would you bring back dreamwave storylines?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gregles, Sep 21, 2011.

?

would you bring back dreamwave storylines?

1. bring it back

71.7%
  2. leave it unfinished

28.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregles

gregles quintesson

we have been given alot since its decline, we have been given 3 movies, 2 great cartoons and idw comics to replace dreamwave so we cant complain about lack of fiction but if you could wave a magic wand which could undo all the practical problems which would make such a resurrection impossible would you choose to make it happen. If you are pro bring it back what would you have happen next in its ongoing, war within, energon, beast wars, RID storylines

I personally would like to see it continued as my favourites the quintessons were gonna get some interesting storylines and megatron needed to rule the cons longer but as I said earlier im not that botherd as we have plenty of other transformers fiction available to us.

2. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I want my war within continued. D=

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Hell yes.

Patyk and McDonough were taking their G1 storyline in a very interesting direction before Pat Lee fucked shit up. They're now on record as saying they won't continue until they receive the money that Dreamwave owes them. Perhaps if someone coughed up an equivalent amount and offered it to them in exchange for continuing their Transformers chronicle under a different publisher, we might finally see the saga continued.

4. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Meh, I'm indifferent. I've never read a single Dreamwave Transformers comic, so I don't know how good their stories are. The only one I'd maybe like to see continued is The War Within, but that's only because Furman pretty much had all the writing for it done it before Dreamwave went belly up.

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Yeah, their G1 comic is way better than the current one from IDW, but while I wish they could continute it, it'd be way too confusing for readers. If they could take over the IDW one, and infuse some of their ideas into it, that'd would be good enough for me.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The Energon one was the one that interested me and fortunately we know what would've happened, so I'm happy with that.

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Depends on who does it. With IDW continuing the Marvel storyline, and doing their own G1, Movie, and Prime books, I don't see them taking on more TF.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I totally would. I would have liked to see what was behind that vault Sunstorm was trying to open, plus I would have loved to see what the Fallen was going to do while possessing Jetfire.

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I was VERY interested to see where it was going, we had Hardcore Megatron, unicron revving up, the Quints getting into the fray and Sixshot lurking in the shadows..... then we got IDW mess of a bunch of minis (where nothing happens until issue #6 end ends with the mother of all deus ex machina) Then we get All hail which is GREAT but is then followed up with ongoing which is dull to be kind (expcept for 22 & 23.)

Now let me be very clear I don't HATE IDW it's great but it's a pale shadow of what DW seemed to be building towards.

10. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I say leave Dreamworks dead. We've already won the lottery by seeing Marvel #81 come to light... lets go with that. If it runs its course and was successful - then worry about continuing a DW story.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be up for it. Minus all the obvious Pat Lee shit, I think the Dreamwave stuff absolutely blew everything else out of the water in terms of stories, artwork, coloring, style and basically everything else I ever wanted to see in TF comics. Dreamwave got me collecting TF comics again, whereas IDW got me to promptly stop. They just pale in comparison imo.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I was quite interested in the Dreamwave series. It was getting better with each passing issue whereas IDW is getting worse with each passing issue.

Dreamwave gave fans of Transformers what they wanted. IDW keeps pushing unlikeable human characters onto us.

Sure there are good and bad stories from both companies but overall, I preferred Dreamwave's stories. You actually felt like you were getting a story for your money with each issue whereas with IDW you're lucky to get more than one speech bubble per panel. I recently went back to read an old Dreamwave comic and was surprised at just how much text there is to read on each page compared to IDW's comics.

The art was also getting better with each issue too. The house style may not have been everyone's cup of tea but at least it was consistent. We didn't get redesigned characters suddenly going back to their 1984 design for no in-story reason just because that particular artist wanted to draw them that way (IDW Bumblebee mini-series).

13. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want War Within finished.
    I want Universe(2003-04) finished. That's for damn sure.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them finish up War Within: The Age of Wrath and Energon, since those two series were just about done and could be wrapped up quickly. However, I don't see much point in continuing the ongoing series, since the plotlines were just barely getting started and it likely couldn't be wrapped up without needing more issues than the G1 continuation.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't even care anymore... My next TF comic is going to be Transformers #81.

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Bring it back and let it finish all its comic series in one to two comics for each series so we at least have a ending to everything they made.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    They can't wrap up all the loose plot threads in just a single issue or two. Unless it was a really crap rushed issue and even then there would still be things they missed and still things that would feel unfinished.

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked where it was going honestly (the main g1 title). It wasn't the BEST Transformers comic, but it was entertaining, and Don's art was really good

19. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Dreamwave kicked the bucket a few years before I was ever into Transformers, so I'm pretty much ambivalent to it. I have TWW re-release omnibus, but I haven't read it yet.

20. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In terms of intelligent storytelling, Dreamwave was a real nadir for the franchise; a blot on the Transformers landscape obsessed with geewun fangasming.

Leave it in the past please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.