Would you like to hear Tom Kenny as Starscream in TF2 or still Charles Adler?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot 47, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think a Serious version of Tom Kenny's spin on the character would be more intriguing. Adler doesnt do a terrible job but it is only 2 lines and it is heavily modified with effects filters so you really don t know what your getting with his voice.

Kenny is about as close as anyone has come to starscream since latta. Got news for you though even if Latta was still with us Bay would have probably not used him too. I mean for crying out loud we had to fight to get peter cullen whose voice is legendary not just for optimus prime either.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Adler had 2 lines as Starscream in the movie, which isn't enough to pass judgment on him. As much as I like Kenny, I think Adler did a nice job for what little speaking parts they gave him.

3. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    I would go for Charlie Adler. He only had two lines in the movie but they sound really menacing, better than what Tom Kenny could do.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They could change the VA of Starscream to anyone and have it still sound the same after all the processing they did. The original voice he did and the final product are nothing alike.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I say keep Charles Adler... especially for the sake of continuity. And I'm also soured on changing the voice cast to match up with whatever cartoon happens to be on ever since they switched to the Sonic X voice cast for all the Sonic games after Sonic Heroes :2c:  :banghead: 

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. stick with Charlie Adler for continuity sake. we only get hear 2 lines from him so far & i would like to hear more of what he can do with Starscream (in terms of character progression in da sequels)

Btw Tom Kenny is also great as Starscream from da preview clips dat we have seen so far on youtube (since i'm also Spongebob fan), any fans of the show can clearly attest dat his voice as Spongebob is somewhat a very milder for of S'scream voice. it's whiny & nasally nature. at times irritating & quite endearing seems familiar.

7. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

In the movie when Megatron said "Prime!" He sounded a bit like Nimoy.

Back on subject. I think Adler is the better choice for the movie for Starscream. It's a good fit.

8. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

Come on, Adler or SpongeBob?? Please leave Charles Adler as movie Starscream. What's next, Billy West as Prime if Cullen did go? West is a great cartoon voice, but not as one of the movie Transformers.

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who cares who does the voices in the movies?

It's not like those crumpled balls of tinfoil actually say much of anything anyway...

10. Autobot 47

Autobot 47 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was just an idea - since Chris Latta's Starscream voice was so popular...

11. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

It's hard to sy since Adler had one line in the whole movie...

But Tom Kenny's Starscream, though very convincing, is too childish. Adler's is dark and deep and fits the movie version much better.

12. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

As much as I like Latta's Starscream, it just would not have fit in the movie. True, he didn't have many lines, Megatron had the most of any Decepticons, but the voices you did hear had a lot more growl and animal base than Latta's Starscream.

13. Heatseeker

Heatseeker ;)

For the movie, Adler all the way.

14. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Charles Adler.

p.s. That "amazing" script that I've been working on will be written AND completed by this weekend.

15. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

so says you their voices worked for an entire generation of transformers why are they now not good enough? personally when i think of starscream i think of when i was 12 and watching G1 after school and hearing a whiny starscream which is perfect for his character

16. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.