Would you support a long running Transformers cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by PikaManiac, Feb 13, 2012.

1. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Would you support a long running Transformers cartoon that reboots and mixes everything we know until now?

It would properly remake and mix all existing story line into 1 big consistent canon. It would include the stories in this order:

WFC/FOC
    G1/RID/Unicron Trilogy/Bay/Animated/Prime
    G2
    Beast Wars
    Beast Machines

The series will probably span more than 5 years, or even close to 10 years.

Character models in the cartoon will of course be periodically updated, but will be explained with a proper story (Like Transmetals).

However, they will use the Classics toys for the character models, and make new Classics toys according to the cartoon. I feel that this arrangement will be good for both fans and Hasbro alike; fans from all generations can get their fix of Classics toys, and it is easier for Hasbro to concentrate on 1 toy line and easier to put them on the shelves since there is a tie-in cartoon.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Here's hoping we might get a classic type show for the upcoming anniversary series :)  almost 30 years for TFs :D 

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If such an endeavor winds up as successful as the longest-running TF medium to date (Marvel G1), I'd be all for it. Still, I can't help but be nagged by the risk that it might go stale or become a clusterfuck.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

As much as I would love a long-running TF series, I don't think it would be possible. Like Nachtsider said, there's the risk it could get stale after awhile.

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yeah I would love a classic series. But I don't want CGI and I don't want a style like Animated or Prime. Get the Studio of the Thundercats 2011 show.

6. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

The studios name is Studio 4c and they've already done a TF series, Transformers Animated. And as much as I like their style, I don't think it would work on something like Transformers. It's way too dark and stylized for my taste.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF: Prime is intended to be a long-running show. It rebooted everything, but it's establishing a solid canon that takes the best elements from many different versions of TFs and mixes them together. And yeah, I support it. :D 

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    So, you know Transformers Animated and which other works of them?

You can't generalize on this style. They have done various styles. But in whatever style they do their work, you see in every detail how they love their work and it just makes fun to watch it, because everything is more like art instead of other cartoons which look more like junk.

9. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

With good story writing, it should not get stale; think One Piece, it started from ONE main character, and gradually increased to the current 9 taking more than 600 Manga chapters/500 Anime episodes, spanning more than 10 years and the storyline is only halfway done, and it is still the most popular series in Japan and the Otaku world. Yes, it is THAT good.

With Transformers, the problem would lie more in new fans trying to keep up with the series if something like that would to happen. The Otaku fandom has no issues with reading/watching a few hundred chapters/episodes just to catch up with the current story. I am unsure if the Transformers fandom minds doing that, especially if Hasbro thinks that their main market are children. Although, I do not see the people in-charge of Naruto, One Piece, .etc. giving a damn to what children think, and they are still very successful. Mind you, with Japanese Manga/Anime, you cannot just watch a random episode and hope to understand what is going on; you usually have to sit through a few hundred chapters/episodes of drama to catch up in order to fully enjoy the story.

Besides, with Transformers, the cast can easily change from arc to arc so it would not get stale; think Season 1 and 2, then 1986 movie onwards, then Beast Wars, .etc. Totally different characters.

10. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, provided that said show doesn't suck ass.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hhahahaa, great response.

(no I really mean that. I'd have said pretty much the exact same thing, except possibly substituting the word "assuming" for "providing".)

12. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

I'm already supporting one ongoing media in with the comics, would support another for sure...

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Hmmm, I don't see a mix of every media to date even gelling well. So add me to the "I doubt it will work" camp.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd pretty much support any type of Transformers media. I love the brand and try my hardest to give everything it does a shot. In the past year my interests have extended past just the toys to comics, books, fan podcasts, etc.

15. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather they just make Prime a long-running show. As much as I like the original G1 stuff, I am tired of reboots

16. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I would support a G1/Classics TV show.

Limited human interaction (no kids) maybe one teen.
    Well written and thought out stories and characters.
    Good art style.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As much as I'm always up for a new series that cherrypicks concepts from older ones (and I'm always up for drawing from the less well-known sources), I'd much rather see a show break new ground than a mixed together hodgepodge of TF history.

18. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it combines every continuity like you said, then no. It'll become a confusing clusterfuck.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Me too!:thumb 

Myelf Id rather have Prime be the long running seroes but just in case and/or when Prime's finsihed it's course I have an idea for a series that's in the same vein as Beast Wars but wiht elements of Prime and Animated too. It's basically taking what's best out of those 3 series and make them into onw. The ashtetic for the show can be a cross between the IDW Ongoing desgins and the WFC/FOC style with elements of Prime thrown in.

Autobots (Team Cybertron.)

Optimus Prime: Leader (IDW Ongoing version with Primal's personalty.)

Arcee: Second in Command (Prime and PE Motobot combined with the color Blue.)

Hot Shot :Warrior/Scout (With Rodimus colors.)

Rattrap: Demoltions expert/spy (Bw robot mode with 1920's/30's vehicle mode.)

Rhinox: Stragetic defense/Medic (BW robot mode with hummer alt mode.)

Grimlock: Muscle/Warrior (FOC version

Decepticons (Team Destron)

Megatron; Leader (IDW Shadowblade version with Amrada/BW personalty.)

Starscream: Second in Command (Guido IDW Desgin wiht strong aspects of the Armada verison.)

Soundwave Communications expert (Robot mode like G1 and Prime molded together with commnucations helicopter alt mode.)

Lugnut: Muscle (RTS version)

Flatline: Medic (Movie version)

Barricade: Interogater/Warrior (WFC with Movie police car alt mode)

Shockwave: Scienstest and betrayer to Megatron (WFC with Marvel personatly)

The main humans would be

Jack Darby

Sari Sumdac (Teenager.)

Lennox

Ms Darby

Dr Sumdac

Dr Arkville