Would you like a new CGI version of 1984's More Than Meets The Eye?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Oct 30, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not into the Simpsons, so I have no idea what the heck went on there. But if we are talking along the lines of redoing stuff, The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler was no where as good as the original with Burt Reynolds. Same thing with Dukes of Hazzard, the new T.V. series sucked balls. And the whole "ruined my childhood" line was a joke. ;) 

If you are going to redo both the story and animation and you'd have to change the voices too since you are changing the story, then you are coming up with something brand new that isn't G1. Which is what Animated and Prime are.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Personally I'd like to see the entire series redone in CGI. Sound could be the same if fits and if it doesn't sound out of place.

3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

The MTMTE 3 parter is one of my all time favourite pilots to any series and yes, I would like to see the animation errors corrected. The G2 pilot was a reasonable attempt at this too. It's a shame that the rest of the cartoon didn't live up to the standard this pilot set.

No Kremzeek, No Primacron, No Alpha Trion/A3 would have suited me just fine. I do have a soft spot for Season 3 but Season 2 was mostly garbage.

If we're talking about redoing series, how about Animated? I do like it a lot but any screentime with any of the human villains was a sickening assault to the senses. Professor Princess, Angry Archer? WTF? People are constantly trashing ROTF and with good reason, but everyone has blinkers on when it comes to Animated. Sure it was mostly good but those human villains were an insult to anyone with a bit of intelligence. They were as crap as Kremzeek and Lord Chumley.

The labcoat footage from MTMTE need only be replaced with something like the Autobots in car mode in the facility's parking lot, transforming and running in2 battle.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Or look at the Star Trek Remastered.

The old series... I can't really look at it any more. However, since they Lucassed it it is a lot better to watch.

5. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

uhhhh no. I new version of the g1 show in animation and not cgi but with new episodes and audio and all that would be kinda cool.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    CGI? Not necessary. Better writing that's truer to the source material? Paramount.

7. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    As in 2-D vs. 3-D?
    Kind of like Disney's surprising "Princess and the Frog" vs. the 3D stuff over the recent years?

I think a CGI release would only differentiate American/European art style vs. Japanamation.

And it wouldn't be complete without including "Transport to Oblivion" and "Roll For It"

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And probably create new mess ups for fan boys to complain about.
    From what I remember it had an equal amount of praise and nays.

I agree with you.

But much of the Trekie fan base hated the remasters at first.

9. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

me too!

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I think it's a great idea. Todays kids have no idea what G1 is, so the stories would be new to them. Give a facelift to look new and the show we all fell in love with will capture the hearts of a whole new generation of kids.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    No thanks.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yes, I would like the animation replaced with CGI or any kind of modern animation for that matter. As was pointed out, it would freshen it up to attract new fans to a timeless show much like they did with Star Trek.

The only argument I've seen against this is that it's not necessary. I say it is not our role as fans to decide what is or isn't necessary. We don't own the property. So what exactly is the real downside for us as fans?

13. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Weird.
    Now, I don't frequent TREK fan blogs, but the 1 Trek blog that I did frequent had nothing but praise from talk-backers.

Usually, the only complaints that I recall were crticisms like seeing flats in certain cg models, why didn't they go a little farther?, etc.

The only problem I saw from fans was from the episode "The Doomsday Device", where the complaint was that it was too Star Wars and not slow naval ships.

14. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Nothing... which is why it surprises and saddens me for such negative opinions for an idea that isonly positive.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Which source material are you referring to?

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Marvel G1 and the original toy bios.

17. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Completely pointless idea, definite no!

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah. ... Meh.

The way I see it, though one media may beat another to first appearance, they are all 'original source material', developed in parallel. (Though Toy Bios probably have the best claim on original originalness) - All agreeing with and contradicting each other in equal parts.

19. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

This^

I may be interested in new traditional animation version. But, really what's the point?

20. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

I'm quite surprised at the negativity surrounding the idea...I'd love to see a CG reworking of MTMTE, myself, retaining the original basic story (with a much sharper script and a removal of - or fresh approach to - the 'duh, lab-coats?!?' aspects mentioned already), and with the opening sequences on Cybertron expanded to explain the conflict and participants a little better (maybe shifting the launch of the Ark towards the tail-end of the first ep, and the crash-landing on prehistoric Earth as the cliff-hanger).

Hmm... *wanders off, thinking* ;)