Would you like Galvatron to be introduced as a separate character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Nov 12, 2011.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:

1)I didn't say TFA and TFP were terrible, I said I hated everything about them both from TFA's Jay Leno chinned Starscreams to TFP's Soundwave with no sound.

2)When in this discussion did I indicate that I wanted either replaced? I did ask for a Direct to video type of approach for the more mature audience with a G1/IDW edge to them.

So you and the kids can keep TFP, TFA and Bayformers. All I want at this point is a D2V showing of some quality G1 stories(Updated). How is that selfish???

3)Some of you just hear what you wanna hear but despite this exaggerated stigma that if it aint G1 it's automatically rule out as garbage, I'd respect anything new provided I like the premise which it these cases I just don't.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

A TEENAGE MEGATRON? That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Lazerwave.

Don't repeat that ever again, please, for Heaven's sake, I would appreciate.

Its not much about confusing, but more about not sounding original.

That's more a Straxus-like, I think, I personally had the idea of Galvatron being a highly dangerous criminal who was arrested and eventually left to die in Cybertron when they left the planet, he survived due sheer toughness and when the planet combursted in DOTM, he was able to escape his cage.

That would particularly be good because it would stop with the "being planned over fifity years" plot thread the movies have [with everything always being planned a hundrend years before the actual movie], his escape would be a direct consequence of the previous movie.

His plan here would be to take over Megatron's Decepticons [he doesn't care about bringing Cybertron back, he just wants to rule] AND to execute his revenge upon the Autobots [he couldn't care less about humanity, but they insist on getting on the way of his revenge, so he decides to destroy the planet just because the Autobots care about it].

Basically, batshit insane Chaotic Evil warrior.

You mean like that episode where they built a robot that throws popcorn on the Autobots [and actually defeats them through this strategy]? Yes, very good plots, G1 had [and very mature too, we all know popcorn is a deadly weapon only used by the lowest of the low on the galaxy]

3. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    ?????
    Look I don't know what you're talking about but something tells me it's best I didn't know.

Enjoy your night friend.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Sorry man but I'm going to have to go with Overlord Balder on this. I mean a machine that defeats the Autobots with POPCORN?!?! That's sounds really stupid! I admit I didn't see much of the G1 show though I did see the 1986 movie which was slightly better I've heard of the G1 show's content that are a bit silly and questionable at best. And I'm sorry if I called you selfish. I was just saying what's wrong with Transformers trying out new stuff that's all. It's your opinon and I respect that even if I don't agree!

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Younger version then.

6. Overlord Balder

Behold, my friend.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I am Not suggesting that he should, It was just a dream I had.

For one thing, I don't want a Transformers 4 and second I'm calling my Transformers 3 Megatron toy Galvatron.

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I say no to Galvatron. I think that the new villain in TF4 should be a lesser known character or an entirely original one. This could turn out to be a brilliant idea. Look at Batman Begins, they didn't have a very well known villain in it like The Joker and it turned out to be a great movie. I'm not saying that Galvatron can't be a good villain, but a villain should be chosen because he/she strengthens the plot not because the fans all wanted a character shoehorned into the story. For an example of that, see Venom in Spiderman 3.

9. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    yes but have flash back of megatron

10. Overlord Balder

Actually, R'as is one of the Batman's most important arch-villains [though not as famous].

I would say Scarecrow was more of a "unknown villain" than R'as [while Scarecrow is actually more known due his appearence in the cartoon, I'd say he is far less proeminent in the comics and far less important for the Batman storyarc as well].

11. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry but in what way shape or form did ratchet look or even ACT like a medic in all three movies?

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Good point. I can accept how he looked in the movie but he sure didn't do much as a medic at all! I wonder how he got a degree in medicinal studies anyway?!

13. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Riiiiiiiight, so out of 73+ episodes you pick the worse out of the bunch? Well I'll see your B.O.T. and raise you a Mountain Dew Con. Neither are valid in the the grand scheme of things, so why grasp at straws??? Was he a reoccurring character? Did "Geewuners" bitch because Hasbro never gave us a BOT figure... Or are you just running out of valid points?

What part of "Newly updated quality G1 direct to video" do you not understand?

Did they sing "Cold Slither" during "G.I. Joe Resolute" or did we get a nice homage to the old 80's show???

What's funny is you all act like you wouldnt watch it if they made a decent G1 d2v movie.

Instead it's, "No you've gotta like TF: Prime and Bayformers, it's better than G1, so watch those or don't watch anything!"

14. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Hey I was giving them the benefit of the doubt since they at least mentioned that he was a medic.

Now if I didn't mention him then one of you would have, so considering that Bay didn't make Ratchet an actual ratchet I thought I'd be merciful. But either way my overall point still stands.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Jeez dude calm down! We're not forcing you to watch TFP TFA and the Movies he's just trying to show you that the G1 show had its flaws as well. Like I said you have your opinon and that's fine with us in fact it would'nt be a fandom if we all had the same opinons. Just simmer down and relax! You like your idea of the Transformers and the rest of us like ours let's keep it at that shall we?

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Galvatron should be Megatron's brother or a fanatic wanting to avenge his death.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That can work!

18. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I like the zealot-ish idea!!:) 

19. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    yes i want galvatron to be in it! but as a differnt character!!!! and having a 2 part finale then it will be done! so like TRANSFORMES RISE OF UNICRON PART1 AND PART2 THE FALLOWING 2 YEARS!

20. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Actually, I'd be tempted to lean more toward Galvatron being a sort of clone/offspring - in essence, Megatron's "son" - wanting revenge on Optimus Prime...but not necessarily because Megatron is dead: rather, because Optimus killed him...and Galvatron didn't.

Essentially, Galvatron would be allied only to himself, not to the Decepticons, not to Megatron and definitely not to the Fallen, because he believes they were all insane (in Megs' case, some might argue that he's right, but I digress) and got what was coming to them; nor would he give a damn about what's become of Cybertron or any of the life-giving chotchkeys of Cybertronian legend. But he also believes Megatron is the one responsible for robbing him of something greater, and wanted to avenge that...and now he can't. So sure as hell he's going to finish off the one who finished off Megatron, the Great War be damned.