Would you remake the transformers ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobot-Skids, May 12, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

G1: Just get rid of some of the animation errors. Otherwise keep it just the way it is.

BW: Make Megatron a more serious threat on the show not a dinosaur on rollerblades with a rubber duckie. Otherwise keep it just the way it is.

BM: Kill off Nightscream. Plain and simple. I hate that guy.

AEC: Take out all the kids and get rid of the "SUPER SUPREME LASER ATTACK" type stuff.

Animated: Get rid of the animation style since it KILLS the show for me. I can't stand the fact that looking at preschool type animation depictions ruins the show which is a real shame because I do like the stories.

All my opinions of course but overall I am glad there is something for everyone to like about Transformers in general.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I notice of lot of posters in this thread didn't appreciate TROOP, all this could have been solved by NOT killing Optimus Prime in the first place! Anyway, good to see some interesting ideas. :D 

3. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    I'd place more G1 looking designs into the movie.

I'd also keep all introduced characters (G1) somehow relevant with more sub-leaders that reported to Supreme Commander Optimus Prime.

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I'm perfectly happy with the notion of killing off beloved TF characters - cruddy as they were, I give Devil's Due's Joe/TF crossovers props for actually having the cajones to kill Bumblebee - it's bringing them back that gets old after a while. It's so much more productive to character development to have the tragedy and see how it's coped with than to have the old standards just keep on going like the Energizer Bunny every week.

5. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

My 2 cents
    Not kill Optimus Prime in the movie. Def not allow Ironhide, Ratchet, Prowl etc to be killed so easily or killed at all. More of Wheeljack! More of Shockwave! Bring Omega Supreme into the movie to battle Devastator. Starscream should have not been killed off. Unicron should have kept Megatron as is. Galvatron is a bit of a dud but I dont mind him. Other than the movie let Robert Stack continue to do Ultra Magnus voice. He did a damn good job and never sounded quite right to me in the cartoon.
    2007 movie
    The part where Megaton wakes up I can do without the "I am Megatron" part that was just ******ed. When Bumblebee got cracked by Starscream why did'nt the others transform? You see Jazz sitting there it is lame. Seems to me Blackout was a bit stronger during the beginning scene at the end he was in need of a recharge. The whole "one shall stand one shall fall" was ill placed and did not work like it did in the G1 movie.
    There are other things but I am out of time, cheers

6. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I wouldn't change a bit of it.

I don't mind a reboot of continuity every once in a while though....

7. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I love every single you mentioned here. I like Unicron's head being totally dead, but for some reason I keep thinking of the Decepticons making it their base so they can still use a partially alive part of his brain to upgrade more Decepticons.

I would have really liked it if Season 3 stayed in space and left Earth behind, along with Spike, Carly and especially Daniel.

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm pretty content with the Move-verse as it is, but if I had the power, I would definately create a much darker and serioues Transformers series mixing Megatron's Origins, War Within, G1 and Movie-verse.

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    My change would be slightly conflicting. I love the War Within but I prefer the Dinobots being built on earth, but then that takes half the awesomeness out of War Within...*headache*

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Rewriting time? Okay!

G1: I'd throw the whole fucking thing out but I would keep some highlights for those little, Easter eggs. Basically, I'd start from scratch but the following is what I would change/keep.
    • First and foremost, though it probably wouldn't work, I'd tell Hasbro to fuck off and let good storytelling do the deed. Continuity would reigneth supreme.
    • I would keep the Transformers in stasis lock for 4 million years part though I'd use a better way of waking the Autobots up rather than Starscream being a dumb twat.
    • It would truly be robots in disguise and they would hide amongst the humans -- both Autobots and Decepticons. I'd get rid of those forking awful colors on the jets. Basically, have them all look alike and look like real jets where humans could honestly mistake them for the real deal without looking ******ed. I would also get rid of exterior symbols or little details that really ruin the whole robots in disguise bit like flames or excessive stars.
    • Battles would be done in secret and if humans became aware of something going on, they would cease to fight another day. Reason? They really don't want to be hindered by human military interference. This would mean that orbital bouncing is a must to get in and out quickly.
    • I'd keep all of the alternate modes except for Mirage. I mean really, what good is a racing car alt mode even if there's a driver? It would look awfully funny to see him going down the street of your average city. He would only really look right at a race track. I'd keep the character of Mirage but would use the Tracks' mold instead. Still a classy car but it wouldn't look so out of place on a city street.
    • No minibots. Keep the characters? Yes, but different toys are a must. I'd probably use Trailbreaker's mold for Brawn, Prime's mold for Huffer, and I'm not sure about the rest yet.
    • Proper size and proportion but would keep mass shifting for Soundwave, Megatron, Perceptor, and Reflector. This means Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Astrotrain, and Powerglide would be huge.
    • I'd keep the cast of characters really small. Sorta like Beast Wars so that everyone gets a chance to get character development. Starting Autobots for me would be Prime, Ratchet, Prowl, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, and Mirage. I'd later introduce Ironhide, Skids, Hound, Brawn, Huffer, the Twins, and Omega Supreme. For the Decepticons, the original line-up since there weren't that many to begin with anyway. I'd later introduce the Constructicons as yellow and black construction vehicles, Astrotrain, and Shockwave.
    • Devastator would be truly devastating and something to truly fear.
    • If the series took off, I'd think about introducing other characters.
    • Dinobots, I'm not so sure about, if they were in there at all, it would be as a rogue group like Animated and the Marvel Comics. Only they wouldn't be stupid and I'd probably use the Marvel comics origin.
    • Megatron would be a badass. First, his gun mode would require a serious upgrade. It would be able to shrink, fly, and fire on its own while having enormous firepower. Shots would be limited but he would still be extremely effective. Plus, since he's a gun and the story takes place in the US, he could easily infiltrate gun collectors' homes particularly if they're high-ranking military officials. He would be very smart and have valid reasons for wanting to conquer everything. In other words, he would be a truly, credible, serious threat.
    • Starscream would also be extremely intelligent and not so brazen as to directly challenge Megatron without layers of back-up plans. He would also be portrayed as a very capable leader.
    • A valid reason for there being female Transformers.
    • Show what happened on Cybertron during those 4 million years the Earth stranded Autobots and Decepticons were in stasis.
    • No Head/Target/Power/Micro/Brain/whatever masters and no Pretenders.
    • Humans would still play a role but I would keep it to Spike, Carly, Chip, and Sparkplug. And have Carly be Chip's equal in intellect. Chip and Sparkplug also wouldn't mysteriously disappear. Daniel...maybe later.

