Would you change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Sep 14, 2007.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Last night, my friends and I had an argument about relationships. Point is that we were talking about the first impresion that my colection would cause on a gir. They said that it would lead her to think that I was an immature SOB despite any efforte to prove otherwise. They also siad that if she told me to get rid of my colection I would do so. Point is would you change that? Or tell her to acept you as you are?

2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    A girl who love you will love you for who you are (tongue twister, eh?), so keep collecting.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You shouldn't have to change for someone, if they can't accept you as is, then they're not the one for you.

Your friends sound like pricks by the way, they're being just as judgmental as the type of girl they're describing to you. It doesn't matter if there's people out there that'll think you're "immature" for collecting toys - fuck em! Find a girl that thinks it's cool, they're out there too.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, you definitely would want a girl who thinks your collection is cool, or just doesn't think anything of it at all. You know collecting is your thing, it's what you enjoy doing.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've done this; I sold off a load of GI Joe toys for a girlfriend once. I've also tried changing other aspects of myself for other people.
    And my considered advice to you, based on my experience?

Tell your friends to shut the fuck up and stay who you are. YOU will not be happy otherwise.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think its cool if you stick to your guns.

but once you start to find fembots a turn on thats prolly a good sign to dump your collection. if not then its all good.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Don't change for anyone. If they can not accept you and you collection then they are not worth your time, and neither are your friends for that matter. I'm sure they have something about them that, the same thing they are saying about you, could be said about.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

No they are not. They would take a bullet for me, as I would take one for them. They just seem to think on another angle about this. They didn´t said this as an insult, but as a reminder. Girls tend to be very futile and they know it.

I never had a serious relation, and I don´t know how "stupid" I would become and what I would do for a potencial gf.

They have more experice than me on relations. But they are good friends and trust them that what they said, they said it with the best intentions

9. Dream Warrior

Dream Warrior Well-Known Member

In the end, the only person you really have in this world is yourself. Most others, even the ones who proclaim to love you with all their hearts, will only end up disappointing you, leaving you, or hurting you at some point. So, I think it's very important for you to be the very best you that you can be. Because one day, you could be all alone in the world with nobody to care about you.

Wow, that was very emo. Oh, well.

10. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

You shouldn't change yourself just to please someone else.
    You /should/ change yourself once you start being unpleasant.

It's subjective, hard to tell, complicated, but you must be aware of it if you want to keep such individualistic hobby as ours.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i think its really cool youre sticking with your real friends, as opposed to random advise on the internet. anyways, its cool if you have different opinions with your buddies, thats a normal thing.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

F**k her, the collection stays.

13. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I'd remain a sandy little butthole.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    My wife accepted me and my toys the first day we met

15. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I agree, but I would put some provisions on that statement. You ALWAYS change for someone - it's part of being in a relationship, but most of those changes don't come about because of demands. I know when I got married I gave up my comics because I had to - money and space and time were getting limited, but it was my own choice. However, there are times when another person should be the one to ask, especially if what you are doing is legitimately causing a problem. I'm assuming most people here can persue their hobby in a healthy way, but I'm also sure that some people may have an unhealthy obsession that would put a strain on a relationship for various reasons.

16. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

You shouldn't change for anyone. Period.
    I tell you that from experience.
    I have a few few TFs displayed in my apartment along with some Star Wars stuff, but it's done tastefully as in "not a toy shrine". When I bring lady friends over, they see my TFs in the living room, and, if they're lucky, my bedroom. I even had a milf over once that totally loved my Alts and MPs and actually wanted to know where she could buy some… for her kid (she was Portuguese…:wink: ).

Yeah, I was thinking about Saddam's voice singing "I Can Change" too.

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

A-freakin'-MEN! I've try to stop collecting for various reasons over the years, and ended up miserable each time. I'm sure as hell not giving it up for some girl.

Oh, it's totally healthy. I mean, yeah, I did sell a couple organs for that Galvatron, and I gotta find a way to remove my hand for my Alternator Swerve later, but everyone does this sort of thing to complete their collection, right?

18. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    ^You have the perfect sig for this thread.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Be yourself and don't waste time on shallow girls. Quality chicks, like mine, know that a man's hobbies make him happy and happy men are good to their women.

If anything, you should be more open about collecting Transformers. This will weed out the spoiled brats that want their boyfriend to spend all his money on them. Leave those drama queens to sponge off your friends instead of you.

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't say they ARE pricks, they just come off that way, it seems all the judging is coming right from them to me

And just because they've had more experience doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't give up things you love for a girl. The only exceptions are of course when it's something harmful, to you, others, or whatever. If you can afford collecting though and don't let it rule over everything, well, no harm done, and it's perfectly fine.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007