would you like a team or group of female transformers to exist again?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Sep 7, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

I know one has existed in g1 cartoon but that was very long time ago. Would you like a female group to exist in a piece of modern fiction. Some people complain when a single female is introduced to a male group they often become a sassy token, is a group the answer to this criticism?

How would you feel if a group was to be introduced? If a female group was to be introduced what would you like them to be like? would you like an existing group e.g. airialbots, stunticons etc to be redone as a female group?

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Uhm no..it will never work.

Transformers targets kids mostly. And the society and norm applies to alot of boys ( yes I am generalizing, get over it) is that most boys dont want to play or do what can be seemed as girly stuff.

Hence why the TFs in most cases are males so to speak. It appealses to the boys that looks at a show were this amazing Optimus kicks megatron arse and so on.

3. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

maybe two females be on special combie team

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I personally wouldn't mind a team of fembots probably would prefer them not to be a combiner team and definetly not an entire G1 special team remade as femmes. But I don't see this working at retail. Maybe as exclusives but even then the mold would need to already exist.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    If only if they were elite warriors, with no "traditional girl colors", and not eye candy for teens that can't land a date.

TFP Arcee is perfect, she has colors that would make boys want a figure and she's strong, something boys could like and be good for young girls to see.

If I was going to bring them into a series, I would call the group "Slayers". They be a more of a special forces unit, that uses stealth, unlike the Wrecker's more direct path.

Showing off intelligents and fighting skills, when they take out Decepticon forces.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw that movie. It was HOT.

Seriously, though. I think it'd be an interesting concept to revisit, but probably not politically correct enough for the modern day.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Only if they all die really fast.

8. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Would this team involve a cup?

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah, the Michael Bay approach, that's nice.

10. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

They didn't make sense the first time either, so no.

11. gregles

gregles quintesson

yeah maybe the world is (or isn't) ready for girl on girl powerlinking ahem

I think a group of female decepticons would be interesting, maybe a group which was similar to the D.J.D. as I feel the default setting for writers who make a female villain is to make them treacherous. God knows what this says about the writers opinion of women and I know there are exceptions like Strika but I would like to see a group of fiercely loyal female villains. I think there would be enough contradictions to there role and characters to make them fascinating and compelling to the viewer.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Having a single female TF is usually seen as tokenism, but I feel having a team of females just to have a team of females is also another kind of tokenism. Look at the G1 episode with the team of fembots. As capable warriors as they were they still had to throw in the 'girlfriend' card to hang them off the male characters rather than let them stand alone as characters in their own right.
    I'd much prefer a team with either equal numbers of males and females or at least more than one female in the team just to try for more of a balance.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I would just rather have more female characters in general. More like how Animated handled it with female Autobots just there among their male colleagues. That's all that is needed, IMO.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    ^ Yup. A normal mixture of gender population. When you make it look like adding a female was intended just to add a female it seems forced. But make females an everyday thing and it works more naturally.
    Maybe this is why the shows need a bigger cast, so you can have both genders coming and going and it doesn't make people wonder why there are so few females. Pity there's not an on-site general staff at the base where you see both genders going about their business.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm with Sol Fury.

The whole notion of "they're warriors so they need to be male" is dumb. For the lack of a better term, they're robots ultimately, and size and stature mean little. And not every single character is a warrior, many of the Autobots just ended up that way going all the way back to G1.

Whether or not the toys sell doesn't matter either. It's not even a valid point, really. Every single Ninja Turtles line has always had an April O'Neil, so there's always that chance to squeeze at least one female character toy into the line. Besides, what's to say you can't get more little girls into Transformers by including female characters that aren't the pretty pretty princess type. For all you know, there could be little girls right now seeing Arcee as a strong female influence as they watch Prime with their brothers (or hell, even on their own).

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Plus I liked the ideas of DJW making characters like Red Alert and Dragstrip female.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Something I also liked with Animated re. diversity in the Transformers race was also the use of different bodytypes in the crowds. I think there was nearly always a beast or a robot with a slightly less conventional look to balance out all those with more "traditional" robot modes in there. Not meaning to go off topic, but I feel it's an interesting point re. diversity in Transformers - after all there's no gender, just body frames like beast, male, female, two-headed etc.

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another vote for the Animated option right here - just have female TFs there, doing a job, with no particular great fuss made about their gender.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed.

20. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Seconded. Just create female characters and make them a normal part of the cast like they do with the males. I hate it when every female character, new or existing, has to be some over-the-top "femme-fatale"/ninja/whatever. Yeah you, Arcee!