Would you buy a third party line of G1 mini-bots like the Cyclops Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Been thinking about this for a few days... the Shockwave that comes with Cyclops is just fantastic. Awesomely articulated, good joints (even has mini ratchet joints), and just overall a good, solid figure.

Would anyone here be into a complete G1 line of minis that had that kind of aesthetic and playability to them? I'm not much into Legends and Cyberverse, but I would be all over a complete G1 lineup of these kinds of minis.

Just wondering what you guys' thoughts are.

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they are as good as Cyclops seem, then yes.
    If they're equal to the official legends figures, then no.
    hopefully they could be a little cheaper than mini-cyclops though.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

This seems like the sort of thing Perfect Effect would do.

But honestly I think Hasbro can pull it off. The ROTF Scouts and Human Alliance Basics were not too far off this concept.

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Come on Astro... I love you, but that's why I stated specifically "like the Cyclops Shockwave" in the title. Haha.

But yea dude, we're only looking at if they're that quality, and nothing else, bc like I said: I'm sure as hell not into the Legends and Cyberverse Has/Tak figures either.

And you brought up a good point with price... did they announce what price they're releasing the Cyclops mini clones at?

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    if they developed some pretty good sized city bots to go along with this than yes!

kinda like the WST line but highly articulated (or as much as you can get at that scale)

other wise i would just stick with classic or even the new mp line

6. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $25 a piece or something like that if I recall correctly.

7. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont know about G1 ones, but some other ones to go along with this little guy would be AWESOME!

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure, why not? iGear's Mini Warriors line was (and still going to be) a success, as far as I can tell. Smaller figures reels in more customers who are still hesistant about dropping more than $50 on an unofficial/unlicensed 3P toy while piquing their interest for perhaps more or something bigger. I know that I'm one of those folks who admire MMC's designs and past toy efforts, but nothing out of their line up so far has grabbed me enough to warrant a purchase, especially since while I like the HoS aesthetic I don't love it enough to drop serious cash on it. Their mini sub figure certainly has my attention, along with steampunk Starscream. And I speak as a fan of EZ/Legends/Cyberverse figures too.

9. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I haven't had the pleasure of having the mini Shocky in my hands, but I'd be all for a line of SUPER articulated mini G1 characters.

I thought that the Legends/Cyberverse line was actually a great idea, but the execution left a lot to be desired.

Maybe they would be a "Mini Masterpiece" line or something?

Anyway, like has already been mentioned, this would be a perfect way to open the door for the return of city/base formers! And even mini combiners too!

10. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Hmmm, neat idea about the mini-MP line. I'm sure the WST line was pretty popular (I'm guessing here since I only own WST Shockwave and prices for the rest are ridiculous on eBay) and having more articulated/updated figures would catch on fast too (gotta catch 'em all!)--again, look no further than iGear's Mini Warriors (Rager is sold out at a lot of places, and not-Brawn and not-Cosmos are very anticipated judging by fan reaction). Also, the official Legends and Cyberverse line of figures already have toys with limbs and parts that pop off very easily, lol.

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    i'd be into it. love smaller figures, though im not sure if id want them to have the hos aesthetic

12. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    I haven't had the pleasure of handling mini cyclops yet.. But wouldn't you like a mini line just a lil larger? Could anyone post a pic of miniclops next to one of the Perfect Effects Reflector Bots. I'd personally want them a tad bit bigger then them. I love the articulation on those little guys, but they are a weeeee bit hard to handle because of there small size. But I loooooove the idea of mini masterpieces!!!

13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

No.

Because iGear are already doing Minibots and I wouldn't be intrested in the bigger characters being made at that scale.

14. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

I think we are already getting what we want from iGear.. I like what they are doing & the direction they are going w/ the Mini Warriors personally.

15. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Since the minibots are so much more simplistic in design, maybe in this line they would be even smaller "microbots"!

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Would rather have Hasbro do it.

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Exactly.

That's a perfect price point.

The idea is for a G1 aesthetic: Not HOS.

All of this, would be sick, and exactly what I'd want.

Yea. I'm talking about G1-styled. I'm with you.

No. Not personally. But with Shockwave... he's the size that you go on to say you want, in the fact that he's about two heads taller than the PE Reflector bots.

What IGear is doing with their mini-bot line has nothing to do with the idea that I'm mentioning. They're creating mini-bots that were miniature on the show to scale with classics toys. This would be an entire line of miniatures, and not just the bots that were miniature in the series.

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'd probably feel similar to them as I do Cyclops. Cool, but too damn expensive and unnecessary for my collection.

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Hell yeah, super articulated WST-type bots would be awesome. Lots of fun and very little shelf space

20. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Oh nice, so he's actually a little bigger then I thought! I'd enjoy a mini masterpiece line of G1 Characters for sure!! Could be the (WSM) Worlds Smallest Masterpiece line, high level engineering and complex transformations, just miniature! An upgraded version of the WST Worlds smallest transformers!