Would you kindly play Bioshock 2 and would you kindly use Spoiler Tags

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by seeker311, Mar 17, 2009.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    And some of ya doubted this game would be out this year. Just got my Game Informer and its scheduled to come out this fall. Love the concept of playing as the first Big Daddy and the introduction of the Big Sister.

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

It could still be pushed back. Give it time :lol 

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    It will most likely be coming out next year. GI's release dates aren't set in stone

I would love for it to come out this year though

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

dammit! it doesn't need a sequel, it was a great stand alone story.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, but doesn't part of you want more? And more? And more??? I know I do. And is this second game a sequel or is it a prequel/side story?

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    But it sold well, so it was to be expected.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

You can also just not buy it.

I will, however, be there day 1. This year is sequel heaven :3 :3 :3

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Bioshock? 2? Sold.

Loved the first one.

9. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Agreed. That and the gameplay itself was mediocre at best(save for some standout parts). The game completely fell apart in the latter levels too IMO.

10. smangerbot

i hate it when a game sells well publishers feel the need to go all wachowski on it. if i hear good things i might indulge, but otherwise this is just another fps.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

ITs a sequel; its set 10 years after the original.

12. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Other then its setting in Rapture the game really doesn't look to have much to do with the first one other then your actions from that game having some ramifications that lead into this one.

Your playing a new character, the first of the Big Daddy's in fact, which sounds interesting. And the primary antagonist is apparently a grown up little sister who had morphed into a kind of hybrid between the two. Sounds like in the begining your primary goal is simply to aquire the ADAM that you need to survive. But since your the first of your kind, a prototype really, you don't really fit into the ecosystem properly. You don't have your own little sister and have to take them from other Big Daddy's and acquire ADAM from them which brings the ire of the Big Sister who has become the defacto leader over the crumbling world.

Thats what I got from the Game Informer article at least. Looks pretty good and I'm definatley looking forward to it.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Okay, that clears up some questions. Perhaps first half of the game Prequel/ Second half continuation? Definitely glad I preordered.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will totally admit that I have a brain hemorrhage because this game (after buying it twice and renting it a third time) still manages to not impress me in the least. And I don't even mean ("well this part is cool but....") no, I just simply turn it off after playing it for about an hour.

The Setting of the game (as a big film noir buff) is amazing, but maybe it's just that with such an awesome design, I hate it being dumbed down to being a glorified FPS, feeling something like Deadspace style would work better, but it's not my game to decide that.

So without spoiling anything (even though I know the end), can someone tell me what is really the big deal about Half Life meets the 1930's (Crowbar and all)? And I mean, can someone really tell me (not being sarcastic), because I feel like everyone is into Highschool Musical, and I really want to be into it, but I just can't find the big deal...but I want to find the big deal so I can discuss it too :D 

I dunno, maybe now that it's discounted, I'll try it again, but if the sequel is released even near Uncharted's date, my choice was made the first time Nathan jumped off the airplane.

edit: is it kinda a "wait and see" sort of thing, where I have to give it a bit more time?

16. smangerbot

the story for the first one was fuckawesome, and for a fps it was fairly tight. other than that, you probably won't care too much...

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Story is good enough to convince me, but kinda like some books, it didn't grab me an hour or so into it, so I closed it, but if it gets RIDICULOUSLY good, then I would give it another shot.

The FPS elements felt like Halflife, even the crowbar swinging felt like I had taken a trip back to HL1, so that kinda made me say, "There has to be something else going on here because I'm playing any other FPS with the background swaped.".... which can be said about most games this generation, but nothing kept me going... :( 

18. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, the game is played like an FPS but so was Deus Ex. I felt more like a survival horror game to me. I couldn't just keep gunning down everyone because I wouldn't have enough bullets to do it. So I would switch to my handy wrench and had to use those plasmid powers to conserve shots. Sure I could buy ammo and that would keep for going for a little while but it wasnt enough.

EDIT: Doooooooo iiiiiiit......

19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finish the first one about two weeks ago I have to go back and finish up all the research on the enemies and beat it without using a vita chamber. All in all one of my favorite FPS's this year gonna harvest me all the sisters this time.:ev: 

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hey, hey, hey! Thats not right! It was a wrench :p