Would you continue to go to Botcon if it's repetitvely in the same location?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, Jun 12, 2011.

?

Would you go to Botcon in a repetitvely city?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2011.
  1. yes

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. no

52 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    We know if you are from California you will say yes. It would be hard for me to say yes because of how much it cost for airfair. As well i don't want to visit Ca. that many times it would be nice to see other cities. So i hope Fun Pub doens't sell out to Hasbro and do it in Ca. all the time.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Actually a LOT of the Californians I've talked to have said we DON'T want it every year, variety is the spice of life and personally I'm about Pasadena'd out (Felt the same way about Chicago back when they had a few in a short ammount of time.) I want to see new places :)  I'd love to see a return to California for an SF convention, but even THEN not for 5-6 years :) 

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I've never been to BotCon before, and I certainly would like to attend it someday, but if it ends up staying in Pasadena, CA then I'm just going to forget about ever going. There's no way I could afford to make such a trip to the West Coast.

Personally, I'd rather if BotCon kept moving around the country. Granted, I probably won't be able to afford go attend BotCon yearly, but I would have a better chance at affording to attend BotCon if it was held within the East Coast and the Midwest than the West Coast.

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Sorry, CA is ideal for me, I'm in Phoenix and I grew up in Huntington Beach so it's a no-brainer for me.

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Would I go? Yes, it's BotCon and I love seeing friends every year.

Would I be happy over the situation? Probably not.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd be glad if it stayed in this wonderful Golden State.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nope. Just no.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd go to any future Botcons held in Pasadena but I wouldn't want it there every year, no matter how much I love the place. East Coast somewhere would be good; also a lot cheaper.
    Unless it's Disneyland again, in which case no way. WAY too expensive.

9. Lady Autocon

Lady Autocon Miss Mustang

No. With the current money issues, No. It should go around the country then people like me who have never been to one and would really like to go, can go and enjoy it rather than just one area getting all the love.

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Nope. Botcon is the only vacation I go on each year and I like going to new places.

11. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I will attend Botcon no matter where it's held in the country, because I enjoy the con so much. But the money I spend on airfare comes directly out of what I have to spend on other TF merch, so FunPub/Hasbro isn't really gaining anything.

12. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    That REALLY depends on the city. Like if it was Disney every year I would say F-no.

13. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I am sooooo sick of California. Not trying to offend anyone as a whole bunch of my buds live there. It's just time to move on.

14. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Living about 45min away from Pasadena, im biased.:thumb 

15. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    Like to visit new places. Love Pasadena because the ice rink is next door and the arrangements are great.

I would NOT attend every year if it was always in the same place especially Disney (too f****** expensive). Would not attend every year if it was always West Coast or East Coast as it is not always feasible to cut costs by staying with someone or losing the option to drive from the MidWest if its too far.

The big suggestion is this: set a schedule of some predictability to set up the cost structure up for each fan.

One year - East Coast (NOT Disney)
    Next year - Pasadena, California
    Third year (which 2012 would be considered) - midwest such as Louisville, Lexington, northern Kentucky, or a city between Dayton, Ohio and Cincinnati, Ohio (plenty of great locations with plenty of access and space without the hassle, crime, or stench of the big cities)

For example, Sharonville, Ohio has a great convention center and has easy access to hotels, entertainment, highways, and food. It would have made a much better place for the 2008 Cincinnati BotCon than staying downtown, and it would still have been considered 'Greater Cincinnati' area. It is just as convenient to drive there from Tennessee or Detroit as if you would have driven to Cincinnati downtown itself.

If BotCon starts messing with the cost structure of the average fan too much, look for more local conventions or other choices to be made. Based on next year's choices, I am looking at MetroCon, E3, TFCon, and other conventions if I can't afford vacationing where BotCon is picked. Would love to attend next year. The fact also is the HOF ceremony was disappointing so I am taking this into consideration too.

Paul, Gregg, Michael, Zach, Cody, Bernard, Veronika, and many others are wonderful, and I want to see them. I just see location and cost impacting the BotCon location a lot for both FunPub and the average fan.

Lastly, I am seeing Hasbro taking over the convention. Although I was unable to attend the early shows, I don't want it to become "HasbroCon" or "BroCon". If we do that, we might as well let JoeCon, JemCon, PonyCon, and the rest of the Hasbro related cons merge into "MonoPolyCon." LOL LMAO

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    from a int perspectiv it should need to change location. I dont know when and if I ever go to one again but it surley is better for them to move around.

17. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    washington d.c. has a nice convention center and plenty of tourist attractions......just saying :wink: 

18. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    i am just saying it should be in the mid west or south not b/c i live in arkansas b/c i could drive and save money from airfair and it's ONLY FAIR to everyone else who cant afford to fly far away so people in Ca. just think if it was on the other coast would you be this happy now ....i didnt think so

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Moving away from Pasadena would hopefully get us away from these add-on nighttime events of debatable quality and worth. But it's obvious that they're driving after the walk-in dollar, so I expect many more Cali shows.

Still, I'll continue to go, especially if it's in areas where we can make it a part of a larger family vacation.

20. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd like for them to alternate between two set locations. One east coast/east half (D.C.? Norfolk? Orlando? Nashville?) and one West Coast (Pasadena, more than likely).