Would you have liked Unicron for TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Mar 24, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The Fallen, in the movies a member of the Dynasty of Primes, was in the comics a servant of Unicron the Chaos-Bringer. Apparently, when TFilm1/2 writers Orci and Kurtzman cast the Fallen in ROTF, it was a long-term strategy to have Unicron feature in the third film as a coming threat, forcing both Autobots and Decepticons to unite to stop him. Had this happened, TFilm3 would have been something like BLACK HORIZON (G.I. Joe vs. the Transformers: Black Horizon - Transformers Wiki), but without the Joes.

Instead, DOTM had Sentinel Prime and a space bridge to bring Cybertron to Earth; the Unicron storyline was used in TFPrime instead. I have mixed feelings about it: on the one hand, at least Unicron does not have to be the big bad game-changer for every series (G1, ARMADA, CYBERTRON, etc) and DOTM was strictly between Autobots and Decepticons; on the other hand, this scene is distinctly TFTM-esque: http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/0/0b/DOTMCybertrontransit.jpg and it is a shame that could not be a planet-devourer.

What do you think?

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

unicorn be in tf 4 and tf 3 movie came out on dvd all ready

3. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

No, he's a planet size eater, which is overrated, unless if he's like his Prime counterpart.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

NO

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Yes

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No. Bay would butcher the charecter, atleast get him to be a Parrallax at best villain.

7. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the film was going to be the last one and Unicron was depicted as a true, ultimate evil.

8. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    YES, of course

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Not for TF3, give him TF4, and have him to be voiced by Christopher Lee.

10. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    bob orci said he was interested in briging unicron for tf3. but as u know he left the movie continuty

11. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I hope they leave him out of the films, simply because of how they brought him out in Prime. I was really pleased with the story in TF3, and I hope that TF4 sees a new threat that has never been explored before.

12. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

:lol 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    No. I also would have rather not had Cybertron "pulled into Earth's orbit" either, but I digress . . . .

14. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

I do not believe they would do it well nor do the character justice.

15. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

How do you know he's gonna be in TF4? And that's not the point of the thread.... OP is saying IF he was in TF3. And I don't know who is this unicorn you keep talking about in TF4 threads.

16. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

No, not for any movie. He's a big ass con, and prime will deal with him just like the Driller.

Besides, if you think about it, it would be a waste of CGI. Give the screentime to someone that can actually move at a decent pace, and not just try and stomp on everything.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really. As epic a character as Unicron is, I'm sort of tired of him being this everpresent threat that many seem to think simply must be dealt with in every incarnation of transformers. I'd much rather see new stories and challenges for the heroes to overcome.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like see terrcons and technobots in tf 4 movie

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I know many people consider Unicron more of a Yawnicron now but I'd like to see him hit the live-action movies at some point.

As for DotM, it could've been a nice twist if when the pillars were activated it was Unicron that started to come through the Space Bridge rather than Cybertron. It could've even given one of the characters a nice twist that they'd been working for Unicron all along and had altered the pillars somehow to change what they transported from being Cybertron to being Unicron.

Could've been an extra twist to Sentinel if he'd been intending that and just telling Megatron he was bringing Cybertron to restore but was actually bringing Unicron to Earth to eat it. Perhaps Sentinel's original plan had been to bring Unicron to Cybertron with the pillars but then he got shot out of the sky as normal and decided Earth was a much better snack for his hungry master than a now-dead Cybertron.

Or perhaps it's Megatron as herald of Unicron, tricking Sentinel into using the pillars with promise of restoring Cybertron. Megatron has enough plans in the BayVerse mix that twisting it to include one more ultimate one wouldn't hurt.

Or even further, have Laserbeak be Unicron's herald. He'd be the Sideways of the BayVerse and all his sneaking around manipulating people (even Soundwave, the one closest to him) to bring things together over the centuries to get his master Unicron to a new meal had been the plan all along. It would be interesting that such a small TF is actually the real plotter behind the danger in all three movies. As Unicron starts to emerge through the Space Bridge he takes control of all the Decepticon forces (except Megatron, whose mind is resistant because half his brain is damaged) so the good guys still have loads of evil robots to fight while trying to shut down the Space Bridge.

Then closing the Space Bridge as Unicron is halfway through it cuts the planet eater in half which weakens him enough for a big battle on his surface in Earth orbit with Sentinel and Megatron teaming up with Optimus/Autobots and the humans in the fight against a common threat. Unicron is defeated, perhaps by Optimus (or *shudder* Sam) using the Matrix to stab Unicron's spark. And using the bits left over from the defeated Unicron the Transformers can all go home and rebuild and restore Cybertron. Except Bumblebee, who stays on Earth with Sam and is Best Man at the wedding of Sam and Carly as the credits roll. And as Carly says 'I do' she also whispers in Sam's ear 'I'm pregnant'.

Wheelie and Brains (excited at this news): "We're having a protoform!"