would you like....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wavelength, Feb 15, 2007.

1. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

more hexacons [e.g. cybertron laserbeak] in the classics line since micro cassettes would be pretty conspicuous in a modern world, and therefore unsuitable for the 'moderised versions of classic charecters' genre? or are you gonna use the real gear movie figs, possiblw with some customisations with these figs? or do i just think to much on the issue

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'd rather not see any new "hexacons", since I don't own Cy. Soundwave and don't plan on it. I'd much rather see them make a modern boombox Soundwave that had transformable CD's. Laserbeak, Ravage, and Rumble would be the 3 that I would want. Then remold and repaint him into Blaster and give him 3 of his little guys as CD's. That would be a cool way to get 2 more voyagers out of the Classics line, that each have 3 minons with them. Peace out.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm not a huge fan of Soundwave or Laserbeak. I'd rather have transformable CDs as well.

4. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

wouldn't they be rather thinas cd's. even the karmen rider disc animals were thicker than normal cd's

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't care if they weren't as thin as CD's. All they would need to accomplish for their alt modes in my opinion, is to make them look like round and flat discs, that's it. Peace out.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So micro cassettes are conspicuous, but a hexagonal cylinder with no apparent function isn't? :) 

I think the biggest issue with 'hexacons' is they are meaningless away from Cybertron Soundwave. A little like the "meteorobo" Microman deelies that turned into spheres, they turn into - a shape. Guess it's tough to do a modernized update of Soundwave and his crew. Most removable media items like discs, flash memory cards, and the like are a little light on the mass to transform into an effective robot.

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I would haved loved to get some, but only in the Cybertron line. I don't think they'd ever make new accessories to a toy from a previous line.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I would rather the tape bots be something more like MP3 players now and soundwave a speaker base for them.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I've always been in favour of updating Soundwave into a camcorder. A lot of those still use digital cassettes, and the cassettes are bigger than the micro-cassettes of old to boot, so you can cram more transformer-y goodness into them.