Would you buy a collectible model/kit of Planet Cybertron or Unicron's planet mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by netkid, Jul 5, 2010.

?

Would you buy a collectible model/kit of Planet Cybertron or Unicron's planet mode?

1. Cybertron-Yes, as a highly detailed plastic representation. Lights, sounds, moving parts.

44.4%
  2. Cybertron-Yes, as a buildable kit with optional parts, lights, sounds, moving parts.

22.2%
  3. Cybertron-Yes, as a cold-cast statue. Maybe on the lights, sounds, and moving parts.

22.2%
  4. Cybertron-Yes, as a resin kit with optional pieces and fiber-optic lights.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Unicron Planet-Yes, as a highly detailed plastic representation. Lights, sounds, moving parts.

44.4%
  6. Unicron Planet-Yes, a buildable kit w/optional parts, fiberoptic lights, sounds, moving parts.

22.2%
  7. Unicron Planet-Yes, as a cold-cast statue. Maybe on the lights, sounds, and moving parts.

11.1%
  8. Unicron Planet-Yes, as a resin kit with optional pieces and fiber-optic lights.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Unicron Robot-Yes, as a highly detailed plastic representation. Lights, sounds, moving parts.

11.1%
  10. Unicron Robot-Yes, as a buildable kit with optional parts, fiber optic lights, sounds, moving parts.

11.1%
  11. Unicron Robot-Yes, as a cold-cast statue. Maybe on the lights, sounds, and moving parts.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Unicron Robot-Yes, as a resin kit with optional pieces and fiber-optic lights.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. No. I would not buy either of these products.

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Would you buy a collectible model/kit of Cybertron, Planet Unicron, or Robot Unicron?

So today after eating at the 4th of July family cookout, I kicked back to digest and watched some TV. "How do they do it" was on the Discovery Science Channel, and being one of my favorite shows, had my attention. They had a segment on classroom globes. Y'know, the ones made of paper that spin around on a base. That's when an idea sparked in my head.

What if a company made highly detailed representations of planet Cybertron and it's moons? With the War For Cybertron game, we are now exploring much more of the Transformers home world than ever before and having a physical representation of that world may be interesting.

Hear me out,

Imagine being able to own a replica of Planet Cybertron and it's accompanying moons made of high quality durable plastics, all meticulously detailed and painted, with it's cities lit by fiber optic wires that glowed and blinked to represent life on the planet and any wars being waged. Each city, region, and important landmark would be numbered to correspond with the name of that location, located on the base which this piece would hover above.

Even better, it could be done as a fiber-optic model kit so that the buyer can detail it their own way, painting the planet realistically or giving it a more "cartoon" Generation One look. And if any moons or locations are different, there could be optional parts included to build the model planet in accordance to the specific depiction of Cybertron from a certain show or era of Transformers.

Another approach is to have the model Planet be part cut-away to view the inner workings of it, or instead, just have there be a hinge or panel that can be opened or removed to view inside the planet. Taking this even further, it could include motorized parts to show certain areas moving or moons orbiting the planet. And if we have lights, then why not add sounds as well?

I think this idea could also apply to a Unicron model of his Planet mode. That could also benefit from being made in the cut-away fashion, to showcase all his inner workings and processes of digesting planets. He too could have fiber optic lit areas, motorized parts, and sounds.

So what do you folks think? I think any of the 3 products would make quote a shelf piece.
    Would you buy such products? And if so, how much do you think would be a fair retail price?

I can't see HASBRO making this, they probably would have another company handle it, especially if it were made as a model kit rather than a collectible highly-detailed scale model.

Attached above is a Poll, asking how you would like the product to be made: durable plastic representation, buildable model kit, cold-cast statue, or resin kit. Please remember that you CAN vote for MORE and 1 choice, so tell me what you think for the 3 main product options: Planet Cybertron, Planet Unicron, or Robot Unicron. And lastly, if you think any of the ideas are not worth buying, then just vote the last option of "No, I would not buy this product."

Thanks, I'd love to hear what you folks think and see how the vote turns out.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Detailed globes of Unicron and Cybertron- with both moons- would be extremely nice for me.
    i don't need all the bells and whistles, though.

as for size, i would like Unicron to be in proportion to Cybertron (not bounce around like the animators did in the movie) so that there's no mistaking just how f-in large Unicron is.

just saying, if Cybertron is like a softball, shouldn't Unicron be about the size of a soccer ball? (ok, maybe a tad smaller, but you see the point.)

but back to the answer. I would love to see globes of these two.

3. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sounds cool to me. I'd be more interested in a Cybertron globe, but if I bought Cybertron, I'd have to get Unicron to menace Cybertron with!

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Maybe a Cybertron with its moons and maybe a Unicron head..