Would you like to see elements of Transformers Prime into the next series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Nov 19, 2012.

?

Would like to see elements of TFP into any future TF series?

1. Yes.

66 vote(s)
    49.6%
  2. No.

34 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Maybe.

33 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. Pottopiss Prime

Pottopiss Prime Active Member

TFP hopeful carry overs...

The thing I would most like to see get carried on is the modern approach to characterization and representation. The last thing I want is Bulkhead reverting back to anything resembling his animated self. If nothing else, I think the style of TFP is one of its biggest assets. I certainly don't want block headed G1 renderings coming back. After seeing Starscream as his slinky, sneaky, whiny self and OP as an agile, athletic ass kicking machine, Soundwave nearly perfectly represented as a spy drone for what his role in the show is. I just have no interest whatsoever in these characters getting 100% redesigned all over again. Even characters like Ratchet & Knockout, Breakdown & Arcee are all settled into forms that precisely represent who they are as a cast member and what kind of role they play. I know some people will disagree and the Fanboys still probably want Soundwave modeled after an iPod to properly homage his G1 self in the modern era but, (overall) Transformers is more popular now then it has been in a long time and recognizing that Bayformers has been a huge spring board to that, I think it is obvious that TFP, it's style & characters, has a huge amount to do with it. Obviously TFP has its issues and was far from perfect but, it was (IMO) a huge step in the absolute right direction. For example; me (40), my wife (32), my nephew (15), my daughter (7) and my son (4) all sit together and 100% enjoy TFP. There aren't many shows of any kind where that happens. Me & my son obviously love just about all the other Transformers series (G1, next best) but, my daughter refuses to watch it because it is too "old fashioned" and my wife will not even stay in the room when "Beast Wars" is on (I can't really blame her, even P. Cullen wouldn't reduce himself to ape faced OP)!

Anyway....

It's inevitable now that we are going to get something new and different. Obviously if the "story" is going to continue, by definition, it is going to be different. I love Transformers (TFP near the top of that list) because of exactly what it is. I know anytime I watch it in any medium that there are going to be threads that tie all the incarnations together. Sometimes tighter then others but, that is one of the things I like best about it. The tradition, The folklore, The Cybertronian history (however conflicting), The Primes, Unicron, Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee etc, etc, etc... the good and the bad..... Soon people will be bitching because OP orders the Bots to "ROLL OUT".....

2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

The art style and stellar voice casting.

That's it.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Steve Blum as Starscream. Easily the best casting in the whole series.

4. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Slenderwave.

5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    The voice work
    The darker tone
    The multidimensional characters
    The interpretation of Optimus Prime and Megatron
    The CGI
    Knockout
    Soundwave
    Mech
    Decepticons with brass
    Unicron
    Real deaths

Pretty much everything Prime established moving forward and building on it. I want to see the aligned continuty continue to grow.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Elements from Prime I would like to see in future incarnations of the franchise...

M.E.C.H. and Silas.

The characterization of Prime Arcee.

The characterization of Prime Wheeljack.

Characters who die and stay dead.

Elements from Prime I never want to see ever again.

Super skinny cross dresser Starscream.

The characterization of Prime Smokescreen.

Mute Transformers.

Characters who die in the same episode they're introduced into the series. I think there should be a rule that a character has to have a minimum of 3 episodes worth of screen time before being killed off.

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the robot aesthetic of this show and would like to see it continue on.

8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    The designs are great as well as the animation, Starscream's facial and body expressions are absolutely brilliant.

The only designs that I think I even came remotely to disliking in the show would be Optimus Prime's, Bumblebee's and the colouring on Ratchet's head which is more a preference than anything else. Beside's that everyone else's designs are brilliant.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I like how the Insecticons are tough and big instead of little jerks like they were in G1.

10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    The only design I had a prob with was Optimus and that has been remedy quite beautifully with his redesign.

11. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I see Transformers as an ever-evolving mythos. Optimus Prime has certain characteristics that must carry over in every cartoon, comic, or film. But that isn’t to say that new developments can’t add to a character.

I think Mr. Freeze is a prime example of this in the DC Universe. Prior to Batman: The Animated Series, Mr. Freeze was somewhat dull, with a minimal of background. In Batman: TAS, he had a wife who was frozen. He became a tragic character. That background has since been incorporated in the comic books and it was featured in a horrible, horrible film.

Transformers: Animated gave Ultra Magnus a hammer. He’s since used one in the comics, and if his toy is any indication, he’ll be using one in Transformers: Prime. It’s become a part of him so much that the thought of him with a sword seems very unnatural. A gun still fits, but when he engages in melee, he should be using a hammer of some descript. And I’m fine with that.

It remains to be seen how Prowl will be treated moving forward, but I for one would like to see them incorporate both the Cyber-Ninja and immoral aspects of his character that came from Animated the IDW.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Optimus Prime looks fine. Not the best design for him but there's nothing horrible about it. Bumblebee, still looks better than movie design. And Ratchet's head design is no different than G1 or Animated. That's what he's suppose to look like. Would you rather have the puke green movie version?

