Would you remake the transformers ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobot-Skids, May 12, 2008.

1. Autobot-Skids

Autobot-Skids TransformersStarWarsNerd

Would you like change the series (any of them) In any way ?

I would defiantly change the Transformers movie (G1) and G1 season 3

2. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I definitely would not kill Prime and some of the other G1 characters in the movie. I perhaps would have killed Hot Rod.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking the other day when I saw the preview for the new Star Wars series CLONE WARS. The animation is intriguing and part of me would like to see all 6 star wars movie re-done in cartooni CGI with the original story and soundtrack in some way.

In a similar way, I wouldn't mind seeing G1 redone in a similar way. Use the original voice tracks and plots but all new animation. Even if it was directly to DVD or something. I think we will begin seeing old movies and shows redone in CGI as it becomes easier and less intensive.

Other than that... I am ok with things as they are. I am not a fan of updating things like Indiana Jones, but I am into taking something and making a new movie or something.

4. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

If I had my way, I'd go back to the post-movie G1 'toon and maintain the slightly more mature and somewhat twisted tone of the film:

* Optimus STAYS DEAD.
    * Starscream would probably still come back in some sort of "ghost" form, but he'd be a much more serious threat who comes to realize just how powerful he is now that he's "dead" - less "Ghostbusters" and more "Poltergeist", if you take my meaning.
    * Unicron's head would not be "alive" or functioning in any way...just a ghoulish orbiting memorial that starts rotting and decaying into a big ol' skull.
    * The Unicron-reformatted Decepticons would remain super-powerful, start "experimenting" on other Decepticons to make them the same, and Galvatron would REMAIN total Nimoy-voiced ice rather than degenerate into bat-sh**-insane Welker-cackle with a serious hatred for that Autobot upstart who threw him out into space, speaking of whom...
    * Rodimus would stop whining after about one episode where the Sweeps rip the rest of our heroes to pieces out of revenge and become a bad@$$ as a result, realizing that he needs to be a totally different type of commander than Optimus was.
    * Arcee would be portrayed the way her Marvel Tech Spec bio describes her. Also, Wheelie would lose his voice in the retaliatory attack that opens "my" Season 3, turning him into a vicious little bugger. And Daniel is kept far away from the proceedings by his mother for his own protection.
    * Grimlock would still experience a mental surge and create the Technobots, but instead of leaving him totally stupid again, he becomes more the savvy warrior of the comics, which causes him to become a truly dangerous loose cannon who begins to alienate the rest of the Dinobots and comes into conflict with Rodimus on multiple occasions.

Yeah, I know, I'm twisted like a pretzel.

5. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More combiners, and more city bots. Scramble City was awesome, too much wasted potential unfortunately. I'd have more Scramble City over Head/Target/Power/Brain/whatever masters anyday.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    *More Dinobots

*No Rodimus Prime

*Megatron still as himshelf

*Starscream should be reborn like Optimus Prime

*More Predacons

*Other Autobots from s1 and s2 also should be reborn

*More Animal-like Transformers

*Shockwave should come back to defeat Hot Rod

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow! My thoughts exactly! :lol  In my version, Hot Rod would jump in front of Optimus Prime and take the shots from Megatron. Optimus would then avenge HR by killing Megatron. Unicron would make a new leader out of Starscream. :lol  Optimus Prime takes out Unicron. Later Rachet, Wheeljack and the Junkions would find a way to repair Hot Rod. (Optimus Prime was smart enough to invite the Junkions to Earth to help fix the fallen Autobots). Movie ends on a feel good note. Hasbro makes millions selling "repaired" Season 1 Autobots. Later, during FFOD, Wheelie dies when Quintessa explodes. Optimus Prime defends the Ark (with Superion, Defensor and Omega Supreme) against Trypticon (battle takes most of the episode) and rebuilts Autobot City, uses the resulting energy to build Metroplex to battle Trypticon. Season 4 still ends after a few episodes (no Nebulans) but Optimus Prime makes peace with the Decepticons in a new Golden Age. (Leader Starscream doesn't want to fight anymore)

P.S. Uncron doesn't get created by a Monkey
    Optimus Prime proves that Primus not the Quintessons is the Creator.
    The Dinobots are never used for comic releif.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  8. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

That's perfect.

9. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

*Starscream would have gotten to lead for a short time.

*Megatron and Galvatron would be 2 seperate characters

*More season 1 & 2 characters would have primary roles within the season 3 cast. Forexample I would have Jazz, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and others be the main team on Autobot City and Fortress Maximus with Ultra Magnus as the City Commander. While Rodimus, Kup and the others take care of things on Cybertron. Primarily I'd have a certain characters based on Earth and others based on Cybertron to take care of situations on each planet. Of coarse there would be visits back and forth between each sometimes.

