Would you compare DOTM Sentinel Prime to Animated Sentinel Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I remember a while ago I posted a topic asking about if Sentinel Prime was going to be like Animated Sentinel Prime and you all said no, he is father like. Yet in the movie he was all stubern, cruel to humans and only cared for himself, just like that Animated Sentinel Prime.

Two words to decribe both Sentinel Primes...

Jerk face

2. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

not really. they're both not likable characters, but i think Movie Sentinel is a deeper character than Animated, and he did at one point have a repore with Optimus, unlike Animated

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    They're both assholes that did pretty radical stuff. But they did it with their best intentions. They both made deals with some pretty big antagonists to achieve their goals. Movie Sentinel with Megatron, Animated Sentinel with Lockdown. They were both really good friends with Optimus in the past, and neither of them can stand humans. They both used a sword and shield, they talked down to Optimus...
    But Animated Sentinel would never kill a teammate, so there's that as well.

So yeah, they're suprisingly similar in a lot of aspects.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  4. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    No.
    Ani. Sentinel is a douche while Movie SP is anti/tragic hero

also,he didn't care only about himself!he cared about Cybertron,his ,and other robots' home,that's why he betrayed Optimus and worked with Megatron.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Nope. DOTM Sentinel Prime is nowhere near being the jerk that Animated Sentinel Prime was. So I wouldn't compare his DOTM incarnation with his Animated incarnation.

I wouldn't say that DOTM Sentinel Prime only cared for himself. He was doing what he believed was the right thing to save Cybertron and his race as a whole, although what he did was wrong. And how was he stubborn and cruel to humans?

6. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Well gosh, he wanted to enslave all of us. That's not very nice now is it?
    And Animated Sentinel Prime cared about others as well. You'd have to be blind not to see that.

7. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Movie Sentinel is a bigger dick that's harder to beat.

8. AMG

AMG Old School

No, I can't see the comparison. Animated SP was a self serving egomaniac. Movie SP was trying to save his species at any cost.

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Hiraga has listed everything I would want to say about both Sentinels. They're very similar, corrupt leaders who are out for the best for Cybertron, but they are complete dicks. They had a history with Optimus, only to ruin it and become rivals/enemies. Remember, Sentinel was willing to kill Blackarachnia, his old girlfriend, just because of how she looked, and made deals with Lockdown. DOTM Sentinel was willing to kill all Autobots in his way and massacure a planet of humans. Yet they both believe that they are working for the greater good.

So yes they are very similar, though I'm inclined to believe Animated Sentinel was a bit less murderous then DOTM Sentinel.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Pretty much what Hiraga said. Both were close to Optimus in the past, both have little regard for humans and considered their own race to be superior or more important, both betrayed Optimus in some way, both had their own ideas of what was best for Cybertron and made bad choices because of it, and both made deals with enemies. So similar character traits, but quite different appearances. Plus, DOTM Sentinel was Optimus' senior and elder.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It would seem that a trend to make all Sentinel Primes assholes might be starting. :lol 

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    They have similar foundations but not similar personalities.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I'm thinking Ehren Kruger combined aspects of G1 comics and Animated Sentinel Prime when conceiving DOTM Sentinel: being Optimus' predecessor (from G1 Comics) and his rival (from Animated).

14. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM Sentinel Prime had the best intentions for Cybertron and his race and was willing to sacrafice anything to save them. I still hate him though....

Animated Sentinel Prime was only out for his own self and didn't seem to care about anything else other than that...plus he seemed kinda dumb...hard to believe he was next in line after Ultra Magnus...says a lot about the Autobot Elite Guard.

15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Ditto, but Animated Sentinel used a Lance not a Sword thing.

16. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Really? I don't think people are seeing that DOTM Sentinel Prime looks more like Alpha Trion and was Prime's Mentor...That's who he is like

17. TheMixmaster

TheMixmaster Master of Mixin

Two Words to describe both of them?

"Unintentional Dickhead".

18. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    'Nuff said.

19. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Assholes no. Flawed yes.

This portrayal of Sentinel Prime being flawed began with Dreamwave's portrayal that Sentinel Prime was a pacifist.

IDW's portrayal of Sentinel Prime was while a hell of a lot better than the senate was out of touch with the masses.

Other portrayal like Zeta Prime and Exodus Sentinel Prime show a bit of arrogance that was their downfall.

That said Animated Sentinel Prime fits the classic Decepticon persona yet chooses to be an Autobot. Already he is in conflict with the civilian portion of Autobot society.

DOTM Sentinel Prime is what Optimus Prime would've become if he accepted Megatron's offer in ROTF. No wonder Optimus "refused" Megatron in DOTM.

20. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

this