would you like a TFW2005.com alike magazine?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Would you like to bring out the magazine?

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

35.7%
  3. only if it is very cheep

14.3%
  1. gregles

gregles quintesson

I don't know if something similar to what I am going to suggest has ever been suggested or existed before and when I first thought of the idea it seemed a little unessential but I have since thought how it would be great. As far as I am aware the only transformer magazines that have been available in the UK (where I live) have been very focused on young children which is of course appropriate given the franchise but given the popularity of sites like this I think there would be room for another.

To start with I think this magazine would make pretty good buissnes sense for hasbro as I bet they would love the chance to effectively sell there advertising to us in the opening news section and companys like games workshop have made some extra revenue with there white dwarf magazine. No doubt the magazine would have loads of the same advertisements we see on this site giving some third party toy makers some exposure. the magazine could have a months best customs section were they print the say top 5 customs of the month, I personally think this would be great as imagine the sence of pride in getting your custom you have slaved over for ages getting printed. The magazine could have fan art and fan fiction section where they cherry pick the best to expose and give recognision to the best writers and artists out there and give people a good place to start with fan fiction as personally I find it a little daunting seeing so much out there. the magazine could have a letters and emails page were we could discuss pretty much what we do here. The magazine could have articles wrote by us imagine a section on this website were you could submit articles and essays and they could print the most interesting and least trolly ones. I know in terms of pace of interaction its a slight step backwards from the boards here but the magazines creation certainly wouldn't remove the boards here from existence and discussion on the articles inclusion could continue here. As well as being an extra interaction for hardened geek's like us it could also attract the odd new or casual fan passing through a magazine shops who wouldn't normally be as geeky as to venture onto a fansite and may or may-not be put off by the current movie's and quick flick through by them could expose them to all sorts of possibilities in the franchise. What do you lot think?

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    IIRC, TFW did work on a magazine type thing a long time ago, maybe it was TFD back then, I can't remember exactly.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think it would have been a great idea fifteen or so years ago.

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I need something to replace Toyfare since it's no longer around.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

6. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:

8. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anyone know why there hasn't been an update on that since Oct?

9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I don't know for sure, but I am guessing due to the holidays in general, but like I said, that is just a guess.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, holidays derailed us a bit. The next one is being worked on, never fear.