Would you like Rampage to be a reborn Bonecrusher?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Would you like Rampage to be a reborn/rebuilt Bonecrusher?

1. Yes

39.3%
  2. No

60.7%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    First of all, don't tell me the "Horse Is Dead" about dead TF's coming back, I know it is.
    But they share simular simularities, such as the head, the hands. Is he rebuilt...? I mean, his arm and head were both severed by Prime, and if Rampage's head and hands resemble Boncrusher's... does that mean Megs isnt the only dead TF coming back?
    Or was it lazy designers that just recyceled pieces of Bonecrusher...? They did it with Sideways, recyceling Barricade... so why not others?

Discuss!

2. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Aw come on mate. You gotta get into the feel of it. I look at it like this. Our race shares many similarities with each other. Has anybody ever told you that you have a twin out there? I believe it's possible that within a race of alien robotic lifeforms you're going to have some bots that resemble each other in some form or another. In reality though, you're probably right. Knowing man and how lazy he can be, they probably decided to reuse some old TF1 stuff. You know, saves brain cells from succumbing to true creativity.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oi vay...

Sideways is not Barricade. Sideways is not Barricade. Sideways is not Barricade.

Bonecrusher is dead. It was confirmed by Orci that no dead Transformers would be coming back except Megatron.

Yes, the horse is dead.

:gen069: 

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, his bio sounds more like an old character than a just rebuilt one

5. Demron-Zer0

Demron-Zer0 No

I think it's a little too early to determine, they may keep the toy name the same, but make the movie name different. Like the Brawl/Devastator thing with the first movie.

6. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    1) I know Sideways is not Barricade. I meant they recyceld the robot design of Barricade for Sideways.

2) If Bonecrusher is coming back it wont be him coming back, it'll be Rampage coming back for him :D 

7. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

my vote YES i love bonecrusher design and evetying ... that why i saw design head of rampage look like same as bonecrusher's face that why i ask them about that... i knew it i feel it can't wait to watch that!

8. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

if bonecrusher come back as rampage then why not do same as jazz????? i dont know maybe suprise maybe serect.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be a cool twist if they pulled something like that. Dead dead is something boring you can find in any film, there needs to be some sort of way where robot dead isn't the same as human dead.

But I doubt the creative team is up to a "creative" way to pull off robot dead being different so they will go with the more lazy dead dead thing except on Megatron.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if it's used as explanation for why the constructicons didn't combine before.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No. Bonecrusher is dead, and by the sounds of Rampage's bio, he's got a different personality, and has some history. I do admit that his head looks similar to Bonecrusher's in some ways, and that his wips sort of give the impression of BC's extendo-arms, but I'm sure they are separate characters. Only way I see BC, or any of the dead bots for that matter, coming back in RotF, is as a part of Megatron's new body. Maybe even a flashback or two if they are lucky.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If you're refering to the old concept art, that was merely for the purpose of devising the concept. (a not unheard of practice. That's where the term "concept" comes in) Sideways is not a recycle of Barricade, and neither is Rampage of Bonecrusher. Both he and Demolishor (and it's speculated the other CC's will aswell) share design similarities, most likely (if not definately) an intentional homage to Bonecrusher originally being a Constructicon in G1.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think the bios make it quite clear that Bonecrusher and Rampage are different characters. So, no.

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt they would use the time it took to explain BC is Rampage. Him just showing up with the other Constructicons would take much less time and that time could be used for something else.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They did? That's interesting... link?

So the thread is pointless, if you mean he is coming for Bonecrusher, why would he be Bonecrusher?

16. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    misinformation campaign anyone? lol never say never when it comes to transformers, but i think not just the fans will be annoyed if it turns out that rampage is bonecrusher, i'm pretty sure the general consensus of the audience will be wtf?

17. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I meant coming back in his place, but it's Bonecrusher

18. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    I think that all the movieverse Constructicons share certain similarities. The name "Bonecrusher" was a G1 constructicon so as an homage to that original character, they made the other parts of Devvy resemble him. I actually find it pretty clever, rather than uninspired.

19. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

Apologies for coming to this discussion so late, but anyway, I voted HELL YES to Rampage being Bonecrusher Reincarnate. Simply because I loved what Bonecrusher brought to the first film, and wish they had utilized him more than they did.

This way if Rampage was Bonecrusher, I can see more of a character I really enjoyed. On the other hand if he is a separate character I'm sure I'll still like him.

I have asked Bob Orci specifically about this, and as of yet, he has neither confirmed nor denied it. Would love to see this finally be resolved by someone in the know.

20. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Because I want more NEW characters.