Would You Take The Risk For A "Day Off"?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Pepsiman98, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

(This thread is more for teenagers who can drive, though I suppose it can be stretched to working adults as well.)
    In the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", A teenager and his two best friends pretend to be sick, borrow his friend's dad's Ferrari, go to Chicago, many shenanigans are had, and they all make it home before any of their parents do. There's a lot more going on in the film and I highly recommend you watch it, but that is not the point of this post. The point of this post is to ask you if you would do it. Would you and your friends pretend to be sick to stay home from school, borrow a car, and go out on the town? Do you even think its even possible to get away with in this day and age? Leave a post and let us know. :thumb 

P.S. This topic is entirely theoretical, so I'm not suggesting that you actually do any of this.

(EDIT: Wow, two Ferris Bueller threads in a week, I'm on a roll. :lol  )

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The only sure thing in this world is that by never risking anything will never achieve anything.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well if I was like Ferris (who could probably charm his way into the White House) and had reality warping powers well fuck yeah I'd do it. But since I'm a normal human being I'll reach for something more realistic. Chuck a sickie, grab a mate and head down the coast for a day.

4. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

done it

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope

Cuz my dad would woop my lily beige ass

See, ferris is middle class white kid. Middle class white parents dont lift a finger on their kids :lol 

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this, my parents were strict and instilled the fear in me good, so good in fact that I went to college 7 hours and was still a goody two shoes because I was still terrified that my parents would find out.

And, as a high school teacher I don't want to encourage any teenagers ditching school

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

As long as you don't facebook your good time, you're good.

8. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

As someone who's learning to drive (well, I passed the theory test, at least), I hate this idea. Not only is it not helping the high insurance premiums, but also, that much driving...what a pain. I don't know, maybe I'm not your average teenager who's about to start driving, but it doesn't seem to appeal to me much. It's just...tiring. Too much stuff on the road. I'd rather just catch the bus and get to sleep for an extra hour, than drive anywhere myself. :( 

Still, that's not to say a chauffeur is out of the question...if only money wasn't so hard to come by... :lol 

9. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I did this with some friends a few years back. I ended up touching John Lennon's car and a Lemur. It was a fun day.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Dude I'm white and middle class, and if I misbehaved my mother would whip me good.

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm way too much of a goodie-goodie to do anything like that, and I hate missing school anyway (it's such a pain to have to catch up what you miss). I'd also be super paranoid about getting caught.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well if they do it enough, they might just be like 22 by the time they're in grade 11, meaning they'll be able to ditch all they want & clear their own absenses.

Seems like a win/win senario.

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No. I'm the type of guy who will only miss school for a field trip.

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I've thought about trying this, but I'm such a nerd that I rarely miss school and try to not to miss more than four or five days a year.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Point of fact last September (2010) my husband went to his store to drop off keys, his store isn't far away from the local high school. On the way home a high school student and her friend were cutting school and ran a stop sign plowing into my husband and my car. Luckily no one was hurt. My car was totaled though. Though older (2002) it was the only car I've ever bought brand new.
    The student's insurance rates are going to skyrocket, she got cited, points on her driving record, got a econd citation for having another minor in her vehicle (in CA if you are a minor or probationary driver you cannot drive another minor unless another adult is in the vehicle) AND I was so dammed pissed I called the school and told them that they had two kids cutting school, so the two of them also got two saturday schools.
    Here's the point, it's not fucking worth it. Karma caught up with them.
    They were lucky... no one was hurt, but what if someone was hurt or worse killed?
    it's just not worth it

16. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

No. My school is pretty harsh on ditching, plus getting past the security stationed all over the school would be hard. They also have cameras every where...Though I am allowed to go off campus during my lunch period, so I could just leave and never come back. But then I'd be sent to the deans the next day to receive my punishment for ditching...

17. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Security? Never heard that before, at least not in these times.

18. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

That's largely the reason I could never do this; I would be so worried about crashing the car that I would probably crash it from an anxiety attack. :lol 
    (And seriously though, don't do it.)

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Kind of hard to skip school when you're homeschooled. So unless I like... run away or something then I'm kind of set.

20. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I used to do this back in school to spend time with my best friend, because she lived almost two hours away and our spring breaks and christmas vacations were never the same.

I rarely missed school due to being sick (I have an amazing immune system), so I would take a a day or two to bridge the gap of our breaks so that we could spend time together. Don't regret any of it for a second.