Would you change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Sep 14, 2007.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Just don't mention that you collect or show your collection until your pretty positive that the girl likes you for you if your that worried about it.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Some chicks have a nerd hidden deep inside and won't feel comfortable until they have the guts to tell you what they're about.
    Then you show them your toys and it's easier for them to be themselves afterwards.

I wonder what dudes think when their gf's have a TF collection?

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Just make fun of how many shoes she has if she gives you shit about Transformers.

4. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say that when you do meet a nice girl and start talking to her, openly confess as soon as possible that you collect "toys". If she calls you a nerd and leaves, she's a shallow ass that doesn't deserve you. But if she doesn't care or seems interested, you might have the fish on the hook ;) 

That's at least how I would do things... although taking advice from someone with 0% experience with love might be a bit of a gamble.

5. Foster

News Credits:
    :lol  I wouldn't let my gal spend the night until she could name all five Dinobots on my TV. Then I transformed them and mixed up the order and made her do it again.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man you should write a how-to book on the romancing, would definitely be a best seller

7. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

You know, I went out with a chick a couple months ago and I was straight up honest from the get go - I like giant robot stuff. And guess what happened? We went and saw Transformers after dinner on our first date per her suggestion.

People don't have to like what you like, but they should respect your personal interests. Now, what's the difference between a little girl who collects Barbie stuff and an adult who goes shopping for herself?

Answer: The adult has become her own Barbie.

:drunk 

8. Foster

News Credits:
    "Making her Butthole Wet and Other Practical Advice for the Non-Date Rapist," on shelves this Valentine's! Meet the author at his Botcon book signing!

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

[​IMG]

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Never EVER waste your time on a girl that you feel you have to be anything but yourself for.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's a win-win XD

While I do get wierd looks (quite frequently), my girlfriend still supports whatever I do and I support whatever she does...

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think one needs to be willing to change a bit for the sake of a relationship, but it depends on the circumstances. If it's the very beginning of a relationship and she can't get past your TF collection, there'd probably be other issues come up soon enough to drive her away anyway. If it's just a casual relationship and she wants you to sell your TF collection, provide her with a detailed map to the door. However, if it's a stable relationship that's been going on for awhile and she's asking you to sell them, it might not be a bad idea to find out why she's making the request and discuss a potential compromise.

Wait, so is that intended to be advice for guys who don't commit date rape (the Non-Date Rapist) or for those who will commit rape, but not on dates (the Non-Date Rapist)? Seems to be a distinction that could impact the book's potential target audience.

13. Foster

News Credits:
    I'll dedicate a chapter to each topic. I'd think even rapists could use some better first lines. Maybe non-date rapists are that way because they simply can't get dates. Either way, my book is here to help.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With fosterlager's teachings, rapists will become no more. The women will always come flocking no matter what. All sexual activity will be consensual.

A fosterlager world...is a better world

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh snap!

16. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT.
    If she doesn't like you for who you are, there's nothing there. And while you're busy pretending to be what you're not (or not be what you are, that is to say, a TF fan) to impress a girl like that, a girl who would like you for who you are might be turned off by who you're pretending to be.

17. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

My husband is older than I am. I am 23 and have a huge Sailor Moon collection. He doesn't like it but he doesn't care that I like it because he loves me for who I am, not for what I like.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Don't sell it,you have alot of rare figures,You're friends are really jealous of your Collection.You have the best Collection here on the boards,I really envy Botcon Apelinq.

19. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

Love is LOVE it's as simple as that. I don't care what interest you have (collecting Transformers or otherwise) people, guys and girls alike. Need to accept people for the way they are and their hobbies, and not expect them to change.

I'm a woman, I collect some of the figures, I love video games, I draw constantly. If I ever did get involved with a man (when Hell freezes over). Those are things he would have to learn to accept (then again I don't think many guys would have a problem with a gamer for a girlfriend XD). There is my art, and my pets; come before anything else. While I'd love the guy to pieces. I would need time alone to create. Or else he'll see a nasty nasty cranky side of me. Hell if I met a guy who collected the TFs as much as some of you do (man I hope you guys have your collections insured o_o.) I'd never think he was childish. Hell- I'd be asking about which character was what, and what their personality traits were. And geeking it out right along side with him.

20. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

QFT. That goes for the opposite gender too.