Would you see Hasbro do a repaint of...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cyber-Kun, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Seeing the new repaint for Long Haul, what would you think of Hasbro releasing the legends Devastator in a G2 scheme? It would certainly be different, and still have a "real-world" feel (lots of contructions vehicles are yellow) and a more unified colour scheme, as well as something different then Takara while still being a homage.
    What do you think?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Only downside to the idea is 3/7 of Devasatator is yellow already. It'd certainly look cool, though, especially if a decent amount of black was used to contrast with the yellow - for example, Mixmaster and Overload should be black to keep the combined form from being a total yellow toy.

That's the downside of the Takara one in my opinion - too much of one colour.

3. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my problem with it. This isn't like the 4-pack Landfill repaint, where only 1 of the older version's components was yellow.

If we were to really get 2 versions of this set in the US (doubtful, since it seems that it will already be an exclusive in its first release), I think I'd still go for the G1 homage colors. After all, the only one from the normal set that's anything like the G1 Constructicons in color is Long Haul, and he doesn't even have the purple.