Would you like to see a "Prime-Verse" Beast Wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Brooticus, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Hasbro have said that they hope on sticking with the Prime continuity for the next decade or so, so would you like to see them address the Beast Wars somehow within this canon? If so, how would you like to see them address it? Comic? Video Game? Cartoon? Movie?

Part of me thinks that the original Beast Wars was brilliant, and that any re-imagining could surely only pale in comparison, but the other part of me would love to see how the designers of today would interpret the old designs, and maybe, just maybe, give us some new toys!

I'm conflicted, what say you?

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I have never liked beast-anything, so no I would not like to see a Prime BW.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I liked Beast Wars, but personally I'd prefer they stick with vehicles for the most part in the Prime-verse.

But if they did do it, maybe they could tie it into that ancient war that resulted in energon on earth. That could have been the Beat War in the Prime-verse.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    What PAXTIN said.

5. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would like to see a Beast Wars reboot in its own style.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

You know how they mentioned there was a war long ago on Earth with many combatants fighting over Energon reserves that were smuggled there? Maybe they were all Beast Warriors? Other continuities have had their own versions of the Beast Wars before, so it is possible Prime has one too.

7. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I liked how TF: Cybertron (and kinda/sorta G1) had it where Transformers were not exclusively indigenous to Cybertron, but they were from different robotic planets. Plus, it keeps the whole theme of "robots in disguise" while still stretching what the Transformers can be. I kinda hope that they do this for DOTM and/or PRIME.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like to see a Beast Wars ANYTHING at this point.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I don't want anything Beast Wars unless Mainframe/DiTillo/Forward/voice cast reunites for some new stories in regular continuity. Any attempt to do otherwise would just feel like a knockoff.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I am one of the biggest Beast Wars fans you will ever meet, but I don't think the Prime universe is the place for it to be rebooted.

I agree with Coldiron and Wheeljack Prime, in that I would prefer to see BW come back and stand on it's own two (four?) feet. So far Beast Wars > Prime.

So far...

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

prime-verse... maybe not, just some BW as Blackarachnia and Waspinator in Animated, but another BW universe not-g1, F*CK YEAH! (sorry, I love BW/BM)

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    What he said.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I would love a new Beast Wars series and I don't think it has to be run by the same team. Others are perfectly capable of doing it justice.

14. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally keep trying to come up with a Beast Wars series or movie but I have no idea where/how to start it up.

As for the continuity, let's see how season one of Prime plays out BEFORE we ask this kind of question.

jD001

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It would rule if the Autobots stumbled across a couple small robotic corpses with synthetic skin.

16. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I personally would like to see a new beast wars series. Beast Wars was by far my favorite series in the TF universe, hell, any universe for that matter. I didn't like Blackarachnia and Waspinator in animated, because they just couldn't live up to their originals, but it was still nice to see a nod toward the beast wars. It would be great if Forward and Ditillio came back along with some of the original voice actors. I would like to see a Beast era in the Prime universe.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I, too, feel if Beast Wars were to come back it should be it's own style. The Original BW wasn't a direct continuing of any one G1 timeline, but just a follow-up to G1 in general, and that worked in it's favour.

The thing is, BW is defined by it's characters and plot. There's not point in redoing it (unless to simply give it better animaton) because it wouldn't be Beast wars anymore, just a TF reboot with another Beast Wars, unless it focused on new beast-era characters.

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like that idea, and since the groundwork has already been laid for that possible story....

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope.

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

This is perfect graphic novel fodder, stranded prime x-formers doin what they do in the dino days.. they could do a mini series maybe.

It would be a much simpler story line no doubt, none of the time travel, Vok, or Ark related stuff, no Beast Machines there after, it would be something that starts and ends in the past, instead of starts in the future goes to the past and ends in the future. I think someone covered a telling of the wars where the old bots hid the energon and such with beasty modes, if done well, wouldn't be a totally bad thing. But! not ran concurrent.