. I dream that I one day see those characters in these movies.

As much as I would though, I'd rather they develop the Autobots and Decepticons we already have. Give them more than just a few lines a piece. That is first and foremost for me. I'm already worried that the new characters being introduced in this movie will be out of character. Sideswipe being the name of the Corvette, and being included without Sunstreaker is my biggest let down that has been rumored.

Secondly, I think Transformers need to take center stage in this next movie. They are the titled characters. Less shitty toilet humor...like "Are you sure she didn't just fart?", or some family masturbation conversation. More dialog from the warring factions of robots. I understand for the need to have some human interaction, but they should not be the main characters...more like the supporting cast this time around I think. At least I hope that's what we get.

Thats what I think would be cool. I love Blaster, but there are more important issues in my mind.