Would you like to see a "Prime-Verse" Beast Wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Brooticus, Dec 29, 2010.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I could live with a Prime-verse BW just as long as it didn't lead into a Prime-verse BM.

2. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting on Animated Beast Wars thank you Hasbro very much

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm not interested in a Beast Wars reboot of any sort, especially wihtin TF: Prime.

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    What would be the point of having a Beast Wars in the Prime continuity? It's already been done, we don't need to see it again. I don't want to see them throw in Dinobot in the series just so he can have the same character arc he had from BW. Instead Prime should just have good story arcs and good character arcs like what Beast Wars had.

5. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I would like a new BW, though with more characters.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Not that I am arguing for another Beast Wars, but...

can't your reasoning also be applied to transformers? Optimus, megatron, Autobots, Decepticons... it's all aready been done. Numerous times.

So what is the point with PRIME?

7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Also, lets just say they did a new Beast Wars era in the TP universe; that doesn't mean they would or have to do it exactly like the original show. In fact it'd quite likely be something completely different, with maybe a few of the original characters. But even then, they'd be new re-imaginings of them.

8. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

we cant really rush into this just yet, i mean the main series hasnt even started yet.
    As much as i love Beast Wars, being a child of the 90's and all, if it were to be done it would have to be done carefully. Beast wars cant be rehashed over and over again like the general theme of transformers, it wasn't just a weekly Autobot vs. Decepticon battle over some weekly plot device like G1 was. It had a sense of building anticipation, it had a very unique setting, as no other series has ever done the ancient earth approach yet and its been 10 years. In short a "Beast Wars" would fail on two fronts as 1) if you just made it like a generic sequel it wouldnt have had the quality Beast Wars had 2) if it was an exact rehash of Beast Wars then what was the point to begin with. If they could pull off a good sequel series more power to them, but i highly doubt they could pull off another Beast wars.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Or 3) not a sequel at all. The fact of the mater is, it will happen one day. Maybe not with TFP, but someday they'll do a completely new variation on the whole Beast Wars concept, with little to no connections to the original.

Beast Wars is not an untouchable franchise. It can, and likely will, be reinvented someday.

10. rattimus prime

I do understand that, and when it is done i hope it can live up to the original. but i am referring to it in the sense that every body wants it to be a sequel series to the current series, hell the original Beast Wars wasn't exactly a sequel in the same sense that Energon is the sequel to Armada, Beast Wars is more of a spin-off series, that had connections to G1.

11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    This thread wasn't started to demand the immediate comissioning of a new beast wars series, but to merely discuss whether you would like to see some form of future Beast Wars within this canon. I wouldn't like them to shift focus now either, as I think they'll do some awesome things with TFP. But you never know, if prime becomes popular we may see various spinoffs across different media, one of which may be beast era related.

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

[EDIT] Yeah. ^

Yeah, I think that was originally the concept behind this thread; would/could they do a BW spin off from the current TFP universe.

13. rattimus prime

Im sorry for this semi argument, i didnt read the original post, cause i thought it was a "i want a new beast wars and here is how they could do it" type thing. I think that a version of beast wars constricted by a specific continuity may be a bad thing as i said before Beast wars wasn't a blatant sequel and that g1 had been over for 10 years helped it build itself up. i would love for them to use the characters kinda like how Animated used Rattrap, Blackarachnia, and Waspinator, while new toys would be more suited for the Classics line. Again lets see if they throw out any beast wars nods, as it is bound to happen. I would Personally like for Hasbro to make the maximals and the BW predacons be usable as special teams (since no one uses the G1 predacons anyway) or make the characters more readily available as cameos or what.

14. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Nope, I didn't even wanna see the original Beast Wars.