*Skywarp would have survived

*More of Soundwave

*More Bumblebee. He becomes great friends with Wheelie & Daniel. :p 

*More of Hot Rod (Not sure where I am on the Optimus thing though. I think his death added a sense of dramatic reality to the story.)

*Cyclonus becomes official leader of the Decepticons for a couple episodes in Galvatron's absence.

*Would have continued season 4 after the events of the Rebirth and continued with Starscream returning to manipulate and lead a small nebulon faction. Another story arc I'd do here if Galvatron was made exactly like the movie made him (Megatron=Galvatron via Unicron), is that I'd have him gain more crazy spells/head aches where he begins to recover his memories as Megatron. He then seeks out the remnant head of Unicron to regain what was lost and ultimately becomes Megatron again, quite possibly with his War Within alt mode.

*Starscream gets the combaticons back in his faction and pushes for leadership of the Decepticons. He uses the Quintessons as pawns to achieve this.

*Introduce the Powermasters with good backstory.

*Via the Powermaster story arc, THEN have Optimus Prime return as Powermaster Optimus Prime with Hot Rod turning over leadership of the Targetmasters to someone else like Kup as he becomes 1st Leiutenant in command. Jazz and Ultra Magnus are the other top Lieutenants.

*Lots of Fortress Maximus + Metroplex vs Scorponok vs Trypticon battles. Spike deals with his powerful role and responsibility of being linked to such an awesome force like Fortress Maximus.

*Arcee gets an accurate toy

*In all seasons/episodes, I would have maintaned better quality control to ensure that all continuity is the consistant, fluent, and that the animation maintained a consistant high quality as well.

In Beast Wars, I would have made it animated and cut out all the silliness in it. rhino farts, rubber duckies, and sky whistles when a bee gets blasted have no place in Transformers IMHO. I also would have had less creapy crawlers/bugs for Predicons and made more mammals/amphibeons on that side. An aligator character would have went well with the Predicons. I also would have explained how they took the name away from the original Predacons, and given them some kind of association with the Predaking predacons.

Beast Machines I would have made the designs much more attractive than the were.

In both I would have used more mechs styled beast modes, as they are robots after all.

In RiD I would have made it less silly as well. No anime sweaty face on Transformers, or Skybite flipping out like a little girl. I would have also made a link to the BW/BM Predicons, and the original Decepticons/Autobots with good backstory to that and why the cast are so mixed with what they are called.

Armada, I would have axed the kids. I would also have made more of an attempt to keep the RiD cast in tact.

Energon, I would have gotten a better animation studio. Such possibilities as the animators who created Zoids, Gundam Seed, Justice League Unlimited, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Same goes for Armada & Cybertron.

Cybertron = NO STUPID STERIOTYPED ACCENTS.

In all A/E/C, I would have found better voice actors, especially for Optimus Prime. Peter Cullen and Neil Kaplan are the top 2 preferences for the role. Perhaps this is more on the director, and if that's the case, I would have had Susan Blu voice direct with McConnohie as co-director.

*AND IN ALL OF THE ABOVE: I would have kept the classic transforming sound effect!

In animated, I would have insisted it at least got the treatment and animation style that Ben 10 got and still gets with it's newer version set in Ben Tennison's teenage years. Though first choice of studio would as I mentioned above, the animators of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003), Justice League, or Fantastic Four (2006/2006). If this became a problem, Transformers would then return to Fox Kids on saturday mornings. Transformers is a mutli-billion dollar franchise. Any one would love the oppurtunity be associated and make some money off of Hasbro's brand. Hasbro really should know they hold a powerful position with it's liscense and the popularity of Transformers as it's been for the last 24 years. It's imbedded with pop culture at this point.

10. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    G1 and TFTM '87: I would have not killed Optimus Prime, instead... Prime would have killed Hotrod! Overall, he did say that Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost. I would also have Nimoy play Galvatron after the movie until it ends. Wheelie would have had the entire "annoyance" level, deducted to give fans a more enjoyable view of the series, I also would had MORE Soundwave.

Beast Wars: I honestly don't know what I'd change, except for some of the goof-offs.

Beast Machines: Oh boy, where do I start? Pretty much the way it's written, overhaul the entire plot to have it more sensible. Change over some of the designs/animation so that they TRANSFORM instead of MORPH! Make it more reminisent to Beast Wars rather than attempt to deviate from it and try to make up some piece of crap that pales in comparison to the prequel series.

