Would you like a new CGI version of 1984's More Than Meets The Eye?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. That would be highly stupid. G1 is G1, theres no need to recreate it in anyway.

EDIT: How do I manage to always get a first post on a new page?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    NO.

Again I like something new please. I love g1 but it ran it's course unless the "remake" G1 using sources like from DW or IDW, Then Pass.

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Too bad. I thought that the end result only improved the original.
    Just like th eStar Wars Special Editions did.
    Just like this OP's proposal would.

I can only believe that if such a show as the OP is suggesting was to be made, almost every detractor in this thread would watch it, and most would change their tune. If they don't own STAR TREK: Remastered, then I would bet that they own the Star Wars Special Editions.

4. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

Yeah! Can you believe some of those crap "historical" movies, where the characters ride around on those old and obsolete horses? Why wouldn't they update it?

:tongue: 

I'm partially kidding.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just a pipe dream...
    i would love to see a revision of G1 in the superb style of the original "Ghost in the Shell" film.

i loved the look and feel of it.

that's just fanboy dreaming.

i wouldn't mind some DTV movies like the DC projects we're getting.
    Hearts of Steel, GI Joe/Transformers, Spotlight volumes or soemthing.

that would be swell until i can catch up on TF:p .

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The same could be said about the toys though.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You're right, it could. There ISN'T any reason for G1 toys to get rehashed over and over, as opposed to new ideas, designs and characters. But redoing G1 has been pretty much what Hastak has been going for the past 10 years in one way or another, so I'd say even the idea of REDOING G1 toys is getting old.

8. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Huh?

CHUG hasn't been around no 10 years.

9. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    No, it hasn't, but pretty much every series since RiD has relied heavily on G1, and in numerous cases has included generous portions of G1 homages, G1-based characters, etc. in the toys. Wouldn't you consider that a rehashing of G1, even if its only partial?

10. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. I don't want to see any form of G1 animated again. I want new stuff.

11. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Um- no.

I consider them new continuities / re-inventions on the brand TRANSFORMERS, not re-inventions of G1.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

You got to admit its all a matter of "degrees".

You call all those series a " re-inventions on the brand" / new continuity but how does that differ from trying to "retell" G1?

Once you have changed any story you got a nre continuity.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MTMTE is so objectively bad that it nearly un-fanned my girlfriend. Which is something of a feat.

Such a (fan)project might be fun, but let's not kid ourselves...this would be solely for nostalgia, humor, and the challenge of pulling it off, not because MTMTE is the pinnacle of Transformers fiction.

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I'm really not sure what you are asking.

Armada isn't G1- it's Armada. Different characters. Different motivations. Different story. It might be Transformers, but it's no more G1 than it is Animated.

Those extremes are what I call story change. Even if I go off my own "loose" standard as to consider AHM G1 simply because of the obvious G1 character ussage neither Armada or Movieverse come close.

So fine- it's not G1 because the story is different. But it aint Armada either.

So let me ask- lets say that the OP's proposal would kill of Mirage at the end instead of him parachuting out of the Decepticon ship... yet everything else up to that point stayed the same... would that be enough to consider it a new story and new continuity? Or if an Autobot spun out counter-clockwise in 1 scene instead of clockwise?

Not sarcastic, but serious. Just see'ing where your line is drawn.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Dont worry, I really wasnt looking for an answer.

I was just trying to point something out.

So fine- it's not G1 because the story is different. But it aint Armada either.
    Yes.

Mirage had apparances in other episodes...all of which would have to be altered.

Depends on wether the move is an essential part of the story.

Good question by the way.

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Your question was related to toys, not series. Pretty much every toyline since RiD, ESPECIALLY Energon, has been referential to G1.

In terms of story RiD, from the perspective of bringing the story back to earth, and bringing the Transformers back to mechanical alt modes (and cars for the purpose of the Autobots), was very much meant to be refertial to G1. Of course, at that point, ALL reinventions of the brand TRANSFORMERS were re-inventions of G1 (as Beast Wars was a continuation of the G1 continuity).

As for your continuity question, if Mirage died the show would be a new continuity, as it represents events from one series that cannot be applied to events in another. Hell, people would probably treat it as a different continuity anyway, even if nothing changed. But if all the OP was talking about is new animation and keeping the same voice track, would it even really be a re-imagining?

17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Except for 1 thing: we are only talking about re-animating MTMTE. The only real difference would be Mirage's line: "Sorry Prime... the ship was full". After that, there is no reason for MTMTE to proceed any different.

Show, toy, regardless: I just don't see it. They aren't G1. Just because they utilize the same idea doesn't make them the same. I mean, if someone wants to say Energon is just G1 re-make, it just doesn't fly with me.

AHM / CHUG are G1 re-imaginings... G1 is a part of Transformers and A/E/C are a part of Transformers... AEC are Transformers re-imaginings. The only way- as I see it- that A/E/C-RiD-Etc. are G1 re-imaginings is if the franchise is called G1. It's not. It's called TRANSFORMERS.

Or let me put it this way:

There was a time when G1 WAS Transformers (For the sake of easier conversation, we'll omit BW / BM). Then came RiD. At that point, Transformers was no longer G1. G1 became a part of Transformers just like how RiD became a part of Transformers.

That's why I can't / won't say that every line from RiD on is a re-invention of G1; every line from RiD on is merely a different spin on Transformers- the biger picture.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Of course theres reason for MTMTE to proceed differently.

Unless you dont mind fan boys complaining that no one, other autobots, acknowledged Mirages death in any way.

I for one am sick of hearing how there wasnt enough said by the other characters about Movie Jazz'es death.

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    This. And no Beast Wars too,

20. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    But would that be significant enough of a change? Or would it only be no more than the difference between an AutoBot spinning out in a different direction? And the last scene would still be the AutoBots prepping for the return trip to Cybertron (that never happens).

The way I see it... strictly speaking it might technically be a new continuity, but it wouldn't be drastic enough for most people to consider it anything but G1.

But there would always be that small minority that will declare that since Ironhide's red wasn't the exact same shade of red in 1 scene, then the whole thing is ka-put!