would you pay 30$ for it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by f-primusunicron, Jun 6, 2014.

1. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    basically here in my country,and from what i can tell in any other country other than the USA, those simplified aoe toys, are just insanely expensive

the power attackers, that are not even deluxe sized(or basically small deluxes) cost, 30$, the one steps which are scouts cost 25 (the price of the deluxes of dotm)
    and the flip and change optimus and that grimlock(dont rememeber the GIMMICK name) like 55

it is really driving me nuts, to see you, get a FULL voyager for just 25 bucks, and so
    and here(though not in all latin american countries but most) we will ONLY get the NON-generations tf4 line

2. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl TFW2005 Supporter

That sucks man. Over here the retail prices are only slighter higher than in the states. The new $25 voyagers cost around $28 here, which isn't too bad considering how high the prices get in other countries.

And no, I wouldn't pay $30 for those simplified toys.

3. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember a similar thread not long ago. I wish I could remember the title so I could link it and verify whether the OP also originated that one.

I understand if you're just venting, but it's not like you don't have any options. For starters, if you're able to collect more than 60 TFs, you're doing pretty good for yourself (or your parents are) in Colombia... hell, in Latin America. You chose this HOBBY knowing that they are not manufactured near you. I chose to buy TT MPs and accepted the shipping costs attached to each figure and that people in Asia pay less than me for the same product (actually, that thought hardly crossed my mind). Lastly, you post a lot in here. How about you ask someone to help you acquire figures in the US and ship them in bulk?

4. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    This is what you want to do right here. Find a trustworthy board member in the states, have him buy a bulk of figures, and ship them to you. You'll save a ton compared to buying them retail in your area.

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Or order them from an online shop that ships internationally...

6. f-primusunicron

News Credits:
    well, the last what? 15 figures i have bought where imported from there(us)
    as well as one from japan, but you know how much the shipping is for a single figure? 35 at best
    or maybe 20 but no tracking and they will gete here 4 months later. and that is just the shipping
    and all i see is people there complaining that in their nearest target there are not the single figure they want, and so on, and have hear enought people, and well, i dont think i am the ONLY fan in my country, have you seen the lastest transformers colombia facebook fan page toy reveals, yeah, that group is like 200 people, and they get the images first than everyone else but thats it, just images
    i know that if ONLY a single state in your country dont get the GENERATIONS figures all of you all over the country would just explode, and then you still whine about a figure that is just 2 dollars more than the retail price(15) you go nuts, you think i havent seen more than 100 comments, and posts about how EXPENSIVE they are now, and smaller and so on?
    im just commenting about what happens to the franchise, toys and so in other countries
    on the other side, jolt and revenge optimus lost age advanced series(dotm jolt and hftd battle blades optimus respectively) dont seem too expensive
    and i was just saying that it is insane how much we pay for such crappy toys thats it, and yes, before somebody asks, you should, appreciate more what you have
    you people think we are THIRD WORLD people, when we are more advanced that just a tribe of ignorants

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

seems like this is something you (not you specifically, but your countrymen) need to take it up to your government. we from the outside understand your frustration but can't really help you much beside having some one buy/ship bulk to you. and it's only human nature to whine about conditions that apply to ourselves; when i spend money on food, i don't concern myself about starving african children, when i buy transformers i don't concern myself about insane pricing in other countries. for your original rant/rhetoric, no i wouldn't pay $30 for those, i'd consider taking them if they pay me $5 to take it off their hands tho.

8. Aeronnz

Aeronnz Back in action!

Yeah, you sound like you're venting. Also, I refuse to believe it costs twenty dollars for shipping for one deluxe to where you live. If you happened to buy a large lot at once, I'm positive you could save on shipping costs overall. Also, if that isn't an option, you can always move to a country with better prices if it angers you so much.

9. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i think $20 for shipping with tracking # is probably reasonable, as for moving to other country, it's pretty much pipe dream for people who weren't born in north america or europe and don't have a small fortune to buy their way in, heck he can't even move to mexico considering how tight mexico controls its southern border. in china, you can't even move to different province/city without government permission (well you physically can, but you and your children can't get any social benefits if you're not registered resident of that city)

10. f-primusunicron

News Credits:
    dude, just do the research and see by yourself the shipping costs to colombia, venezuela, ecuador and so on
    and what you people could do is just not repeat the same complain every single time, i mean, really, movie, rotf, dotm, aoe, prime first edition, rid, beast hunterseven with generations toys, classics, and so, i always hear the same, (o god why they are so expensive, i will way till they are half the price to expend my money) this rid bulkhead is not worth the 25 bucks i paid for it, airachnid sux, i would have waited for it to be on discound,..........yada yada yada
    really? people, you are the ones that get the BEST PRICES AT RETAIL STORES, and then you get, bonus packs, discounts, special day discounts, promotions buy one get another, except the takara versions you get all the waves, almost all the toys, and months before many other countries, while some are stuck with the crap the simplified line, the shampoo bottles and so, only and i mean, ONLY with the first edition we were ahead of you, but not even that, (whe didnt get the second wave)
    and now, in my country they expect kids and collectors buy a shitty quick draw hound at 30 dollars, that crpa is tiny, no articulation, or TRANSFORMATION whatsoever, and costs more than a dotm deluxe, which one can still get in some places...for 25
    and then is again the shipping costs
    so, people, pls, i beg you, the same way you feel angry or disgusted or whatever because of threads like this, WE do, everytime one of you complain about a figure for things so small, so insignificant that is almost ....ugh

11. f-primusunicron

News Credits:
    i read the coment, and well, is not like we can just say, omg im going to move to another country, because of the drug dealers we are struck with so many regulations and things we have no other options, except, another country with same problems or worst

12. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My simple solution is to stop buying, period.

13. f-primusunicron

News Credits:
    i ask you, can you stop buying TRANSFORMERS forever? just answer yes or no

14. SuperGiantThing

SuperGiantThing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand why you're mad, but you're not getting anything out of it by doing what you say is annoying, complaining. I'm sure somebody would help you with shipping in bulk :)  if there is a will there is a way

15. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dude, did you or did you not start a similar thread just like this one about 1-2 months ago? It was the same bait and switch. First the venting about the prices in Colombia and then it turns out it was just a valuable lesson about appreciating what you have for us in the US. If you write English this well is probably because you spent some time in the US. Probably here in Miami, where a lot of Colombians are (I'm married to one of them). So you either made friends here or have family here. If you do, they probably travel back home once in a while (free shipping!).
    And stop projecting onto us. No one mentioned anything negative about Colombia. When I mentioned that if you can afford 60+ TFs you're probably better off than most of Latin America, it's not an insult. You're probably better off than most people in the world! So that makes you one of us: a whining collector.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a thread along these line but it was with regards to high prices charged by Toys R Us Malaysia for Masterpiece Grimlock.

I'm not sure if this TC is trolling or venting but I understand where he's coming from. Heck, I collect mutiple toy lines and lately the price increases don't justify the quality of materials used. For example, ROTF Leader Class Optimus was around the same price as AOE Leader Class Grimlock but the former is bigger and seems to be made of higher quality materials?

17. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yes I can, when I am pissed with the company that makes them, tries to rip me off, they can forget it.

I've got much cash which I spend elsewhere like electric guitar/amps and radio controlled jets and helicopters and they don't cost as much as my entire TF collection.

There're many things in hobby to do and Transformers is not the be-all-end-all thing. One has to be pathetic to think TF is the only thing they need.

Most importantly, I refuse to let companies like Hasbro stiff me.

18. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    *reads thread*
    *smiles slightly at the general replies*
    *sits back and waits for yet another 'omg TRU US put the price of a Deluxe up by $2' thread*
    *goes back and reads previous threads of this type, where the general reaction to non-US members posting their prices is 'get out the thread and let us vent'*

Deluxes are the equivalent of US$24 here. Not much I can do about it. I buy less, import more, look at alternative things to spend cash on. I get more toy for my cash that way. Its a hobby. If I want to save money or do something cheap, I would take up origami.

19. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have shipped from the US to Argentina, Brazil, and Ecuador. $20 is on the low end. And then it takes a month and a half.

20. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *Looks at thread title. Prepares response. Realises this isn't that forum. Avoids banning*