Customs: Would You Listen to an All-Girl Transformers Podcast?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MiraiBaby, Nov 21, 2011.

1. MiraiBaby

MiraiBaby Til All Are Gone

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    (If this is in the entirely wrong place, I apologize. I figured since it's creative, it could be placed here ...?)

So, I have a question.
    7. No Website Advertising
    Any posts or threads to promote a website or store, Transformers related or not, will be removed. You may place a link in your signature. The more you contribute to threads, the more exposure your site will get.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guys that do Transformers Podcasts, but sometimes I'd like to hear the chick population in this male-dominated nerd world we all live in.

So, here's my question. Answer both, if you please, because we are curious as to what we'd cover in our possible Podcast!

1) Who would listen to a weekly-ish all-girl Transformers podcast?
    2) Who would listen to a weekly-ish Transformers-themed costume Podcast?

We would like to start a Podcast with a buncha chicks, but we don't really want to make it a news-like Podcast or whatnot since that's been done before.

At least, we wouldn't center around news.

What do you think we could chat about in a 30 minute episode span?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

While I don't listen to podcasts too often, I'd probably check it out if it were made. I don't really see any problem with a cosplaying themed podcast (my one attempt at TF cosplaying kinda failed miserably though).

As for the whole all-girl thing...honestly if you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have noticed (I'm the type of person who listens more to the content of a show than the person selected to narrate/host/whatever). Even now, I don't think I'd really care who was giving their opinion. Long as they're insightful, opinionated and not monotonous, I'd probably listen to it.

As for what to chat about, I'd probably be turned off if it were focused on only steretypical things. It's all well and good to have say five minutes of people lusting over Starscream or whatever, as I can take that as a bit of humour if its sporadic. Key word being sporadic. I guess I would say I'd be more interested if the show did something creative, rather than just follow the stereotypes already flourishing.

[/2cents]

Edit: here was my attempt for a school fundraiser, didn't really turn out that well: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/426163-gearbox-my-first-tf-costume.html

3. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

i'd check it out, i'd also love to be in one XD

4. MiraiBaby

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We'd love to see your attempt! :eek:  All attempts are good, as long as you giveit your best shot.
    (LOL I sound retarded.)

As I figured. People listen to Podcasts because they're interesting, catching, and funny, and usually tend to listen to them over others because of the content they offer. We'd be looking at offering costume content as well as general Transformers stuff, depending on what we talk about during the week. We're still experimenting about different topic ideas.

A few of us would likely swoon over certain characters, but that wouldn't be all the show was about, for sure. We are actually aiming on pulling the general female look /away/ from te typical stereotype of an insane fangirl. We're actually aiming on showing that the chicks know what they're doing too LOL.

5. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

A good podcast is a good podcast. Simple as that in my opinion

6. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

yeah:thumbs2: ...girls deserve as much as a following as us dudes.. besides girls that dig tranformers IMO are HOT..do ur thing...

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

If I actually listened to podcasts, it wouldn't make a difference who hosted provided they didn't have an annoying voice.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    This. Matter of fact, I would watch/listen an all girl anything.:) 

9. MiraiBaby

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL y'all are funny. :p  Thanks for the input!

10. Satomiblood

If my years on the internet have taught me anything, it's that mentioning the fact that you're a girl will probably increase the hits of your website, youtube channel, or podcast by 200%.

11. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    S'long as y'all are comfortable on mic and have a good group dynamic, I got all the time in the world to listen to folks talk about transformers.

No, really... My job has me stuck at a computer for 10 hours a shot. Podcasts are my life-blood during the week.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I'd prefer to listen to interesting people, not necessarily girls or boys. If you're interesting, I'll listen.

13. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Sure!

14. kaos

true............ they have to be interesting but lets face it...would u as a guy rather listen/watch some dudes intelligently talk about transformers or girls...its the same for me with mma fighters....i just find girls that are good at MMA sexy...nothing wrong with that...as i do with with video games and everything else i find entertaining...:2c: ..i just rather listen to girls..as long as they know what theyre talking about...hell i even find women who know history sexy...i know im weird:crazy: ..

15. MiraiBaby

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish that were true for the costuming website we run .... However, for the most part, it seems that guys just flatout don't try to build costumes as much as girls do.

16. Satomiblood

Yea, you're weird.

If someone has a wealth of knowledge on a subject that greatly interests you, then it shouldn't matter what their gender is.

17. kaos

yeah i know....not saying if that boyl singer chick shared any of my interest that she'd be hot but what i am saying is if two equally hot girls where talking and one of them mention an interest in something im also interested in then i would find the one who shares my common interest more appealing to me...this isnt at all weird as its a proven fact that we as humans tend to find people who share our own personal interest more attractive...but what i do find weird is what attracts or catches my eye...L8s...

18. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Give it a try, maybe do 1 a month at first to judge the feedback. I will say this though, I have no problem with "girls" on a podcast but all to often I find really annoying fan girl types on pods. I can't listen to them, but if you talk calmly and normal it would be a nice change.

Also hearing about cosplay is cool too, but a whole pod about it might be hard to do. I would like to hear about it as part of your podcast, just not the whole thing. I've been going to more cons and see all the cool costumes people make, so I have an interest in hearing about that. Good luck!

19. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd listen because theres always room for more podcasts and I need another good one to listen to because the last one I listened to I'm now a part of, lol and It'd be nice to see an all girls podcast due to the reasons you stated

20. MiraiBaby

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know the chicks on our current list if we actually do decide to do this and we are fan girls, but not fangirls. They're both an INSANELY different breed.

We can have intelligent conversations too. :p 

Yeah, we figured that we'd make it a cosplay podcast, but wouldn't make it solely about costumes or our website. We'd be talking about upcoming events a little here and a little there as well, I think. We haven't nailed down our talking points just yet lol.