RID: Probably give it more action, target it towards a slightly more matured audience. And most of all, get more talented voice actors/actresses. But seriously, this shows cries for not having Starscream and Soundwave in it. That would have made series 20 times better.

Armada: I would probably have waited to launch the series rather rush the entire production of the show. Which would overall have improved the writing and fixed many of those plagued animation errors. And MOST of all, have the kids ditched. Or if I was to have them in there, have Megatron step on them within the first few episodes.

Energon: Spend a much larger budget on better CGI models, improve the storyline by once again WAITING to launch the show. Infact I'd put in more plot twisters to spice it up a knotch. Hire more pro voice actors, and best of all.... either clean up Kicker's act or kick him out of the cast all together.

Cybertron: There's isn't much here I'd change, except put in more hardcore Cons like Demolisher, Cyclonus, Tidal Wave, the works. Slightly deduct the number of key-activated cutscenes, and deduct the number of unnecessary accents for the characters. I'm looking at you Mudflap. I would have probably given Soundwave a G1-like voice rather than that goofy DJ voice. Though Soundwave was a DJ anyways.

Movie '07: I loved this movie seriously, but my biggest problem are some of the plotholes and the damn comedy. I would have reduced some of the comedy, since it wasen't necessary considering this is a LIVE-ACTION movie not a LIVE-COMEDY STANDUP! I would have also made Prime more of a strategist and a commander with a sterner approash to the battlefield rather than a bumbling bafoon of a leader. I mean seriously, he was more bafoony than Cyclonus from Armada! I would also made the Bots and Cons battle in the desert where it would have made more sense, since battling in a city with civilians isn't such a bright idea. I wonder if Prime agreed with THAT strategy too? And finally, I would have selected a few voice actors from the previous shows to play TF roles, such as Garry Chalk, Neil Kaplan, Frank Welker, Scot McNeil, etc. :D 

Animated: Aside from Bumblebee and some occasional goof-offs, I'd like to see slightly more hardcore Autobots. The Decepticons have a definate edge in this show.

11. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

no it is great as it is

12. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

Optimus Prime.... surivives the battle with Megatron...barely, but survive!

Unicron still upgrades Megatron into Galvatron.

Galvatron still kills Starscream...who still returns as a ghost!

Galvatron still Steal the Matrix!!!

Optimus defeats Galvatron inside Unicrons belly!

Optimus uses the Matirx...destroys Unicron....and Unicron stays dead!

Ultra Magnus Could handle it now!

I'd have tried to work in ALL of the Dinobots... and had Maybe Superion Slug it out
    with Devastator!

Never used Wheelie!

13. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Oh boy... Don't even get me started on the live action movie. The question there is, what wouldn't I change? :p 

I actually just saw that last night and there were quite a number of things that struck me with a "WTF?" kind of reaction.

As for Optimus, good point about the bumbling. I also found it out of character at how angry and imposing he was towards those humans and how he ripped that SUV in half. Considering how, for the sake of honor and his phylosophy of freedom for sentient beings, Optimus was ready to leave earth at the wishes of Earth's governments when his Earth friends thought he was guilty in "Megatron's Masterplan." I found that to be out of Optimus Prime's character.

14. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

short but sweet. Rewrite G1 using petenorths fic. Yeah, it's that good :) 

15. Crystine

Crystine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I would.

16. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

What I would've changed is the direction they took for the third season. Optimus would still be around in a retired capacity and being Rodimus' mentor and once in a while being called in to help.

Starscream would still be dead.

And most importanly inject a sense of fun into it with no drawn out melodrama angst.
    I don't like my shows to be serious at all.

17. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I would stick with the overall template of G1, but definitely make some updates. The biggest one being to make it FAR more adult oriented - G1 design style done in a believable real world way, many many many human casualties that would even include some full-on murder/executions at the hands of the Decepticons, and the aversion to face to face fire fights since they would include A) characters that actually hit what they aim for, and B) characters that actually die when they're hit. Just like what happens in any battlefield situation.

Other changes I would make:

- No mass shifting whatsoever, which means every bot would be proper size in relation to whatever their alt mode is. This also means I'd do away with "gadgetformers" like Megatron, Soundwave, Perceptor, Reflector, etc. and give them some sort of appropriate vehicle upgrades.

- No spacebridges. Everyone who's trapped on Earth is exactly that: trapped. No more overnight jaunts to Cybertron via Omega Supreme.

