Would you like a Dreamwave continuation?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by TFFan01, Aug 13, 2017.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes.

37 vote(s)
    52.1%
  2. No.

34 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Serpent O.R. was from the Devil's Due Joe vs TF series. And Hearts of Steel was an IDW creation.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    No thanks. I haven't read everything from DW, but I've read the synopsis and it just didn't sound that great.

I did read WWI, and it had some neat ideas but it's not nearly as amazing as everyone makes it sound. More typical Furman style with a decent start that quickly devolves into nonsense.

3. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that I think of it, Devil's Due never had an actual proper ending as well! It was supposed to continue in later miniseries but they were all cancelled for legal reasons.

4. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

There are a few stories I'd be keen on seeing come out like this:
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Yeah, me too. Dreamwave was going from strength to strength at the time with many promising issues planned for release.

Because you're a Transformers fan.

Were Marvel fans also similarly confused with the regular main Marvel comics and the Ultimate Marvel comics alternate continuity being released side by side?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

No, but flipside, there were plenty who had interest in one or the other but not both, and Marvel is capable of handling far more titles at once.

Ult Marvel was intended something of a gateway with less continuity and it's own distinct, more cinematic feel.

Does Dreamwave really have such a different feel? Even in this thread opinions are split.

7. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter what Dreamwave HAD. An IDW continuation of the Dreamwave continuity shouldn't feel or look like the old Dreamwave comics; it would only have to continue the story. IDW can make such a continuity as different or as close as their main continuity as they wanted to.

BUT.... how about something different. What if the Dreamwave continuity was an alternate universe that the main crew of the Lost Light could travel to have adventures in... and even bring some of the Dreamwave characters back with them. Like Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GogoDG

GogoDG Come and help me somebody quicklyyyyyyahhhhhhh!

Twitter:
    I want two things, the War within: the Age of Wraith to be finished and to see the aforementioned "female introduction" story arc.

9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Possible, but if they're doing universe hopping, I'd rather see them make a new new one ala the functionists.

10. Bass X0

News Credits:
    And I'd rather see a return to the Dreamwave continuity which is only going to happen with crossover universe hopping, which isn't beyond the realms of capability for the Lost Light crew within the story.

I'd quite like for the Lost Light to hop to the Sunbow cartoon universe. It wouldn't change the events in the cartoon universe, but it would cause us to see some events differently. This would be Swerve from the Lost Light being trampled on.

[​IMG]

And this would be Tailgate from the Lost Light helping out the other Autobots. Neither Swerve or Tailgate would have counterparts in the Sunbow universe. Plus, some characters who just stop appearing in the cartoon for no reason could be taken back to the Lost Light after the end of their final appearance in the cartoon and continue their lives in the IDW universe.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Like, I'm not sure what adding DW characters specifically would add *story* wise besides some jokes and moments. Yea, the LL crew could be in these moments, but where does that serve their arc?

It'd seem like it'd be transitioning IDW to a multiverse hub home for wayward characters... but with the colonies and such, it's already a home for new versions of wayward

12. Bass X0

News Credits:
    Well, I'm a fan of Marvel's Exiles. I'd kinda like a Transformers version of that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Imperator

Imperator Combiner limb

I did back in 2005. It's been so long now I don't care.

14. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

EXiles was really cool... but with the issue that so much stuff is tied to our universe (Galactic Council, Cyberutopia, etc.) that I think they'd have to abandon a lot of the current universe's plotline to do so. Like, this'd be more about shifting the LL's focus heavily than telling a DW story.

15. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

I'd read transformers comics again. Pat Lee being a monster aside, DW was a fun time for TF comics. The art and coloring were miles above what we get now(with exception to Griffith and Milne) and the series was just getting good when the bankruptcy happened. I loved how it was all leading up to the 86 movie(like a nice season 2.5). And I'm pretty sure that at the time of the bankruptcy the G1 ongoing was still selling more copies than all 3 of IDWs monthlys sell combined.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the thing I hate the most about the modern comic art (exceptions aside), they all look sloppy and lazy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

I'd say no, at least the g1 portion. I liked the Micromasters, the first war within, and that panel where Ultra Magnus drives into Menasor's face. The rest is mostly forgettable.

I preferred their UT fiction, particularly Energon. I didn't care for the cartoons at all. I loved the crossover with the G1 Unicronians! Milne drew those? I thought his work looked familiar.

18. Ruizu1990

Ruizu1990 I'm a girl, not a boy.

News Credits:
    a big, damp, foggy island nor-noreast of Ushant
    Ebay:
    Maybe. Dreamwave did some things I liked but I wouldn't kill for a continuation or anything.

Also make sure that neither Pat Lee or his cruddy art style has anything to do with it. Sorry, not a fan of the marshmallow look.

19. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

but out if all the transformers artists Pat lee was the g1 that i remember, blocky bots notwithstanding. Perhaps the biggest thing for me is that he is the only artist to nail the g1 faces: Transformers do NOT HAVE TEETH and have rectangular noses!

20. Bass X0

News Credits:
    That's just Livio. Being a nice guy isn't worth anything if your work is sloppy in any job.