Would you display a broken toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ThatOneBot, Mar 19, 2017.

?

Would you display a broken figure?

1. yes

32 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. maybe

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

all my figures are on display. including my broken ones.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:
    It depends.

3. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure. Its called battle damage.

• Like Like x 4
  4. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Well if it's not obvious it's broken and still transforms just fine... I guess I'll display it anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i have a no wear near complete tryptacon on my shelf i plan to replace him with titian class verson when it comes out, but in the mean time he sits there, ive never been to worried about somethings but missing a arm or something like that really bugs the crap out of me and i will hunt out a new verson of the toy, then place the old one in a toy box to be pulled out for my child or his friends

• Like Like x 1
  6. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

14900653694071985576178.jpg I figured displaying Grimlock like this was relatively armless.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

Mine too! The piece holding on his backpack became pieces the day I got him. It still hangs off the back when he's standing so he looks cool as long as I don't move him much. And forget about transforming him.

8. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

i got a Deszaras in 2009 for about $35 with shipping, no accessories, some blemishes and some breakage on his spikes. for rarity and price of the figure, of course he'll be displayed.

IMO it really depends on break, figure rarity and sentimentality...so all of those damaged childhood treasures should be on display

-

• Like Like x 1
  9. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

1490067177575-2083579667.jpg Springer is missing all kinds of parts, including his head. He gets a spot on Ratchets medic table.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ampere

Ampere One bolt shy

Totally if they still look pretty good in bot-mode. Worst offenders in my collection are my Unicron Trilogy toys. They're not in the best of shape as literally all of them have been thrift finds or given to me. They're rough but I love them. I don't intend on getting replacements unless one happens to fall into my lap. For sentimental reasons I even keep out a Unicron that is missing literally everything that wasn't nailed down to him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:

Now that's a way to display! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

I guess it depends on the break and if I can do enough mental gymnastics to convince myself it gives it character. Hasn't been the case so far unfortunately. A door on Cybertron Excellion broke off and he's been in storage since. Same for HFTD Brimstone, but he was a lot worse (an entire arm broke off at the ball joint)

On the other hand, sometimes I can fix some of the breaks, like with Bombshell and Cosmos. Thankfully one is still in stock at HTS as far as I know, and the other is getting reissued.

13. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on the breakage. If it's minor and barely noticeable, I'd still display the figure. If it can be repaired, I'll fix it and still display it. But if the damage is too major, it's back to the box for that figure.

All my Macross figures have broken parts that have been repaired and they all are on display.

14. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yeah sure, whatever. They're toys.

15. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I have a semi-broken toy on display right now, actually! Many years ago, I found a G1 Misfire complete with Aimless at a flea market for $35. The catch was that the leg clip on Aimless had cracked at some point. So I bought them and fixed poor Aimless up with some superglue and sanding. You can't even see the fix at a distance. He can't really transform well but it's not like G1 Targetmasters have super-compelling transformations anyway. So he lives on in gun mode.

Maybe it's me being a sentimental old dork, but I felt I had to give them a good home.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 All Around Nice Guy who doesnt like soccer

Ebay:
    with my original collection stuff, the few things i have left i'll display if they arent complete, but i dont really have anything broken aside for GPS victims. and most of those I threw out. New stuff, i'll just replace

17. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron Great Again!

If it still looks good cosmetically, sure. If it's ravaged to pieces, then probably not. I don't have any of my original G1 bots or cons on display because most are FUBAR. I was 12 when I got most of my toys and I transformed them over 1000 times. The only ones that I'd even think about displaying are Bee, Windcharger and Cliffjumper. Since they're minibots, they don't have a ton of moving parts and stayed in tact over the years.

18. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    If the break is minor, then yes. Like many, I draw the line on broken limbs, etc. Although I did display a Headmaster without his head for awhile.

19. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

Sometimes. If it's minor, I'd keep it displayed. But, most of my figures are in good condition, in spite of the fact I am a collector like you.

20. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    My first TF was Powerlinx Armada Cyclonus. I've long lost Crumplezone(Anyone got a spare?) and the friction has long left his torso, but once I finish moving he will have a proud, though slightly limp, spot on my shelf.