Would you buy more than 1 figure of the same character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rodimusconvoy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I ordered a Smokescreen/Dinobot/Starscream case, however, they are out inh my area and I coudnt resist the impulse and had to buy them. I may sell the duplicates, but may also keep them. For diferent reasons I got multiples of the next figures:

BW 10 aniv. Waspinator: A failed trade where the other part thought that I would never noticed a duplicate Waspinator instead of a Blackarachnia.

Universe Galvatron: Had to get him because I ordered a case in order to get Sideswipw and Silverstreak

Universe Onslaught: Due to a BBTS error, I ended with an extra one.

Now, I think I could use an extra Cyclonus, what do you think???

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More then one character sure I have got knows how many primes. But as for having multiple identical toys I have one or two. I got Supercon Prime dirt cheap in a sale so I have that MISB under my bed and I got a 2nd toy out to play with.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i bought a case of tf classics back before the movie, for about $80, i only opened half of them, and i kept the other half sealed, i figured 8 figures for $10 was a better price then 4 figures for the $12 that they were lol or something like that, at bbts.

so i just kept the mirage, ramjet, cliffjumper, and who ever the last one was in that case lol i forget. ooh wait yea, rodimus. they may be worth something someday anyways, besides it was the only way for me to get grimlock at the same time as the rest.

4. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Got a few duplicate figure, but not always as a choice :p  Sometime it's ordering error from me, like when I forgot I had MP-Megs pre-ordered and buyed it from a group buy here on the forum. Ended up with two, so I traded one. Also bough a case of MP-Starscream (wal-Mart) wich had 3 of them, gave one to a friend, and still have another misb laying in the closet somewhere, I'll probably trade him one day too.

Also not forgetting the Premium line, got most of them as duplicate from the standard version, so again a lot of bots I'll have to sell at some point!

But overall, I never get a duplicate with the idea to keep him

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends. Universe Acid Storm makes for a great generic seeker. Cyclonus could use his armada, you know, rare exceptions like that would do it for me.

6. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I generally don't... but that's me. :D 

I also don't army-build Cobra troops.

7. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't normally buy duplicate figures, unless I accidentally break a good figure, or if it came with a bad defect but can't be exchanged for a new one.

But when those unforseen things do happen, I like to hang onto the "bad" figure. I'm very careful with my toys, so it's fun to have a figure you're not afraid to transform really roughly and just generally act like a kid again! I can see why people might want to buy two, exactly for that reason, but I can't afford to do that. And I think it would be an unhealthy indulgence in obsessive behaviour anyway...

8. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Often, unfortunately. I have been known to buy and open(ugh) multiples of deluxe-class figures in particular. I'll be picking up multiple Universe 2.0 Starscreams when they shelfwarm and get clearanced, and have plans to pick up another Cyclonus and Hound. Most of my multiples are repaint/kitbash fodder.

EDIT: Oh shizzle, 666 posts o_O 

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Only with Ratchet, Megs, and Bruticus.

Usually to display in both modes at once, I'll be getting two (maybe three) Encore Bruticodes, one's getting reprolabels to make him more cartoon like.

10. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    If I really like a fig I may buy a duplicate one to take into work so if anything happens to it then it won't affect my collection; otherwise I don't buy duplicates.

11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I almost forget Cyclonus and his Armada, Im now needing another one....I will get the one I found at the store, tomorrow if he is still there.

And nice, I was thinking today that I was the only one to do this.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Unless I plan on kitbashing it, no. Closest thing I've done to that, so far, is by the new Universe Starscream even though I already have the original Classics version (though it'll be turned into Blitzwing in the future).

13. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have two Universe Ironhides, but that's because I tried modding it, but messed up and can't transform anymore. Bought another one to play with.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I do it on rare occasions. I have two of Universe Cyclonus, and I still might get the Henkei version as well. I will sometimes buy extra of something if it goes on clearance (usually at Target).

15. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I am not doing any kitbashing, I only buy one figure of the same character in a line. But in terms of figures of the same character in different lines, that is entirely a different story.

16. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I haven't done this yet, but I've been tempted to buy the seekers many times over, particularly Acid Storm and the new Starscream.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I've gotten 2 Cyclonus' and 2 Bluestreaks; 1 for the shelf, 1 for bashing.

I have Classics Starscream on my shelf already, but I bought two Universe Starscreams to display separately; one in bot-mode, the other F-15. And I'm actually going to buy a third for someone to paint up for me.

Hey- I like Starscream. Makes me think of owning a Screamer from every line (G1/Encore is going to be quite pricey).

18. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

The only duplicate I currently have is 09 BB. Bought the second one cause I couldn't transform it back into car mode. The only others I plan on buying is multiple modes. Shockwave was on the list, but not anymore because of the purple one. The twins are still on there though.

19. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only time I buy multiples, is buying them for a gifts for my nephews. I also buy a few marked down figures and give them to charity for the next holiday season like Toys For Tots. I''m sure a boy will be really happy with one of those yellow TFA Rescue Ratchet.

20. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. Because there are so many hundred figures out there to buy, getting two of the same one seems pointless. The funds would better be spent on a figure I DON'T have!