would you like a re-animated BW HD update?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Nov 22, 2011.

?

would you like them to update beast wars

1. yes

40.0%
  2. no

46.7%
  3. maybe

13.3%
  1. gregles

gregles quintesson

Dont mess with the classics is good piece of advice as for example look what happened when george lucas tried to add terrible C.G.I. graphics into his classic star wars movies. fan bases tend to be very precious as they love what they love even with all the flaws or technical limitations, remakes or directors cuts are often given hostile receptions by fans of the original so its perfectly understandable that some of you will be massively offended by this suggestion.

updating and modifying classics has had an increase recently not in films but in video games were classics like Halo or shadow of the colossus are being re-released with more addvanced graphics and a wealth of improvements over there originals. how would you feel about this logic being aplied to the next time they chose to re-release beast wars on dvd or blue ray.

I personaly like the look of beast wars as it is but imagine how it could look with more modern tech. these changes could add so much, imagine the dinosaur transformers in the alt mode looking even more photo-realistic than in Jurassic park or primal looking as believable as the monkeys in the new planet of the apes film, it would make there transformation to robots just jaw dropping to look at. the fights and battles could be more fluid and smooth. the backgrounds could have more detail and personality so they would appear less repetitive and have lighting which looks like sunlight rather than what looks like electric light. as long as they didnt mess with its story I dont see how we could lose out what do you lot think?

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    no becuase they'd write for todays audience. beastwars was written to be a scifi show, and the writters kept true to that. where as now if they did it, we'd have a beeping cheetor.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd rather they not mess with success. Even re-animating the first season episodes would probably lose some of the magic.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    If they do they may end up creating another G2. You know what they say, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind it if they updated the graphics scene for scene with the same voice tracks as the original show. They could do some awesome stuff with that.

And if they did that we might get rereleases of old BW toys or even new molds.

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather see the $$ go into making NEW episodes. The BW CGI does look pretty dated now though. Maybe do one episode but not the whole series.

7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO, I'd rather see G1 get the "Halo Anniversary" treatment (that is to say, updated visuals but original audio) before Beast Wars.

8. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

I think anyone saying no either knows Hasbro's ability to ruin great original things, or isn't keeping an open mind to how great it could be.
    My first thought is better CGI than TF Prime, actual moving fur on the animals, returning most of the old voice actors but giving it a much more serious tone (less gags and slapstick comedy), and telling the core story better so it is more solid cannon for the 300 years after G1 story that it is.
    Then they could also fix loose ends and mistakes like Inferno getting disintegrated but surviving, Megatron's spark not being returned to the original Megatron, and much more.

You know, if they made it a live action movie it could be amazing with the right budget. Probably a bit bloody and disturbing though...

Honestly I think if they re-did G1, keeping almost every episode story and title but re-writing what needs re-writing so it all makes good sense, that could be awesome too.

It wouldn't kill the retro coolness of the originals. The Bay movies didn't. They skyrocketed Transformers to much greater success. Just imagine if it was done by someone who actually cared about transformers enough to make the fans and general audience happier... Bay could have done that, despite what some say.

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Much like how Hollywood is remaking movies into piles of crap, I would rather them leave Beast Wars alone. It was great and has its place in TF history. Most (I stress the word MOST) are very happy with it, and a re-done version will just be frowned upon as "They should have done this" or "They got this wrong". Beast Wars should stand as it is

10. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. I like Beast Wars just the way it is.

...Besides, that's a tremendous task to undertake. I'd rather the time and effort all be put into Transformers Prime right now.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    No thanks. Beast Wars' animation definitely has it's flaws but I honestly love the look of the show. It's great the way it is. Besides, the cost of doing that would be astronomical. There's a reason movies have huge budgets to work with, television shows don't have that.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Not that I think Beast Wars needs updating, but I would at least like to see what a 'revised' version would look like. As long as the original was still untouched and available in all its glory. What have we got to lose? Just don't change a single word of dialogue or music cue.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Now, what about an american re-make of BWII and BWN?

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why not just re-release the show again.

I'm sure Children would like it. Back in 2004 when YTV played this, i was so impressed by it. Then they'd have to make new Beast Wars figures that are show accurate and lack the flaky transmetal chrome.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Would be cool.

16. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Laaaaame. Mediocre anime reborn through the US's limited ability to interpret Japanese fiction in a non-idiotic way does not sound appealing.