Would you like Prime and Megatron to team up?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I always loved it in some episodes in every series that the Autobots and Decepticons had to work together to overcome a greater threat. Seeing Optimus Prime and Megatron kicking ass side-by-side is probably the coolest thing ever.

I've rarely seen the whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea and pulled off correctly. What do you guys think?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think it would have worked great if they'd teamed up against The Fallen..for some reason I envisioned The Fallen as a seperate third party that could revive and use dead Transformers..

but they didn't use it, yaaay!

Would be cool..although Megatron hasn't been able to show his own power yet.

3. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

It works in cartoons (Really loved it in Armada), but I don't think it'd work with the movies. First of all, the Autobots and Decepticons hate eachother, because both factions believe that the other faction is wrong, through their own point of view.

Secondly, after all the killings between the two factions, why would they want to make an alliance with the ones who killed their friends and brothers?

And, if a larger threat does appear, I'm sure that they would have their own strategies against it. And, if Megatron is smart enough, he would stay out of the battle and let the Autobots fight it, defeat it and weaken them, then he would attack the Autobots and have bigger chances to defeat them.

Also, I'm sure most of the general audience wouldn't like it.

Just my opinion.

4. Attacker_Prime

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to double post.

5. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it could work, surprised they didn't do it against the Fallen. I don't know how it couldn't work in the movies though. Look at the second X-Men film. While Magneto is ready to betray Charles, he does team up with the X-Men against Stryker. So I don't think it's restricted to cartoons only.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    If the force they're opposing is threatening both parties' ideals, and there is no other way to stop him other than to combine forces, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, Attacker Prime.

Although as soon as the threat would be over, the parties would immediately turn on each other - or at least, the Decepticons would do that.

7. Tyrannosaur

I can see it happening. I just had a vision in my head of Optimus Prime and Megatron breaking into some large ruin on Cybertron, killing off these drone characters possessed by Unicron.

It was hinted that the Decepticons also care for the future of their kind too, Megatron's line "Our race will perish" made me think he actually had sympathy. Both races have a similar goal= Save Cybertron.

I could see the Autobots fleeing from their lives from something deadly, lets say a Black Hole about to destroy Cybertron, leaving the Decepticons to their fate.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It could work in Transformers 3 but dont give youre hopes up

9. Tyrannosaur

Don't worry Fanimus I won't lol.

If what people say is true about Krueger, he can work something out.

10. Attacker_Prime

I see. I think it could work, but it must be handled well.

The factions indeed have a similar goal, but they see it in different points of view.

They could use the Optimus and Megatron being brothers/best friends back on Cybertron for this, and probably show that Optimus could save anyone, but the person who he wanted to save most: His best friend, Megatron, who fell to the Fallen's lies. And when the larger threat appears, they would make the alliance after Megatron realizes that what the Fallen told him was a lie. Now, how deep would that be?

Then, maybe Megatron would agree to make peace between him, Optimus, and both Cybertronian races. But then, probably, Starscream wouldn't agree, and betray Megatron AND Optimus, showing one trait that Starscream has always had throughout the Transformers series: Treachery.

But again, it's just a way of how it could be handled. I'm sure there are many ways. And, of course, it depends on how large the threat is. Godziboy1993's idea of Unicron-controlled beings could probably work here.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think it would have worked well for ROTF, but unless they bring in Unicron for TF3 then I really don't see a threat big enough to warrant a team-up. Though I'm hard pressed for a reason Megatron would even consider teaming up with Prime to save our galaxy, much less the Earth.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    to be honest i'd rather see them fight eachother for like 30 minutes

thatd be awesome

:p 

13. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Starscream temporarily work with Optimus to destroy Megs, but not Prime and Megs together.

14. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I don't see any reason why it couldn't work.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    NO, keep I say keep Megs hatred against Prime and the autobots for every film.

16. MarioBilll1

MarioBilll1 Well-Known Member

"like it or not, we are allies now, against a common foe!"

Yea it could happen.

Guessing they would be working to defeat unicron, starscream, or an exponential generator.

17. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

If the Quitesons are the villains in future sequels, it would be an awesome thing to see!!

18. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

yeah some of this remind sme in g1 transfor,ers like the time when starscream was gonna blow up earth in season one and megatron and prime worked together. One of my favorites too.

19. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I like the idea, but what would convince Megatron to make peace instead of just going back to fighting once the big threat is gone?

20. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    uhh, No, thanks