- Megatron & Galvatron would be two distinctly different characters. I'd probably have Galvatron end up being some sort of successor to Megatron back on Cybertron while Megs & co. have been stuck on Earth. Maybe apart of some rogue Con group along with Cyclonus, Scourge, etc. split apart from Shockwave and the core Cons he has taken command of in Megatron's absence. And he (Galvatron) would be killed off the moment Megatron came back home.

- There would be no Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime. It would be one character simply called Rodimus who starts off witha Hot Rod-ish attitude (and maybe with Hot Rod being a nickname of sorts) who eventually matures into a character more akin to Rodimus Prime... likely through a series of unfortunate events.

- Any characters I find too ridiculously unbelievable for Earth such as Metroplex, Astrotrain, Trypticon, Cosmos, etc. and/or are too "futuristic" ala Season 3 such as Kup, Blurr, Springer, Technobots, etc. would all be based on Cybertron and never appear in any Earth story arcs.

- Cybertron would have its own equally important story. This is where guys like Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, Skyfire, the Wreckers, etc. would be running the show while most of the other original Season 1/2 characters have been stuck on Earth. That also means everyone on Cybertron would be in their War Within designs.

- If I stuck with the template of G1, there would still be a battle for Autobot City (which would be just that: a city - NOT a giant robot), but there would be an entirely different kind of body count. Prime would be gravely injured, but not killed. Ironhide, Brawn, Wheeljack, Starscream, etc. would all live, but in their place I'd happily sacrifice guys like Warpath, Huffer, Smokescreen, Octane, maybe a couple of Soundwave's minions, Hoist, Blaster, the Stunticons, etc.

- The concept of ANY character having a ghost would never be considered.

- I'd make Spike a lot more grown up with a much more in depth backstory. That would also extend to the other key humans ala Carly, Chip & Sparkplug. But no Daniel. Probably because I'd eventually have Carly killed off to add to some Spike drama.

- Groups like the Stunticons, Protectabots & Aerialbots would NOT be combiners, and groups like Seacons & Terrorcons would never exist. I'd probably keep the Combaticons & Technobots as combiners, but they'd be back on Cybertron. Devastator would be the sole combiner on Earth, and each Constructicon would be about 3-4 times the size of someone like Megatron.

- Arcee and any other female character would never exist.

- I'd probably keep the Unicron story arc, but there would never be any reformatting of nearly dead Cons. He would come, be a threat, start a fight & ultimately be defeated. Still epic, but nice & simple.

- No Quintessons.

- No Head/Target/Powermasters. I'd keep the characters (except for Weirdwolf) intact, but there would never be any sort of "master" upgrade made to them.

- No Pretenders.

- Mr. Popularity Bludgeon would make an appearance and be killed off within seconds of doing so. I hate that character and have never understood the hype he's gotten from the fandom.

- Any beast characters that I couldn't recreate as vehicles instead simply wouldn't exist: Seacons, Sparkabots, Insecticons. The only acceptions I'd make would be guys like Dinobots, Ravage, Laserbeak, maybe the Predacons, etc.

- I'd probably do away with the whole Matrix thing. It just reaks too much of The Force and other mythical nonsense imo.

I'm sure there are a few other things, but those are the main ones that have always jumped to mind when thinking about how I'd change G1 if I ever had the chance. Basically gear it more towards teens & young adults as opposed to children.

18. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, this is pretty sick stuff for a kid's show. I can't see any enjoyment out of an episode consisting of human executions, murder and instead of the corny wild west shootouts, violent terrorist bombings. I am glad that they didn't do anything even close to any of your suggestions and never will.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd totally redo the '86 movie, just to include the characters we saw in the second season that never made it into the picture... my brother really wanted to see the other combiners in the film, not just Devastator, as they were included in IDW's 20th anniversary comic adaptation of the movie.

Aside from that, I really don't know what to change in other TF series and whatnot.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There are a few things I'd change.

G1:

-I don't mind the Dinos being a LITTLE comedy relief, but the drastic change from 'virtually unstoppable' to 'mentally retarded' from Seasons 2 and 3 sucked ass.

-Optimus wouldn't have returned. I've said it before, but it would have been nice to see Optimus more as an avatar inside the Matrix for Hot Rod to consult. That way Optimus still would have been involved in Season 3 without being alive. Plus it would have been a nice tie-in for the movie when he spoke to usher in Hot Rod's transformation to Rodimus.

-No Call of the Primitives.

-Better explanations for new characters showing up.

BW:

Better introductions at the beginning. It was decent, but I still roll my eyes at the re-naming sequence.

Armada/ Energon/ Cybertron/ Animated:

Don't care enough about the series to want anything changed.

All in all I realize everything above can be excused by budget restrictions or the fact it's just a kid's show. They're just a few things I wish were different.