Would you give hasbro a bail-out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Would you give hasbro a bail-out?

Poll closed Jan 29, 2009.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    No,

I can name at least 10 other things that need a bailout first.

At the end of the day they are just toys.

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :gen069:  :lol 
    but good point

3. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    I too wouldn't give em a bailout...It'd break me of my addiction to Hasbro's lines for sure....

Yeah there are a few other things that need that money more than Hasbro would.

4. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I think I would, but for sentimental reasons.....after all, they are the only company that are listening to fans right now.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I can see it in the headlines now..."President Obama apologizes to the eldery for cutting medicare, says there is a toy company that needs the money way more."

And how would helping Hasbro help our failing economy?

6. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

umm wot

7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Company fails, jobs are lost, people don't buy things, inflation goes up, all hell brakes loose, the south sucseeds from the union, Canada attacks, we launch a nuke in defence, I dunno something with Russia, and then jesus comes from the dead and kills us. (we think it's crazy too)

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    unlike the world series of base ball the global economic down turn is actually global and its not just the US bailing out failing company's.

On topic I'd have to say no IF Hasbro were failing I'd have to wonder WTF did they do to GIJoe, TF's, StarWars and their other big brands to totally loose their customers? they would have to be making some utter sh*t that's bad quality for years before they went under and if that were the case I'd say good luck to who ever picks up the scraps.

Also if Hasbro did go to the dogs is TakaraTomy being in total control of TF's a bad thing? I'd say no for the most part.

As for jobs being lost a few designers and marketing guys wont be missed after all the toys are all made in China and the same factory's make other products.

9. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Wouldn't it be more effective to simply buy their products?

I'd probably buy some Universe figures I wouldn't have purchased otherwise.

10. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Well considering the current companies who are getting bailout money are just blowing it on holidays at expensive resorts and 50 million dollar private jets to maintain their rich lifestyle, I'd actualy rather the money went to Hasbro if they were in trouble as at least they'd do something productive with it...

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if it guarantees three more years of Animated.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    *Looks round my room*
    *looks at my wallet*
    You're in the US, right? You have NO idea, smiler.

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, if you're a dumb ass CEO that can't run a company then it's your own damn fault. The big three shouldn't get bailed out either. If Hasbro went under then too bad.

Oh and people not buying things doesn't lead to inflation.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no, that would be a result of all the crap QC issues we are getting now, and the government bailing out a company doesn't guarantee saved jobs, they bailed out my old company with $125 million, and they cut their workforce anyways, so no, even if the toys were built here, wouldn't do any good, as for the big 3 same issues, japanese cars have a much higher standard for quality, the american cars are built to wear out so they got more money from the consumer, now that people realized that and started buying japanese, the big three are hurting, it's their own fault, not the governments, and they won't get the trust back that they had years ago, because of what they did......sorry about the rant, lol

15. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Not what I expected either, and frankly, the fact that over half said they'd support a bailout disturbs me. But I'm going to assume those who voted yes did so jokingly.

The whole point of a bailout is to help the overall economy, not really to help people keep their jobs, and certainly not to continue a specific company's service. A bailout would mean that not just fans, but all Americans would be giving their money to a bunch of Chinese factory workers. Thus taking MORE money out of American pockets and actually hurting the US economy much more than helping it. To want a bailout simply so we could keep buying our toys would be selfish.

Personally I don't think a bailout is, under any circumstances, a wise decision. Any company with a large enough number of employees to even make a bailout worth mentioning has obviously done at least well enough to have a CEO who's swimming in earnings. Whenever potential for a bailout emerges, the fault is ALWAYS in the hands of greedy, sneaky CEOs. Those people are never going to cut their own salaries to put money into improving services, therefore there is no hope for a successful bailout, and they're only going to ask for more money when they find themselves in more trouble. As the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and we're all f--ked."

16. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Rather than give them a bailout, I would award them a military contract to repurpose the NERF gun design team to designing plastic wepons for the army.

...how awesome would that be?

EDIT: Shouldn't this be in the Toyark section?

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I was typing a response, but then I saw this.

I agree with this guy. He said it much more eloquently than I was trying to.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely not. If Hasbro was going under for whatever reason, it would be their own fault. Money shouldn't be seized from American taxpayers to repair the mistakes of any private entity.

In terms of Transformers, given the popularity of the brand right now, I'm pretty sure that someone else would snap up the rights (if not much of the creative team) if Hasbro went under and the line would continue without much incident.

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Simply put,

fuck no. They're a toy company for crying out. And people that seriously voted yes need to get some perspective.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yes. The American taxpayer should totally support my hobby. And it might stop them bailing out crappy car companies. Your car company is going under? Try making better cars.