would you date someone without a cell phone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Sep 12, 2008.

1. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

There is overwhelming proof. He fired me right after my FMLA expired, which I shouldn't have been on in the first place. They tried to get out of paying my unemployment, but Legal Aid stepped in and the trial lawyer said he did break laws.
    He's always been unjust to all of his employees. He will be talking to my lawyer soon.

2. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

You sick bastard. What did microwaves ever do to you? haha

3. Sunstar

Sunstar All Hail Lord Starscream

I met my husband through the computer. I do use it for a l ot of research when it comes to mantaining aquariua.

It was a glorified popcorn maker. When it broke down, I couldn't be bothered replacing it. I like popcorn, but not that much

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

That is the stupidest advice I have ever heard. I took post secondary education at a Business & Career College already, got honors. But taking four to five years out of my life at school when my ability to grasp everything has always seemed impaired and my High School marks wouldn't be very optimistic from any potential colleges POV it's really not going to help. Not everybody is capable or even willing to continue with school, I know it could help me score a decent type of employment, but that is just a pipe dream at best in this day and age. All employers care about is the bottome line, AKA the all mighty dollar. I had two jobs so far this year and both of them fired me after two weeks, one because I'm no good on the phones or calling up deadbeat clients and sounding threatening enough to ensure the collections for unpaid bills take. And the other, from Wal-Mart, because of my complete lack of social graces, I mean seriously F***ing we'll hire anybody including over seventy retirees Wal-Mart fired me because I have problems makng eye contact, looking like I'm talking and paying attention to the so-called customers and who knows what other BS reason they wanted to use. It takes me at least a few months to become comfortable in any work environment to actually show some social graces, but a place like Wal-Mart doesn't give a damn about those kind of situations. If you can't please #1 The Customers to their sense of satisfaction then you get kicked to the curb.

College is not the answer to my dating scene woes, a complete lifestyle overhaul might be, but I find myself looking at the way things are and the way things could become and how much effort is needed to make them that way and I continue to balk at the prospect. It just seems like utter failure is a given no matter how hard I try.

5. Shipwreck

How else do you not thoroughly heat up left overs at 1 am?

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Go live in a van down by the river.

There, now you've heard stupider advice.

7. Sunstar

Sunstar All Hail Lord Starscream

I don't. I give them to my husband to not throughly heat up at work. Otherwise, I'm chomping on a carrot at 1am.

8. Scrapper6

And I suppose that makes you clever? :D  Ugh, I don't know why I'm complaining I'm relatively happy with my life, sometimes I guess you just need to vent. And now I'm done, if you'll excuse me I have far more intelligent passtimes to be indulging in.

9. Shipwreck

negative nancy cool your jets. You get dropped off at one of them washy washy Asian massage parlors and get a happy ending and release some of that pent up stress and agression.

10. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Since cell phones have become about as much of a necessity as a driver's license these days, I usually tend to question the bearing of a woman without one.

I tend to be attracted to girls who are more outgoing, social, confident and ambitious. I don't see a woman without a cell phone in this day and age exibiting many of these qualities.

So No, I wouldn't date one unless she had the aforementioned qualities and just couldn't afford one because she was broke paying her way through school or something...in which case if I was going to date her I would buy her a cell phone and help her pay her monthly phone bill. That's Rare.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i dated someone who didn't have a cellphone....but she did have a pager....

we both actually have pagers....it might be a work pager, but like everyone else, we also use it for personal use too :) 

12. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

:lol 

13. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

QFT!

14. Scrapper6

I don't see how that could be the case foolish one after all I have no intentions of ever owning a car, it's public transit for me or rides from willing individuals and so far that means either my parents or my brother. Therefore yes, the meetings are important Jacka$$.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's not important enough for you to ensure you have guaranteed transportation, I don't think it is. But to be fair, give us some examples of the important ones?

Also, I heart you for calling me "foolish one." See, I've even changed my user title!

16. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If I don't see you wearing a "Foolish one" t-shirt at botcon, I will be greatly disappointed.

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I was hoping someone would add 1 and 1 and say something about my other recent post here. The one about a book.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Just because you have a cell phone doesn't mean you have to answer the damn thing. I screen a lot of my calls, because most of them turn out to be less important than what I'm doing. Works just fine.

And until I can text photos of my dong to a land line, my gal needs to have a celly.

19. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I have a cell phone but, barely use it. It sits in my jacket pocket on the back of my door. The only time it is used is when I want to call a store that is local due to being put on hold. That reminds me I have to put money on it by Nov before it gets shut off. As for the posters question I would date someone without a cell phone only because to me thier more of a(n) aggravation than a convenience.

20. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I can't imagine not having mine. I rarely use it, but it's nice to have when my car acts up and I'm stranded somewhere. Taking random pictures with your phone is always fun too.