Starscream is a freaking stick figure that looks like I could break him by looking at him the wrong way. He has high heals. The dude is an anorexic cross dresser and you're complaining about Ratchet?

Starscream is by far the worst design in the series. I didn't really like any of them at first but they've grown on me sense the show first aired and I don't really have major issues with most of them anymore except for Starscream who still bothers just as much as he always has.

I'm not kidding, I actually avoid Starscream's toys in stores because I don't want to break him and then have to buy him. He's just too freaking skinny.

13. Pottopiss Prime

LoL.... Starscream is such a skinny little puss but I think it works perfectly wih his sleazy, slimy self. LoLoL... Starscream's human avatar would be 6'2", 130lbs, with a skinny little peach fuzz moustache and a stained wife-beater LoL !! Perfect !!

14. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    The voice actors. Frank Weller's new take on Megatron's voice. Steve Blum, Jeffery Combs and Darran Norris. I would love to see them come back for the next show.

I....can't go back to Starscream's high pitched whine after this.

Oh and Soundwave taking a vow of silence. Some might hate it but I felt it made his badass level skyrocket.

15. Pottopiss Prime

Agreed !!

I....can't go back to Starscream's high pitched whine after this.

Oh and Soundwave taking a vow of silence. Some might hate it but I felt it made his badass level skyrocket.[/QUOTE]

100% agree with both of these statements !!

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You kinda threw me with Daran Norris. Had to look it up and it doesn't help when you spell his name wrong. Never really liked Knock Out that much. Don't hate him just not as into him as others seem to be.

Also if you don't like the high pitched Starscream why not go for Michael Dobson or Charlie Adler? Really any of his voice actors are fine with me.

I don't hate silent Soundwave... at least not as much now as I did when the show first aired but I would still rather have him speak. The creepy factor is nice but the silent treatment is kinda contradictory to his name. I actually prefer the Cybertron version where he could mimic other character's voices. Not just play back recorded audio but actually talk using their voice.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Animated was positively brimming with Easter eggs and homages, while in Prime they are very explicit - mostly the constant 86 movie quotes. The next series should follow Animated's work.

That's not to say nothing in Prime has been excellent. I loved Dreadwing, Ratchet, Breakdown, Fowler, Jack, Silas, June, Wheeljack and Soundwave. Every series has a character you absolutely love and want to be carried over to every following series since you love the character so much. In Animated for me it was Blitzwing, Lockdown, Lugnut, and Megatron. For me, Prime's absolute best so far are Dreadwing, Ratchet, Breakdown, Fowler and Wheeljack. I would love to see these guys again. I'd also like to see Ratchet with blades or melee weapons, a truly terrifying irredeemable character (Megatron fits the bill, but Silas and Airachnid especially come to mind), and genuine, competent adults like Fowler and June.

Anyway, just like any series there are things you don't want carried over through the series'. I don't want to see such a heavy focus on relics ever again. I don't want Dark Energon and Unicron again because that was a unique and pretty jarring plot twist that Prime came up with on its own (Orson clap).

18. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Yes, yes I would.

While there could definitely have been an improvement to the series, it got a lot of things right that would probably benefit the next series, as well as add to its aesthetic.

I think the kid sidekicks were done very well. Not too intrusive, not wholly unbelievable, and their relationships with their guardians was sweet. Heck I honestly would not mind if the kids got expies in the next show.

The smaller, more manageable cast. I realize this runs somewhat counter to Hasbro's stated goal of selling toys, but this could probably be fixed by a rotating cast of robots.

Soundwave, full stop. While I'm still a big fan of G1 Soundwave, this incarnation is easily a favorite. Silent, deadly, and menacing. I only lament the loss of the other casseticons. Maybe let him use his voice recorder a bit more, but honestly I'd look forward to seeing him like this again.

Starscream's sleeker design. The blocky look just doesn't make sense for someone who's supposed to be a jet and focus on agility and maneuverability over straight up crushing.

A lot of people didn't like it, but the idea of the Eradicons was cool to me. A mook army for the Decepticons probably gets across the fact of Megatron's disdain for others better than beating on Starscream. As far as he is concerned, his soldiers are just easily replaceable tools. Who cares how many he lets get scrapped so long as he scores a win?

Knockout most definitely. I'd say Deadwing too, especially since I like the whole "Noble Demon, My Master Right Or Wrong" character for the villains. Though he probably needs to be a bit more effective as an enemy.

M.E.C.H. A good idea is a good idea and a group of evil-to-neutral humans functioning as a third party in this war for Earth is a good idea.

Death as permanent. If resurrection is possible, it should be difficult to perform, costly, and limited, not thekind of thing a handy plot coupon can do ad infinitum.

19. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Lol you had to look up knockouts VA bc I spelled it wrong. You poor thing!

20. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

I don't know how people come to the conclusion that soundwave took a vow of silence. The way I see it, he never spoke. Seeing how he is the only character with facial features (shockwave at least has an eye) I find it hard to believe he spoke in the first place. Plus, it adds to the character.