Would you kindly play Bioshock 2 and would you kindly use Spoiler Tags

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Anybody know if you can backtrack yet? I remember I missed one audio journal early on and now I'm not sure how to go back, help?

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    from everything i've read, you can't backtrack at all. Sorry man, your in the same boat with me.

3. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, are any other PC360 gamers having issues with the achievements showing up on their Live profile? I'm unlocking achievements, the GFWL thing says I have them, but when i turn on my Xbox, it says I haven't unlocked the achievements.

Dat frickin number isn't getting bigger dangit my e-manhood is at risk.

4. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I've had that happen with another game. It might just take a little time to kick in.

5. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Just finished the campaign a few minutes ago. Holy sweet hell, this game was incredible. I really liked Delta and his interactions with Eleanor and Sinclair. I did feel bad
    for Sinclair when he was turned into an Alpha Series,
    though.

Great ending too, IMO.

6. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well that's crap. That's one of the tings I loved about the first game. Aw well, ill just have to play through it again.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't agree more. It was every bit as good as the first. Anyone who refuses to play this game due to heresay about different development studios and in-fighting is severely missing out.

8. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, I literally just completed the game a few minutes ago. What ending did you get? I decided
    not to kill the little sisters so I got the good ending

9. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    It's a shame you can't backtrack because it'd be a bit of a laugh going around with
    Your own Big Sister/daughter

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. I freed all the Little Sisters and I did not kill Grace or the guy at the amusement park. Eleanor let Sofia live due to the way I acted through out the game, or so she said in the final scene.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm currently playing this game and I'm enjoying it more than the first installment! I salute those who can complete this game so soon!

12. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Just finished it and got
    The 'really good' ending (there's 4) I rescued all Little Sisters. Spared Grace but killed the reporter in the booth and Gil so I'm not sure how you get the good- ending.

I'm now looking forward to playing as a completely inhuman monster. :)  There's still part of me that is repulsed by harvesting the Little Sisters even though I know they're just a collection of pixels.

13. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Man, being 2010 and not being able to remap your controls is complete ass. You can remap them any way you want in MP but SP has three choices. I need A button to be Jump and Y button to be the context sensative button.

It also feels weird that you don't have regenerating health. I've died a few times already because I couldn't get to the med-kit in time. I wish it would auto-use like Eve does.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Colorblind hacking just outright sucks. Damnit Marin :( 

Otherwise, hell yeah this game is pretty awesome!

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Picked it up tuesday. I'm taking my time with single and enjoying multiplayer.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not too sure with regards to the alternate endings but I got a trophy for doing all of the "same" to all 3 characters. As hard as I tried, I couldn't see the "last" person you mentioned! LOL!

Yeah, at times I got the shoulder buttons mixed up! I also with the medical kit issue - at times the fighting can be so intense that I don't even have time to use them!

I'm curious but does the new hacking system cause problems for gamers who are "colour blind"? My bad as I don't what colour can't be seen - is it red?

Overall, its an amazing game - I would have gave it a 10 if it had an "epic" fight like in the previous game against Atlas!

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just finished Mass Effect 2 and started playing this. I have about 5 hours logged, but I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. The story didn't bring me in as much as the first one, and Lamb seems totally shoe horned in, since we never hear a peep about her in the first. I also feel the environment would have changed a bit more in the span of 10 years, as in no electricity and most of the splicers would have died out.

I also am not crazy about how crazed and strong the new splicers are, or that the game throws more at you constantly.

Not saying the game is bad, but certainly doesn't have the impact the first one had on me, even before all the story twists.

18. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I dropped down to easy, it seems to be the perfect way for me to play Bioshock. You just don't feel as strong as you should on Medium and Hard being a Big Daddy.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I felt this game was a massive improvement over the first. Everything I didn't like in the first was gone, replaced but more of what I liked. The story was better, and I actually finished the game this time. (still haven't beaten the first one) the end levels were really cool, too.

As with the last game,
    I spared everyone I could, including Gil, and indirectly saving Lamb as well.

I also found
    Delta to be a much more sympathetic character than the nameless, faceless, voicless dude from the first game. Mostly because Delta has an excuse why he doesn't speak, and the trauma at the beginning is a better motivator. And while you never see his face, you at least see him.

The
    underwater bits were very nice for little intermissions from the fighting, although one or two felt unfullfilled. I loved the beginning when that shark swims by, and before that the giant squid. Add the the steller view, just great. Simple, but great.

20. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you find adam outside? I only found a couple slugs