would you have liked starscream to join the autobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Nov 9, 2011.

1. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    Um... uh.... possibly. If they are then Bumblebee would be like "ew Arcee he's your brother." when he walked to see what she was doing. (I am refranceing when she had SS pinned)

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Oh boy!:lol  That'll really freak out Arcee a lot!!!

3. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

No, it would just be like Armada all over again.

4. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think so.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah me too.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Decepticons will always be a Decepticons unless he is Double Dealer,LOL

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I would have liked it, but only if it was temporary. I think it could have provided excellent development of some of the characters.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream turning into a good guy can actually be considered fairly new development. Armada tried to do it, and I'd like to say that it was one of the few new and interesting things done by Armada. But the sequels to Armada kind of wrecked that develoment. Also Armada is disliked or unknown to a lot of people due it being part of the Unicron trilogy, hence for a lot of people, they would've never thought of Starscream being a good guy. Another thing is that Prime's Starscream is different from his Armada incarnation, making any change in his character less straightforward and possibly with more twists and turns.

Starscream going rogue isn't as new as we think. In Animated, Starscream went rogue. He challenged Megatron to a few battles and built himself an army of clones. The same goes for Transformers Cybertron , he went rogue there as well. Even challenging Megatron/Galvatron from time to time, complete with super moves. Didn't he go rogue in a few episodes of G1 as well, where he made the Combaticons. He can be considered a rogue agent as well when he became a ghost, he ended up working to get Unicron back to his feet. He's already formed his own separatist Decepticon army in Dreamwavecomics only to be forced back into service of Megatron.

With the different times Starscream went rogue and betrayed Megatron what can be written that hasn't at least partly been delved in before. If they want to try something new, maybe they can push Starscream into the path of understanding and redemption.

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

The problem is, TFP Starscream hasn´t any redeeming qualities to begin with; he is much like the Animated version, except maybe more competent.

While even Breakdown hesitated in attacking Bulkhead after he rescued him from MECH, I don´t see SS even having a "Pet the Dog" moment. There is a difference between character growing and out-of-character.

10. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I find ironic the fact that while TFP StarScream is a lot more interesting and successful than the animated Starscream, he also seems a lot weaker. The Animated Starscream could fight Megatron effectively; TFP Screamer doesn't even finch him.

Then again, he hasn't ever tried, has he? But the fact that Bulkhead and Arachnid own him (plus the fact that he has the upper hand only when fighting handicapped opponents) make me question his combat ability. I'm afraid that Starscream has a glassy glassy glass jaw in this series ...

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    For the people who were mad about Arcee driving Starscream off because of her little revenge fit. What she done was very foolish yes but think about what was Starscream's true intentions were first. If he was really eager into joining the Autobots and sencre enough to make amends he would have never listened to Arcee when she forced him to free himself,he would have never tried to kill her in cold blood even if he was free. He might have even apologized to her and beg her forgiveness even if she didn't forgive him. The fact that he DID tried to kill her to save his own hide just proves the point further he IS an opertunest through and through and even if Arcee didn't go beserk on him he'd still would have backstabbed the Autobots for his own goals. And Arcee's not the only one with this vengeful problem either. Remmember how Ratchet went on about getting Megatron in Faster Stonger and try to do so in a reckless fasion? The Autobots were lucky Ratchet survied that encounter and luckier still that the Decepticons did'nt retailate in response.

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I've already read such a conclusion regarding Starscream. But I've already stated my thoughts in the matter:

I'm a person who wants to see whether or not a person can actually change.

13. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Starscream is WAY too unpredictable...if he joined the Autobots he would NOT mean it! :lol 

14. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

Nonetheless allmost all the versions of Starcream have one thing in common and that's they are unpredictable. G1 & TF:p  are very much alike and allways liked them for that. Offcourse Megatron could have destroyed him for all his lies and dirty tricks but somehow the both of them can't really live without each other. That would ruin the setting.
    Starscream is a Decepticon to his core, never will he join the Autobots!!!

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Precisley!