I think that's about it for now.

11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

This whole idea comes off as Transformers meets Heroes. It's like the prime time (no pun intended) version of Transformers. Some of it I'm not sure I like, especially the Carly being Chip's equal in intellect. Does Spike need to be overshadowed by his best friend and his girlfriend? The guy's already a loser, but that makes it even worse. All in all, though, that sounds pretty cool.

12. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    Spike's a loser? The guy who bagged a hot chick because he hangs out with giant robots, heroically fights evil robots on a battlefield, can repair robots, later becomes an ambassador, marries said hot chick, and eventually becomes a headmaster of the biggest Transformer ever, and the fact that he built that TF? I mean granted he had Daniel, brought Soundwave into the Autobot's base, and had trouble handling medieval armor, but all in all, I wouldn't call Spike a loser. I'd consider him more of a flawed hero.

I don't see why Carly can't be Chip's intellectual equal and still be interested in Spike. I mean she did say in the cartoon that she had a scholarship or degree or something from MIT, the school where geniuses go. She didn't show much of that afterwards, but then again, the writing sucked for the show.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No, I wouldn't call Spike a loser either, but certainly in his teenage years, he's already overshadowed by both Carly and Chip. At that point, Spike's a monkey wrench; Chip's the boy genius computer programmer, and Carly's MIT-educated too and knows her engineering. Obviously in the ensuing 20-odd years, Spike picked up a few tricks...

14. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    I don't know if I'd say Spike is overshadowed by Chip and Carly either. Spike was seen doing the most stuff out of the three (mainly because he was around the longest) and while he didn't have a genius intellect, he wasn't stupid either. Made mistakes, yes, but not stupid.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed except what "beloved TF characters" do you consider cruddy? Seems like a contradiction. Anyway, killing Optimus Prime was a mistake and even Hasbro found that out the hard way. It took Takara a little longer to understand. Many beloved TFs died in the Movie so killing Optimus Prime was un-needed at that point and way over the top. Also what lesson was learned showing that the Autobot who got him killed was later made leader? That was totally pointless IMHO. Rodimus Prime was much less effective with the guilt he carried. Anyway, Ipod Conoy/Optimus Prime is by my notebook these days, not Ipod Rodimus. :lol 

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Spike is definitely not a loser and certainly not overshadowed by either his friend or especially Carly. Carly was really whiny and I didn't really like her character in Transformers. She was always doing incredibly stupid things so I don't think she was that intelligent. Carly lucked out by getting Spike since she would definitely get on my nerves after five minutes. Chip was intelligent but someone who I think would be boring to hang out with. Spike on the other hand was pretty open about his thoughts, able to think quickly under pressure, and was a pretty down to Earth kind of guy considering the situation he was in. He was involved and fought in a war of giant robots and survived. That is impressive in and of itself. Spike also reacted in ways that I think a lot of people would have in a lot of situations and was far more honest than many more. Overall he was a great character and as long as tapedecks aren't around pretty much did an excellent job of befriending the Autobots.

17. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I would have scrapped the whole thing and more closely followed the comic storyline.. maybe skipped the timewars saga to keep things from getting too confusing..

Would have just liked to see the cartoon more in fitting with the comics

18. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    If I ever become insanely wealthy, this is one of the ideas I want to realise, G1 UK Marvel comic stories in cartoon form (we can all dream!).

19. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

"Cruddy" was in reference to the Joe/TF crossovers. Read the post again.

Precisely why I would go back and remake Season 3; Optimus' death would be the factor that ups the ante, and in terms of Rodimus' guilt, he should take a cue from Peter Parker.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    What, become a smart arse emo in a gimp suit?